• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am, restrictively, giving away a lifetime Steam account (see inside)

gngf123

I probably am eligible. Might enter, might not. EDIT: Not eligible.

However, I'm also wondering if this would even be okay with Valve. I guess this probably isn't against their TOS like account selling is though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should note that I ignore friend requests from people with whom I lack "notable" common friends or groups, so if you've added me but I'm not on your list, I quite likely ignored your request -- if so, feel free to PM me.

strafer

Be warned this collection does not have Outrun 2006.

0434_tduas.gif

wrowa

Truly amazing and a great way to reward the generous people on NeoGAF.

I'm kinda worried that the people who've given away more than 25 games are the same people that also own 1000 games on Steam already, but never get around playing them, though. :lol

Altazor

Whoa. This is insane. Thanks, JaseC for doing this... and, well, good luck to whoever wins this giveaway. I'm not eligible but even if I was, I dunno if I'd enter.

Good luck, and thank you again Based JaseC!

spirity

The conditions:

I realise many who don't frequent the Steam thread will be ineligible, but I figure I best make the giveaway as widely known as possible. Dare I say that this thread be stickied?

Edit: Fixed the embarrassing and erroneous double-negative.

How Family Sharing works:
Essentially, the winner will be granted access to every game I own that isn't set to be excluded from Family Sharing. At present, the feature doesn't allow for concurrent library access and is disabled in Offline Mode, and so if I were to load up a game while the winner were playing something, he/she would be given a short warning period before being booted out of the game. Fortunately, though, I don't play many games and I'll work with the winner to organise a schedule in cases where our intentions clash.

mpTvtFq.gif

Thats really generous, and to the lucky winner: enjoy :)

Holy shit, extremely generous OP.

I have to ask though, it seems like you buy every game on STEAM and yet rarely play them, which seems a little unusual. Am I missing something or are you an "extreme" collector of digital games and that's why you have so many titles in your library?

The account owner is afforded priority; everybody else is a secondary user. Check the OP in about five minutes for a detailed description. The main reason I'm doing this is because outside of card idling I rarely play games.

That's why it seems like you play games! The secret is now known.

I should note that I ignore friend requests from people with whom I lack "notable" common friends or groups, so if you've added me but I'm not on your list, I quite likely ignored your request -- if so, feel free to PM me.

Oh cool so I still have a chance<3

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
- Desmond Tutu

In GAF-terms this means letting modbot decide

Good luck, everyone, you're the best Jase! :)

Sordid

Wow, this is crazy dude. Super generous of you!

I've given away a lot of games on GAF but unfortunately I haven't used mod bot yet :*( good luck to everyone who's eligible to win though :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure this goes without saying, and I'll edit this into the OP as well as the giveaway post, but if the winner -- regardless of the intention -- triggers any sort of ban, access will be revoked. Again, don't be stupid. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Doesn't the Mega-giver roll over now? I may not be eligible if that's the case. :(

Still crazy deal if you don't mind some of the restrictions family sharing has. Jase buys nearly everything.

dosh

JaseC, just out of curiosity, is it your goal to basically own every single game on Steam? Or do you simply buy them like that, just because you can?
I don't think I've ever seen such a HUGE digital collection. It's amazing, it's scary, it's making me question a lot of things in life, I love it.

Tenck

I probably am eligible. Might enter, might not.

However, I'm also wondering if this would even be okay with Valve. I guess this probably isn't against their TOS like account selling is though.

Why would it be against TOS? He's not selling anything, and Valve has made no restrictions on who you can or can't Family share with.

oti

Banned
JaseC and Gabe Newell.
Have you ever seen both of them in the same room at the same time?

I'm just asking questions over here! Questions!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Why does JaseC not have a tag yet? Tag this man!

"This man is utterly crazy, if you see him on the street, please refer to your local authorities"

Seriously though, wow. You are a far better person than I am.

There's only one person who gets access to my account, and that's because
she's my partner
. I wouldn't even trust my account with family members I'm that stingy.

Good luck to anyone who enters and Mr JaseC, you're a saint, seriously.

Top Bottom