• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my apartment may be haunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Umm.......shit just got real. Something obviously doesn't want you to leave.

Or, more likely, his landlord DOES want him to leave so that he can rent to someone else or renovate or something, and it's much easier to scare a tenant into leaving willingly than it is to force someone out legally.

Or, maybe the doorknob just came loose too.

Poyunch

What if OP just lives in a really shitty apartment where homeless people live in between the walls and occasionally go inside?

Jackson50

That knob was almost glued on it was so tight. Which makes it falling off the more baffling
It didn't fall off. That knob was pulled off. I was afraid of your story when I first read it, OP. But now I am convinced you have a malevolent entity that is tormenting you. Read my post from a few pages ago. I have experience with this. It's not pretty. And moving away probably will not solve it. You need to contact a priest or at least a shaman ASAP.

TrutaS

It didn't fall off. That knob was pulled off. I was afraid of your story when I first read it, OP. But now I am convinced you have a malevolent entity that is tormenting you. Read my post from a few pages ago. I have experience with this. It's not pretty. And moving away probably will not solve it. You need to contact a priest or at least a shaman ASAP.

Way to ruin the placebo effect of him moving out of the house!

This whole story is very creepy, I hope you get rid of whatever is doing this to you OP (ghost/unwanted roommate/landlord/rats/demon/stalker/paparazzi/your sleep-walking self).

The Beard

OP you need to place a bottle of ketchup and some fries in your apartment. Focus the camera on the fries while you're at work or asleep.

Jayof9s

Or, more likely, his landlord DOES want him to leave so that he can rent to someone else or renovate or something, and it's much easier to scare a tenant into leaving willingly than it is to force someone out legally.

Or, maybe the doorknob just came loose too.

What is this, an episode of Scooby Doo?

"What's that Scoob? It was Old Man Johnson, the landlord, in a ghost costume trying to scare off his tenants!?"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just put in my notice that I'm not renewing my lease yesterday. Last night I exit my room to go to the restroom, look left and notice this.
YiZlUdWl.jpg

Did they take your door frame and chain lock as well?

Mengy

What is this, an episode of Scooby Doo?

"What's that Scoob? It was Old Man Johnson, the landlord, in a ghost costume trying to scare off his tenants!?"

Are you saying that my hypothesis is less plausible than....ghosts ripped off his doorknob?

Jayof9s

Are you saying that my hypothesis is less plausible than....ghosts ripped off his doorknob?

More plausible than ghosts, less plausible than any number of ways an old-as-hell looking doorknob could have fallen off. Including a strong gust of wind.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, best case scenario, this is a simple case of confirmation bias. Like, the other day my shower head started leaking cold water and when I brought it to the shop, the dude told me it was as if someone had ripped off some plastic piece that's supposed to be stuck to one side. Spooooky? No, but compounded with other "weird" events over a short period of time it turns into a pattern that might spook someone out. If you think about it, it doesn't sound any more or less weird than an old door knob that fell from a door.

Or, worst case scenario, someone is messing with you for some unknown reason OP. I would be worried about that.

ilium

I really want this.

I realized this thread grew to 1,000 responses and would like a summary as to why that is.

It's mostly people sharing ghost stories while waiting for an update by the OP.
Then an occasional and inevitable ghosts-are-totally-real-no-they-are-not debate.

That's pretty much it, not much worth to read unless you like ghost stories.

Majestad

Banned
To those who have experienced paranormal things, what do you think about the naysayers? I find it really disrespectful when someone accuses somebody of being crazy or "is all in your head" to justify weird shit that has happened to many people, many cases without logical explanation.

To those who have experienced paranormal thngs, what do you think about the naysayers? I find it really disrespectful when someone accuses somebody of being crazy or "is all in your head" to justify weird shit that has happened to many people, many cases without logical explanation.
I don't pay them any mind I posted two stories in this thread that my dad experienced in his life and his mind is perfectly fine.

Mengy

To those who have experienced paranormal thngs, what do you think about the naysayers? I find it really disrespectful when someone accuses somebody of being crazy or "is all in your head" to justify weird shit that has happened to many people, many cases without logical explanation.

Nah, I don't get upset when people don't believe me because I can't prove it or explain it for certain myself. I know what I saw and experienced over the course of several years, but I can't explain how those things happened. Not with any certainty anyway. "Ghosts did it" is my best explanation, but I acknowledge that in reality I have no serious idea how or why they happened. Ghosts are simply a cop out explanation, but I can offer no other theory that covers all of it.

Still, I'm kinda glad I got to experience what I did. I just wish I had proof or could explain it for certain.

ilium

To those who have experienced paranormal things, what do you think about the naysayers? I find it really disrespectful when someone accuses somebody of being crazy or "is all in your head" to justify weird shit that has happened to many people, many cases without immediate and obvious logical explanation.

FTFY

"This joke is forced" claims man with Banderas meme avatar...

m7Uxwdf.gif

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
When I was in school, I was at my locker after a ridiculously bad day, and joking with my friend who I just made amends with, I said "This day cannot possibly get any worse" and then immediately after, I go to open my locker and the handle pulls of leaving me without access.

Sometimes folks, shit happens, even if it seems out of a movie.

Newlove

It looks to me that someone was previously entering the place whilst you were away for shelter, and perhaps tried to get in again last night. Stay safe dude.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
OP, get laid. Demons and poltergeists only mess with virgins.

;) :p

Then OP will be hunted down by serial killers and slashers. He's already stepped into paranormal land. He can't win.

Next topic OP has, once he moves back to his parents, will be about him being alone and receiving weird phone calls and getting notes about they know what he did last summer. And then all his friends will die one by one.

Log4Girlz

Then OP will be hunted down by serial killers and slashers. He's already stepped into paranormal land. He can't win.

Next topic OP has, once he moves back to his parents, will be about him being alone and receiving weird phone calls and getting notes about they know what he did last summer. And then all his friends will die one by one.

I forgot about those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom