• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am, restrictively, giving away a lifetime Steam account (see inside)

chugen

giphy.gif

damn man

Nice one. This way, the games might be actually be played. ;)

Seriously though, very nice iniative. Not gonna enter myself since I already have access to as many games as I can possibly handle, but someone is going to be a happy gamer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, you have to give us some details, how did this come about?

Well, it seemed logical, really. While Steam does not allow concurrent library access, I buy games frequently but play games infrequently. Admittedly, idling will probably get in the way here and there, but other than that, the winner need only need worry about the few weeks following the launch of AssCreed Unity. ;)

Goldmund

That is really cool, but doesn't family sharing only work if the one sharing is not currently playing any game from his or her library? You logged in 106 hours in the past two weeks. I don't think the winner will get anything out of this, not that I'd qualify for the raffle.

JaseC

That is really cool, but doesn't family sharing only work if the one sharing is not currently playing any game from his or her library? You logged in 106 hours in the past two weeks. I don't think the winner will get anything out of this, not that I'd qualify for the raffle.

I'll work around my idling habits with the winner. It's not a perfect situation, sure, but the only reason I've spent 100+ hours the past two weeks is because I bought ~120 games during the Summer Sale.

Goldmund

I'll work around my idling habits with the winner. It's not a perfect situation, sure, but the only reason I've spent 100+ hours the past two weeks is because I bought ~120 games during the Summer Sale.
Yeah, I saw your post about the idling only after I had already posted.

Nokterian

Goddamn Jase that is a lot of games! Well one thing is for sure when you share it that person will have the time of his life playing so many games.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

I thought they could play each others games, just not the same game, at the same time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, incredible. This is great, Jase.

I'm not going to enter, as I like to have the games in my own account or discs (that's the reason I don't want to borrow my friends' PS3 games), but you are extremely generous for offering access to your games through Family Sharing.

I thought they could play each others games, just not the same game, at the same time.

I think it's for all games:

When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?
As the account holder, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when another user is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

Baleoce

I think it's for all games:

When I authorize a device to lend my library to others, do I limit my own ability to access and play my games?
As the account holder, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when another user is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

That's interesting. So, if you had more than one "family member" attached to your account, would they have to wrestle for ownership of the library? xD

JaseC

I'm going to edit into the OP how Family Sharing currently works and what this means for the winner.

That's interesting. So, if you had more than one "family member" attached to your account, would they have to wrestle for ownership of the library? xD

Fight fight fight! Kiss Kiss.

Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?
No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Whoever is playing it gets to keep playing unless the owner wants to play. If A wants to play but B is already doing so, A must wait. Alternatively C (the owner) can play whenever they want.

JaseC

The account owner is afforded priority; everybody else is a secondary user. Check the OP in about five minutes for a detailed description. The main reason I'm doing this is because outside of card idling I rarely play games.

SephiZack

Damn only for people who have given 25 games. I could go and give 25 humble bundles but that would make me feel an asshole

Foffy

Banned
I am absolutely not eligible, but is there a story why you buy so many games and seemed to have not touched most of them? Binge purchasing habit? :p

iNvid02

i guess im not eligible since i never got round to using modbot for giveaways but thats pretty awesome of you

g'luck gaf

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Is it too much to say that I think I'm witnessing Gaf history. This is an awesome giveaway. I would say I'd like to win, but me winning would be a waste. I don't play as much as a lot of people do. Me having access to that much through steam wouldn't change much. lol. Good luck to the entrants!

breadtruck

Haha, nice...

Even if I was eligible, this giveaway probably wouldn't do me any good. I haven't even played most of the 300 games in my account as it is!

Top Bottom