• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: full content of the Majora's Mask pack revealed

Love how much support hyrule warriors has from the devs and nintendo, not many games do this nowdays.

Can we expect a re-release of the game with all the DLC included in the future?

I doubt a 'GOTY' style release will happen any time soon, not a nintendo game no way.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
KOs: 1200 is the golden rule if the stage counts them.
Hmm ok. I think it depends on the stage, I'm sure I got A rank with far fewer KOs.
Damage: When in doubt, try not to get more than 4000 damage. Harder stages tend to be less strict, but less than 4000 pretty much ensures you get that A-rank for that category.
How do you count that? Is 4000 = 4 hearts?
Skulltulas: First one is always 1000 KOs, second involves replaying the stage after getting the first one, getting 1200 KOs without losing more than 4 hearts worth of health, and after the first mission objective is achieved.
Wait, you can't get the two skulltulas during one play?

I actually haven't played either of the newer Samurai or Dynasty Musou games, but comparing to some of the older games and other franchise games (like Gundam), this one still stands out. It runs extremely well, and is super faithful to the source material, while still providing something new, and it is brimming with content. Even without all the DLC (ALL THE DLC) there is just so much to do.
Ehhhhh. Not in coop. Lots of pop-in and the framerate in the Temple of the Sacred Sword is absolutely abysmal, unfortunately.

Costumes are awful. The Majora's Mask pack gets two OoT costumes and a costume for the one character that should have been playable over Lana for whatever reason. Sure, why not.

The update changes look solid, though. I'm extremely happy that we'll be able to restart adventure missions and see our damage taken. I'm much less happy about the increased level cap again, though, as I'm concerned it means that they will make the MM map even more blatantly broken in terms of difficulty than the TP map was. :'/

Astral Dog

Eh, i now regret buying the hero pack, i don't even know how to unlock Zant and Girahim.
Whats left, only the boss pack?

Dr. Buni

Instead of making Skull Kid playable, they made him a costume to an awful character instead. Sigh...

:p

Anyways, Young Link is so cute. Bring him back, Nintendo. I am tired of adult Links.

mfaex

No playable Skull Kid
Emoticon_tears.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't care much for Lana as a character but she's fun to play. I think she's pretty strong, I often rack up more KOs with her abilities than whatever character my boyfriend is playing with at the time. The combo where she hops on that cube to stomp everyone is amusing.

I think my favourites right now are Impa with the naginata (because, NAGINATA <3) and Sheik, though we're far from having unlocked everything yet.

I don't care much for Lana as a character but she's fun to play. I think she's pretty strong, I often rack up more KOs with her abilities than whatever character my boyfriend is playing with at the time. The combo where she hops on that cube to stomp everyone is amusing.

I think my favourites right now are Impa with the naginata (because, NAGINATA <3) and Sheik, though we're far from having unlocked everything yet.

Lana is easily my favorite character to use along with Ganondorf and Power Glove Link.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The changes to the smithing system for weapons will make me get back into this.

But I can't knock the support and amount of content the season pass provided. My only wish would have been for a few more additional Legends mode story branches, to fully incorporate the other characters.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Will they still sell the Hero of Hyrule pack after all the DLC has been released?

Ryce

For visual reference, here are all of the characters and costumes from specific Zelda games represented in Hyrule Warriors.

mS5tExd.png

I’d say the only truly major, iconic characters missing from those four games are:

Saria (OOT) - People have been saying this for months, but Lana’s Deku Spear moveset would have been perfect for her.

Skull Kid (MM) - Lana has a Skull Kid costume, the moon can be pulled down with the hookshot, the Great Fairy has a moon attack, and Young Link appears to summon Skull Kid in one of his attacks.

Groose (SS) - The Groosenator already appears in the game, but his main “weapon” would probably be a Loftwing in the vein of Epona.

Impa (SS) - For whatever reason, all of the Hyrule Warriors characters who appeared in OOT, TP, and SS have alternate costumes from those games except for SS Impa. Impa has an alternate color scheme based on Skyward Sword, but that’s not really the same thing.

