• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Malvingt2

Gamexplain once again failing at analysis.

Link's shield does not have the symbol for the goddess Nayru on it.

WxKIYOH.jpg

It has a symbol very similar to one from the outer ring of the gate of time on it.

KHVdqxD.png

The Gate of Time is essentially a clock with 12 symbols on the outside. It could be assumed that particular symbol is "3".

The game can't take place as the Imprisoning War because there was no hero to use the Master Sword during it.

AlPgMG7.jpg

They admit that the building to the right of the castle looks nothing like the Temple of Time. It looks more similar to the Temple of Hylia, on top of which the Temple of Time was built:

onslPM5.png

But considering that the building on the other side of the castle is identical I'm leaning towards it not being anything special.

If this game is cannon, I would probably put it between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap (despite having a cap he could be the Hero of Men) or between Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time.

Interesting stuff.

Parsnip

I can't believe this game exists.

I mean good for people who love Dynasty Warriors and Zelda I guess, but I just can't believe it.

I can't believe this game exists.

I mean good for people who love Dynasty Warriors and Zelda I guess, but I just can't believe it.

The existence of something like Kingdom Hearts (Final Fantasy meets Disney, really?) or Pokemon Conquest should probably render people less surprised - at least it's a "crossover" of gameplay more than characters, and that gameplay system makes some sense given the contributing games are fundamentally about action.

Seeing the analysis offered by RagnarokX, I'm now more curious about whether this game will fit into canon somewhere. I could safely imagine this happening a generation or three after Skyward Sword.

Prepare to be very disappointed then. The kind of crazy over the top action seen on display doesn't even lend it self to motion plus anyway IMO.

I'd have to agree on this point. The M+ gameplay in SS is largely one-on-one and features a slower, deliberate pace in order to avoid overwhelming the player. The closest analogue to the Hyrule Warriors gameplay is that segment near the end of the game (people who have played it know what I'm talking about) and I remember that being rather taxing - too much so to build a whole game around it.

I wouldn't be opposed to M+, but my fiancee hated it in SS, so the interest of having a shared experience, I'd be fine with them leaving it out.

TreIII

I hope we don't have to wait to long for more infos, considering it's probably a summer 2014 title.
The Japanese side, at least, should hopefully have a timely update schedule.

And I, for one, look forward to when I can hopefully import a hefty treasure box version of the game! Maybe for a nice change of pace, they'll think about releasing that kind of package over here, because they know Zelda fans will buy up if it's available.

Any way...another thing I was thinking about? If a collab game like this exists, it only gives more proof to the notion that "Pokkén" exists somehow, and it's only perhaps a matter of time before that is the next type of bomb dropped at a Direct...

Gamerloid

Raysoul

So while doing the Triforce hunt quest on Wind Waker, I've been pitted in to several combat situations with several enemies. Makes me think that if the combat in this new game is polished, it will be certainly be enjoyable for me.

I noticed One Piece Musou 2 says "HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD START ON EASY MODE IT WILL MAKE THE GAME EASIER" when you start it.

I hope this game doesn't because easy mode is a terrible idea.

Yeah, maybe once or twice you'll fail a mission because you were being an idiot who decided you can take on the boss even though the enemy is making a run on your base but eventually you will learn the solution to all problems is not just Y, Y, X.

REALLY hoping they make more than a few maps for this game with as much potential to get completely overrun by monumental odds that can cause a game over no matter how good you are.

For reference's sake, see:

• DW4 - Nanman Campaign
  • DW5XL - Battle of Mt. Qi

Kouriozan

I noticed One Piece Musou 2 says "HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD START ON EASY MODE IT WILL MAKE THE GAME EASIER" when you start it.

Yeah, maybe once or twice you'll fail a mission because you were being an idiot who decided you can take on the boss even though the enemy is making a run on your base but eventually you will learn the solution to all problems is not just Y, Y, X.
I agree, playing Musou game on easy is just boring.

MisterHero

If this game is cannon, I would probably put it between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap (despite having a cap he could be the Hero of Men) or between Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time.
The Hyrulean Civil War supposedly takes place shortly before Ocarina of Time. If it's the same war that drove the Hero of Time's mother into the Lost Woods, that means 10 years (Hero of Time's age) before Ocarina of Time.

It's highly improbable that HW's Link is the father of Hero of Time though. Saying that Heroes are chosen by spiritual reincarnation rather than blood could ignore that connection. However, blood relation is just easier to comprehend.

I'm down for an Ocarina prequel.

Fandangox

The main causes for failing a mission in musou games for me is usually not arriving on time to save a critical ally. They just love to die.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It only just struck me how much potential Fi would have in this game. Nintendo will probably want to insure new players are not confused by the musou genre.

"Master, your blow just felled that Moblin. If you continue to attack, your swing will hit another."
"Master, your blow just felled the next Moblin. If you continue to attack, your swing will hit another."
"Master, your blow just felled the next Moblin. If you continue to attack, your swing will hit another."
"Master, you've been fighting this group of Moblins for a while now. Don't forget to take a break and go outside."

So my cousins who don't normally keep up with Nintendo news told me they saw the trailer for this game and that they want it. One of them who wanted the PS4 has changed his mind and wants to get the Wii U now.

So my cousins who don't normally keep up with Nintendo news told me they saw the trailer for this game and that they want it. One of them who wanted the PS4 has changed his mind and wants to get the Wii U now.
What?! Well I never. I certainly didn't expect to see this kind of positive reaction for this.

Is this the mature Zelda all the kids have been clamoring for?

What?! Well I never. I certainly didn't expect to see this kind of positive reaction for this.

Is this the mature Zelda all the kids have been clamoring for?
Its a new Zelda, and a completely unique one at that which can only be experienced on Wii U.
definitely my main reason for wanting the Wii U at the moment(SSB im not hyped about the roster yet, don't know anything about main Wii U Zelda yet)

At this point in time the uncertainty of the game is hype itself for me which with standard Zelda games we pretty much know what we are getting from the beginning.
just the possibility of stuff that isn't the norm (playable Zelda, Shiek etc) has me excited.

Yeah this is the first game since launch that have gotten my co workers seriously considering buying a Wii U for. Ne interesting to see the reception for this at launch. And then what if it does really well? Can would see more in this series or a similer relaunching of other Nintendo franchises outside of the norm?

jmizzal

http://youtu.be/6YU_5Gt2MPs

GameXplain has another video talking about the game

I agree with them about if they go crazy with the playable characters, this is gonna be a must buy for people rather they like Dynasty Warrior games or not lol

All I want is a Famitsu interview and they say yes there will be lots of playable characters, then show me a new trailer in a few months

PusherT

I hope Ganon from windwaker is avalible to fuck shit up. Duel blade with mystical Triforce of Power strength and maybe a summon to beast Ganon.

Moofers

They're doing g something totally new with Zelda. I love it. I really hope the soundtrack is full of guitars like the trailer. This could be enough to finally get me back into Nintendo games.

CorvoSol

The game can't take place as the Imprisoning War because there was no hero to use the Master Sword during it.

I really do not remember Hyrule Historia saying this exact thing. I feel people are assuming that "Link loses and the Imprisoning War happens" means that, but it doesn't have to. The time between Link's defeat at the hands of Ganon and the Imprisoning War is not specified. Moreover, there weren't really any Knights of Hyrule at that point, so I assume the Knights had to be organized to defend the Sages while they cast the seal.

So really don't throw stones in glass houses.

TreIII

I really do not remember Hyrule Historia saying this exact thing. I feel people are assuming that "Link loses and the Imprisoning War happens" means that, but it doesn't have to. The time between Link's defeat at the hands of Ganon and the Imprisoning War is not specified. Moreover, there weren't really any Knights of Hyrule at that point, so I assume the Knights had to be organized to defend the Sages while they cast the seal.

So really don't throw stones in glass houses.

While true, it's things like that which really do make me think twice about such a thing and think that Omega Force would be far better off if they were just allowed to tell their own story in a self-contained environment, and not have to be concerned with the timeline at all.

If for no other reason...if this game does well enough to get sequels, then they'll already have their own scenario to work with and expand upon, and won't have to explain a damn thing. Plus, assuming that there are multiple characters to play as and Nintendo gives Omega Force a lot of creative liberty? They also won't have to explain how somebody like Tingle or Saria can take out Ganon and his army by themselves!

I am slowly changing my mind about how ugly this game looks thanks to the video on eShop

it seems really clean even the ground texture doesnt look like shit on the eShop video

SmithnCo

http://youtu.be/6YU_5Gt2MPs

GameXplain has another video talking about the game

I agree with them about if they go crazy with the playable characters, this is gonna be a must buy for people rather they like Dynasty Warrior games or not lol

All I want is a Famitsu interview and they say yes there will be lots of playable characters, then show me a new trailer in a few months

Yeah, I hope we can play as a couple Dorf variations and this seems perfect for Fierce Diety to show up.

Koppai

I honestly don't care much for DW games but I do have the Gundam 2 (PS3) and Samurai Warriors 3(Wii) games and they were alright, I never finished them though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I agree with GameXplain about the playable character. How great would be to be Oni Link

and this bring us to a question: would you prefer to see this game having a "canonic" approach to the storyline, or would you prefer to see it going crazy with the characters?
because of course, one thing limit the other...

L~A

I agree with GameXplain about the playable character. How great would be to be Oni Link

and this bring us to a question: would you prefer to see this game having a "canonic" approach to the storyline, or would you prefer to see it going crazy with the characters?

Personally, I'd like a "normal" story, but not canon (so not some totally crazy and/or over the top). Then again, I'd rather see more of the gameplay before worrying about the story!

Tom_Cody

And this bring us to a question: would you prefer to see this game having a "canonic" approach to the storyline, or would you prefer to see it going crazy with the characters?
I would prefer for them to do what they did with Link's Crossbow Training which would be to essentially have no story. The stuff is happening. Fine. Don't ruminate over it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Personally, I'd like a "normal" story, but not canon (so not some totally crazy and/or over the top). Then again, I'd rather see more of the gameplay before worrying about the story!

Me, I'd prefer to see a very good amount of playable characters (even villains), and if the excuse to have them is to create a non-canonic episode, I'd totally agree with this approach
I mean, Musou games get better with the variety of playable characters, and I don't think that we'll have tons of chances to get more action-oriented and playable-characters-oriented games than this, in the Zelda franchise ;p

Top Bottom