• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am, restrictively, giving away a lifetime Steam account (see inside)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, just out of curiosity, is it your goal to basically own every single game on Steam? Or do you simply buy them like that, just because you can?
I don't think I've ever seen such a HUGE digital collection. It's amazing, it's scary, it's making me question a lot of things in life, I love it.

Steam games are like Pokemon to me, although that being said I didn't catch the collecting bug until July 2012 and so I've missed the boat on a great many things, such as licensed titles like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Golden Compass (I wouldn't be shocked if you had no idea these were even on Steam ;)). I don't pursue Steam collecting because "I want to be the best", but rather because, well, the games are just nice to have, even though my interest in gaming has waned significantly over the past few years to the point where, this year, I've yet to finish a single title.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Steam games are like Pokemon to me, although that being said I didn't catch the collecting bug until July 2012 and so I've missed the boat on a great many things, such as licensed titles like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Golden Compass (I wouldn't be shocked if you had no idea these were even on Steam ;)). I don't pursue Steam collecting because "I want to be the best", but rather because, well, the games are just nice to have, even though my interest in gaming has waned significantly over the past few years to the point where, this year, I've yet to finish a single title.

To a smaller degree, I'm the same.

I've been collecting games for years, just because they're nice to have rather than any significant reason. Crossing the 1,000 barrier this year was a tipping point, especially as my gaming time had decreased significantly.

This summer sale I was on holiday so missed most of it, and I'm almost relieved. One day I'll set about my backlog too.

Yeah right

Exile20

So JaseC you spent

Over the last 8 years, you've spent 5400(225 days) hours playing this selection, which includes 3021 items, is valued at $36429.99, and requires 10091.5 GB(excludes two games, so 3019)

Goodluck everyone.

MUnited83

For you.
So JaseC you spent

Over the last 8 years, you've spent 5400 hours playing this selection, which includes 3021 items, is valued at $36429.99, and requires 10091.5 GB(excludes two games, so 3019)

Goodluck everyone.
i wouldnt surprised if he only paid around 5000/6000$ for it all :p

Corto

Shocked.gif

Good luck to the contestants. The ultimate backlog raffle.

JaseC

wait

no arkham asylum non-goty?

PFFT

Haha, in about a month I intend to chase that goal again... as well as the Korean versions of Football Manager (sadly, I think I'm going to miss that one GAFer who said he was in South Korea for five weeks, but if so I'll make a thread asking for help).

kvn

So JaseC you spent

Over the last 8 years, you've spent 5400 hours playing this selection, which includes 3021 items, is valued at $36429.99, and requires 10091.5 GB(excludes two games, so 3019)

Goodluck everyone.
Just lol.

graywolf323

It's explained in the modbot thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

To qualify for Mega Giver, you need to have given away 25 games in the last three months. Send a PM to modbot with 'my loot' in the subject line to see how many games you have given away, taken, and those eligible for mega givers.

oh well, I think I've given away around 20 games but none recently since I lost my job about a month ago (right before the Summer Sale >_<)

JaseC

What is a lifetime steam account?

Does the steam TOS allow transferring accounts?

I'm super duper late to this, but technically transferring ownership of accounts is disallowed -- however, this isn't what's up for grabs. I want to continue buying games. ;)

Opiate

JaseC, I'd like to officially request that Puppet Shadow be eligible for your entry. He's donated huge numbers of games to Bingo.

Xanathus

Oh boy I hope I win access to all those games I'll never play!
Edit: oh mega giver is limited to the last 3 months, whew mega backlog avoided!

JaseC

JaseC, I'd like to officially request that Puppet Shadow be eligible for your entry. He's donated huge numbers of games to Bingo.

Fine by me, but the matter of his eligibility is something you'd need to discuss with Stump as it's a technical issue.

Edit: Clarity.

Evo X

Crazy giveaway man. I'm sure whoever wins this is gonna be super happy.

Not entering because I barely play all the games I own now so it would be a huge waste.

Besides, I'm already terrible at deciding what to play. Having that many choices would drive me mad. lol.

El Sloth

Banned
That's cool and all, but if you can afford to buy and then gift 25 games then you're probably able to afford and play all the games you want to be playing in the first place. Well, I guess steam sales changes things.

Somehow, I don't envy the person who suddenly has their backlog increased by 100x. I'll stop being a wet blanket now.

dosh

Steam games are like Pokemon to me, although that being said I didn't catch the collecting bug until July 2012 and so I've missed the boat on a great many things, such as licensed titles like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Golden Compass (I wouldn't be shocked if you had no idea these were even on Steam ;)).
I had no idea they even existed to be honest :D

I don't pursue Steam collecting because "I want to be the best", but rather because, well, the games are just nice to have, even though my interest in gaming has waned significantly over the past few years to the point where, this year, I've yet to finish a single title.
Well I guess Unity will remedy to that.
And it's a nice and fun collection to have, I think. All the more when titles are being removed from Steam (hi Deadpool) - it's cool to know that they're still part of someone's huge collection of games. Your grid view must be quite epic to behold.

Regiruler

He's missing shovel knight, collection confirmed shit.

Good luck to the entrants, and thanks to Jace for the giveaway even though I am ineligible

Wow, you're incredibly generous, JaseC (not that we didn't know that already). I can't feel feeling that I wouldn't want this privilege for myself even if I was eligible; if my backlog feels crushing at times, I can't think what THAT must feel like. :D

Fracas

#fuckonami
How do you know if you're ineligible for the giveaway?

If I win, I'm gonna make it rain in the steam thread.

JaseC

How do you know if you're ineligible for the giveaway?

If I win, I'm gonna make it rain in the steam thread.

The only rule of eligibility is that you must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot.

oh well, i don't giveaway games due to currency exchange, and also cause I am still too young to work.
Well, I'll wait and see who get it, and be blessed(?) with the curse of backlogs

Top Bottom