• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

shandy706

I just realized/thought about the fact that the Xbox One shares your screenshots and videos IMMEDIATELY. You don't even have to tell it to. It shares your shots out to your friends/community the moment you take it. So every crotch/wang/ball shot you take immediately uploads to Xbox Live. Haha

Hopefully Microsoft isn't as unkind in their handling of this. (they may restrict kids from seeing "mature" content though, not sure)

So basically don't stream this game because say if you walk into the wrong part of town without realizing you may just walk into nudity resulting in a ban?

Also don't ever look at anyone you kill....EVER...and don't take screenshots...just to be safe. X-D

kjacobson

Neo Member
So basically don't stream this game because say if you walk into the wrong part of town without realizing you may just walk into nudity resulting in a ban?

they put a share button on the controller

this is the purpose of that button

banning you for doing that is beyond stupid, they should just disable sharing for that game if they are so upset.

Yes, it's more likely to offend and embarrass multiple people.

Do you have any proof of people reporting an extreme closeup of one of these offensive things and it not being acted upon?

Sony didn't broadcast this publicly, you choose to watch the stream. If someone in a shop shows the stream, they're responsible if it offends somebody in their shop.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Twitter and PSN aren't public either under your weird, arbitrary, rules. You have to sign up for both.

Tovarisc

Just don't stream with PS4's build-in streaming feature and don't make nudity main focus of your W_D2 streams and you are good to go. Twitch wont ban your account because you ran into in-game content created by developers.

Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

I'm really disappointed right now.

Wow, the initial ban was lolworthy, but a revenge ban extension after it got picked up by press?

What a fucking scummy as shitty company, fuck sony.

Yes, it's more likely to offend and embarrass multiple people.

Do you have any proof of people reporting an extreme closeup of one of these offensive things and it not being acted upon?

If you played P.T the part with the Baby happened, it wasn't something hidden. So yes, most people streaming it should've been banned based on your logic.

Sony didn't broadcast this publicly, you choose to watch the stream. If someone in a shop shows the stream, they're responsible if it offends somebody in their shop.

Based on that logic, the OP didn't broadcast it publicly either, they choose to view his PSN Feed.

Just don't stream with PS4's build-in streaming feature and don't make nudity main focus of your W_D2 streams and you are good to go. Twitch wont ban your account because you ran into in-game content created by developers.

This is absolutely ridiculous. So, basically don't stream M-Rated games ever on PS4.

jett

D-Member
Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

What a bunch of dipshits. Who the hell is running that place?

#1: Where is your proof that anyone was offended by OP's share and reported it? The indication in the email in the OP is that it wasn't reported by anyone, instead it was found by Sony moderators and acted upon then.

#2: Are you seriously saying that seeing a crudely rendered human vagina is more offensive to people than seeing what looks to be a wailing, blood-covered, terminated fetus?

Demoskinos

Update:

That is some hot bullshit. You account was already suspended there isn't any ban worthy actions you could have taken. This should be reported in every games media outlet out there.

Shin-Ra

Wait people are actually defending Sony?

Fucking wow.
People are ignorant of the technology and services they use and don't consider who's going to view their published images.

Welcome to the world.

#1: Where is your proof that anyone was offended by OP's share and reported it? The indication in the email in the OP is that it wasn't reported by anyone, instead it was found by Sony moderators and acted upon then.

#2: Are you seriously saying that seeing a crudely rendered human vagina is more offensive to people than seeing what looks to be a wailing, blood-covered, terminated fetus?
1. My proof is Sony obviously don't view everything SHARE'd on PSN. If nobody reported it, it would have gone unnoticed.

2. You should read again.

I'm glad Sony isn't advocating these virtual creepshots. This must be stopped

Hope you get your account back that's actual bullshit

Edit Sony WTF

dark_chris

It's dumb as shit for Sony to do that. WTF is wrong with them? Holy shit.
Sure, we can take screenshots of dismemberments and head shots but god forbid you you do something with nudity.
Fucking A...

kjacobson

Neo Member

sometimes when you kill people they ragdoll and if you look at their dead body you might potentially see some nudity though. i mean i dont think most(any) people make nudity the main focus of their streams hahaha lets be real here, but out of everybody streaming the game its hard to say that not one of them might accidentally run into something seeing as this already happened and the game just released today.

after seeing some of the screenshots it seems like its possible to just walk into it without even realizing ahead of time - also the only streaming i have is with the ps4s builtin stream.

id never intentionally share any sort of content like this, but i'd prefer a way for people to have to opt-in to see screenshots from M rated games or maybe just flag every screenshot from this game as "spoiler" content until they get around to adding an adult filter opt-in. the subject of nudity in games has always been a touchy subject but its so outdated and compared to other things that could be shared these days like MKX brutalities/fatalities that are probably vomit inducing/triggering for some people (just trying to think one example).

Tovarisc

sometimes when you kill people they ragdoll and if you look at their dead body you might potentially see some nudity though. i mean i dont think most(any) people make nudity the main focus of their streams hahaha lets be real here, but out of everybody streaming the game its hard to say that not one of them might accidentally run into something seeing as this already happened and the game just released today.

after seeing some of the screenshots it seems like its possible to just walk into it without even realizing ahead of time - also the only streaming i have is with the ps4s builtin stream.

Running into that stuff during normal gameplay is 100% okay in Twitch's book, as long you don't put vagina into focus for your 20min AFK. It's Sony who has issue here and may ban users who stream via PS4's build-in sysem and run into nudity.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Update:

Thats terrible dude.

Guess I need to stop sharing senran kagura pictures :x

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think the difference between posting an image of it on your feed and it being in a game Sony are selling is that by buying the game you understand what you are going to see, through the ESRB rating and the bullet list along with it.

People that view your profile where this image has been shared didn't agree to seeing that content.

Isn't the better solution filtering content by age rating so kids don't see any shared content from R rated games? (Did anyone confirm whether it does that on any platform yet?)

The alternative - where anyone can see what you share but you get a ban if you post something unsuitable - is dumb. It doesn't stop people from seeing that shared content

kjacobson

Neo Member
Running into that stuff during normal gameplay is 100% okay in Twitch's book, as long you don't put vagina into focus for your 20min AFK. It's Sony who has issue here and may ban users who stream via PS4's build-in sysem and run into nudity.

gotcha - but if you stream via the ps4s built-in interface it's accessible via the ps4 dashboard right? and that is where this guy got banned right?

kinda weird to discuss because the way it sounds discussing is that me (or anyone else for that matter) is about to just launch up a WD2 nude stream but in reality im just worried as hell about accidentally running into something because i absolutely dont want to lose access to my PSN account and all the purchases tied to my account.

essentially at this point im just so afraid of that happening because of horror stories ive read - that id never even risk streaming this game for fear of doing something i didnt have any intentions of doing because i dont want to face the consequences. that may be a bit unrealistic thing to be fearful of, but its simply how i feel after reading about it happening to some users for what seems like fairly ridiculous reasons.

i totally get what you're getting at here and there are ways around this to prevent it from happening - but for me its just something id prefer to not risk at all. i appreciate the ideas though!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Esa said:
TOS: Do not share anything that is vulva or use community features to harm or alarm anyone;
Do not share anything that is defamatory or offensive (including anything racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive);

JawzPause

Update:

Sony digging themselves deeper here

Top Bottom