Demise (SS) - Ganondorf’s special move is Demise’s lightning sword projectile from Skyward Sword, and he has a Swords of Demise weapon, so I don’t know why the team didn’t make a Demise skin for him.

Maybe next time.

006sdka5.jpg

This is one of the most incredibly bad ass picture I have ever seen.

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Love this picture so much. XD
motherofgod.jpg

I need this dlc now.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dunno why they didn't do Demise skin for Ganon but his TP Pallete Swap Costume is pretty much based on Demise especially with the bright orange hair.

Dreavus

I wasn't the biggest fan of Lana's playstyle, then I unlocked the
Summoning Portal

Holy crap is it ever fun, although a little bit slow for some attacks.

I did not expect to like it. But it is super fun. Especially for funs. I'm not gonna go buy other warriors games, but the fan service here is what makes it. Tons of features and content.

Pretty much this for me too; about 100 hours logged and loving it, not even 50% done with the adventure maps (even excluding the new one).

Funny thing is, I thought "I should give the warriors series another chance, considering how good this is", so I loaded DW Next on my Vita (free from PS plus). Nope, still doing zero for me. Frankly, I don't understand what people like in these without the crazy enemy and weapon variety of Hyrule Warriors.

It's so bad Nintendo will never, ever acknowledge the CDi games... cause that fake DLC looks hilarious, ha ha.

Yeah, same with the DIC cartoons :(

I remember coming across some Captain N styled costumes for Lana and Zelda a while back. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd see if I could find it.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Lana's playstyle, then I unlocked the
Summoning Portal

Holy crap is it ever fun, although a little bit slow for some attacks.

Weird. At this point I tend to dread anything requiring me to use it, but maybe I just have never given it the biggest chance.

Fantastic rework to some of the systems that were cumbersome. Sakurai needs to learn from this updates, for things he left missing. Like a retry button-

Lana is so damn cute, she even makes Skull Kid cute. She's one of my favorite new characters :)

Yep i dont care what other people say. She is really fun to play (with the book and the portal) and was a suprise to me because I thought I was gonna hate her, but I even like her story.

Yep i dont care what other people say. She is really fun to play (with the book and the portal) and was a suprise to me because I thought I was gonna hate her, but I even like her story.

I haven't really looked at fan reaction to her much, but I can't imagine why some people wouldn't like her. Always thought she was cute, and when I eventually got the game, I thought she was just real fun to play as too. The story in HW ended up being pretty good too, and Lana
and her connection to Cia
is a big part of that.

Nicktendo86

This game is very, very fun. Only played legend mode so far (just got the
master sword
) and had a blast so far.

Everyone on the fence about getting it, DO IT!

Ryce

I haven't really looked at fan reaction to her much, but I can't imagine why some people wouldn't like her.
The Zelda license is the only reason I have any interest in this game. A celebration of the Zelda series doesn't need original characters. I don't hate Lana, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, but I never play as them -- they just take up space on the character select screen for me, and I would have rather had any four existing Zelda characters over them.

Lana is easily my favorite character to use along with Ganondorf and Power Glove Link.
I'd love it if the 8-bit version of those literary are the power glove.

But I can't knock the support and amount of content the season pass provided. My only wish would have been for a few more additional Legends mode story branches, to fully incorporate the other characters.
That and Challenge mode are the only let downs.

I haven't really looked at fan reaction to her much, but I can't imagine why some people wouldn't like her. Always thought she was cute, and when I eventually got the game, I thought she was just real fun to play as too. The story in HW ended up being pretty good too, and Lana
and her connection to Cia
is a big part of that.

Fanservice, doesn't look like a zelda character and she is annoying are the main gripes ive read from people. I don't have any probalem with any of those.

L~A

So...

Hyrule Warriors: Majora's Mask Pack (Nintendo, Add-on content) - €6.99/£6.29
Contents of the pack:
- A new Adventure Mode map (Termina) with six new 8-bit weapons and sixteen new mask-inspired costumes as rewards
- Two new playable characters (Young Link and Tingle)
- Three new costumes (Skull Kid's Clothes for Lana, and Era of the Hero of Time Outfits for Sheik and Impa)

The costumes from the new Adventure Mode map are actually based on the various masks... now that's cool.

Top Bottom