• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: full content of the Majora's Mask pack revealed

L~A

Well, they haven't added it just yet... it's coming on January 29 ;)

No idea when NA will get it by the way, since the DLC comes out one week later, and update is basically the DLC (if past releases are anything to go by).

MrDaravon

■ Smithy improved, adding several new options
"Delete Skill", "Check skills (before crafting)", and add "Sale weapons"
■ More information available during Adventure Mode
Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

FUCKING MEGATON

Also they are raising the level cap AGAIN? Holy fucking shit. Me and my wife are playing the shit out of this, and we're still not even done with the first Adventure Quest. The amount of content in the game is fucking ridiculous, and the DLC has added a ton more we haven't even looked at yet.

Skull Kid Lana feels like a huge slap in the face. "Hey you know the most important character to the plot of the game that you all wanted to play as? Well here's it as a costume for the character no one asked for." And then it's another Link playable, and two out of three of the costumes are from Ocarina. Some Majora's Mask pack.

NZerker12

Thank You

They finally updated the blacksmith to be more like the other warriors games. Although I still don't see the option to sacrifice a weapon to add a slot to another option though. Hopefully, that will be in a Ver. 1.6.0 or at least HW2.

Fierce Deity looks badass hopefully you can control him in focus spirit mode

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I never bought the season pass expecting the Majora's Mask costumes to give the Omega Force's original character the only MM costume and then get two inferior designs as costumes from OoT. Why.

L~A

I wouldn't be surprised if that was his level 2 weapon, with his third being the great fairy sword.

Yeah, it's the sort of thing I'm sure the developers added. They're such Zelda nerds, I doubt they'd forget something like that.

Wouldn't Ghirahim had been a better character for a Skull Kid costume? He's thin and lanky, has no alt costume and is evil, using dark magic and what not...

Lana has an alt costume already and isn't even evil or even a Zelda character...

Zarovitch

Yes!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wouldn't Ghirahim had been a better character for a Skull Kid costume? He's thin and lanky, has no alt costume and is evil, using dark magic and what not...

Lana has an alt costume already and isn't even evil or even a Zelda character...
She's cuter, Skull Kid doesn't have to look evil.

FaintDeftone

I really need to go back and play more of this. The game got buried under other fall releases and I didn't got to finish it. This DLC looks great.

There have been so many updates I can't even keep track. How many of these are covered by the season pass?

Everything but the Pre-Order costume packs come with the season pass.

Speaking of which, are those on the US Shop yet? Last I checked they weren't, despite hearing they were for other regions.

Skull Kid Lana feels like a huge slap in the face. "Hey you know the most important character to the plot of the game that you all wanted to play as? Well here's it as a costume for the character no one asked for." And then it's another Link playable, and two out of three of the costumes are from Ocarina. Some Majora's Mask pack.

I never bought the season pass expecting the Majora's Mask costumes to give the Omega Force's original character the only MM costume and then get two inferior designs as costumes from OoT. Why.

latest

Everything but the Pre-Order costume packs come with the season pass.

Speaking of which, are those on the US Shop yet? Last I checked they weren't, despite hearing they were for other regions.

They're available right now for $1 a pop.

This is a game that keeps on giving! So damn glad I bought it with the DLC Pack. Totally worth it. I just wish they will release the soundtrack...

Is this the one of the best post release DLC/season pass anyone has ever done? It's been such a nice balance of being totally up front about what it will contain while still having nice surprises, offering a good amount of content and also continuing to improve the game for those who don't buy the DLC. Even the pre-order bonuses eventually went on sale for pretty reasonable prices.

Rvaisse

improving the market and the smith were really necessary, i'm glad it's finally coming.
The DLC content is exactly what i was expecting and i'm glad i bought the season pass, worthed every penny.

bobohoro

Forget about the DLC, 1.5. is pretty much the best news from a game with nothing but great news. Smithy updates make weapon building somewhat doable, more info on the adventure map is long overdue and instant restart as well. Very interested to see what they did with potions and possible new skills.

Just hope the new map isn't a total slog like the TP one.

Kinsei

Banned

Yep.

■ More information available during Adventure Mode
Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

oh fuck yes

Forget about the DLC, 1.5. is pretty much the best news from a game with nothing but great news. Smithy updates make weapon building somewhat doable, more info on the adventure map is long overdue and instant restart as well. Very interested to see what they did with potions and possible new skills.

Just hope the new map isn't a total slog like the TP one.

What has me concerned some is that the bottom of the map seems to indicate days remaining and owl statues. To me this indicates the map may completely reset either after X number of stages or after actual days and then you can only start from the middle or unlocked owls. This is even before the fact that the level cap is going up and we know how that went with the TP map.

006sdka5.jpg

This is one of the most incredibly bad ass picture I have ever seen.

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Love this picture so much. XD

So does she wear the mask? Is Skull Kid somehow an enemy? Or was this just mocked up to excite and depress me?

Man, I'm dissapointed in the characters. Was hoping for skull kid and a female as the second. Tingle's fine I guess, but young link is boring.

This game's already up to its eyeballs in females. Which is not a bad thing. But there aren't even any notable females in Majora's Mask.

Dizzy-4U

Great! Now how much do I need to pay for more music and levels? =/
Yeah, that's how I feel. I've played each stage over 100 times already. Adventure maps don't do it anymore, I want to look at something new. Or you know, at least they could add rain and snow in the existing ones to make it look different.

Nontheless, I'm very pleased how this game turned out. It sets the fundation for an even greater game.

Piers

So does she wear the mask? Is Skull Kid somehow an enemy? Or was this just mocked up to excite and depress me?

It's likely Young Link's special attack/Focus Spirit finisher — cuts the moon in half and damages enemies in its trajectory.

Skull Kid would of worked so well, though. They do want to surprise fans, yes, but Tingle was a bad one for me. He is popular in Japan though, understandably.
uuggghhhhhhmgmgjg :'(

pleeeeaaase make him a playable character anyway

Raven77

Anyone have any idea where the cheapest price to pick this game up is? I looked around but can't find any sales. I also can't get on certain sites while at work.

Would have been interesting if Young Link had the masks and he could turn into the Goron, Deku, or Zora for various moves.

Oh well, still plenty of room for a sequel.

emb

Mostly inline with expectations.

But yeessh, more OoT costumes? I don't feel like we needed those in the MM pack.

L~A

It's so bad Nintendo will never, ever acknowledge the CDi games... cause that fake DLC looks hilarious, ha ha.

Top Bottom