• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: No plans for Mass Effect Andromeda on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan 3414

I think this is more a "Mass Effect doesn't need Nintendo" situation.

It's both.

Andromeda would bomb on Switch. They did a poor job cultivating a fanbase on Nintendo consoles by releasing ME3 on Wii U while releasing the ME collection on PS3/360 during that same time frame. Who wants to play a 4th entry to a heavily narrative-driven game, if they primarily play on Nintendo consoles and half the narrative hasn't even appeared on those consoles?

It doesn't make sense for EA to release Andromeda on Switch, and it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to chase after Mass Effect.
Regardless of who has Nintendo avatars here, it still doesn't make sense.

Mooreberg

Very deeply insensitive of you, and all such posts can fuck the fuck off. How about you stop dictating to Nintendo fans on what they should and shouldn't expect? Also, Why should they "just buy another system" for non-exclusives? That isn't an option for a great deal of people, and not everybody has that privilege, and if it's a cross-platform title, as Mass Effect: Andromeda is, then (perhaps) the publisher should be looking to get it out on every platform possible. Furthermore, "buying another system" means having some hundreds of $ less to spend on games... On THEIR games, and it would be "third parties" losing out in the console space, because exclusives are the primary reason for their existence in the first place. You know what else!? It's telling that you, and others who thread-turd with such posts aren't equally robust in the numerous stealth "Nintendo Becoming A Third Party" fanfics-for-threads - "If you want to play Nintendo games, buy their platforms, because exclusives are the reason to buy any console, ever... FFS". Well, that's too reasonable a line of thought, as the Bayonetta 2 Reveal illustrated so exquisitely, so, of course, that wouldn't happen. **Takes Pitcher; Sips Cocktail...**
Since when are multi-billion dollar industries sensitive? It has been known for well over a decade which platforms people should purchase if their primary interest is third party games. And looking at sales data each month, that is a very high proportion of the retail customer base.

And if not wanting spend hundreds of dollars to have access to more software is reasonable, how would Bayonetta 2 getting ignored on Wii U be outrageous?

It's both.

Andromeda would bomb on Switch. They did a poor job cultivating a fanbase on Nintendo consoles by releasing ME3 on Wii U while releasing the ME collection on PS3/360 during that same time frame. Who wants to play a 4th entry to a heavily narrative-driven game, if they primarily play on Nintendo consoles and half the narrative hasn't even appeared on those consoles?

It doesn't make sense for EA to release Andromeda on Switch, and it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to chase after Mass Effect.
Regardless of who has Nintendo avatars here, it still doesn't make sense.

I'm not so sure Andromeda would bomb on Switch if it was release concurrently with the other consoles. I think I'd like to play Mass Effect as a portable. And I would sacrifice graphics for portability in most cases.

ika

They should first port the ME Trilogy (at a good price) to the Switch before doing Andromeda, IMO.

Didn't get ME3 for Wii U for obvious reasons...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
For all the people saying, "No DUH" have to realize that this isn't a good thing for the Nintendo Switch no matter how you spin it.

Neoxon

For all the people saying, "No DUH" have to realize that this isn't a good thing for the Nintendo Switch no matter how you spin it.
It isn't a good thing, but most of us weren't expecting much in the name of western third party support for the Switch either way. In the case of Mass Effect, ME3 on the Wii U bombing likely put off EA from even considering a Switch version of Andromeda. Though this does raise the question of if EA even bothered getting Frostbite to run on the Switch, which could pose a problem for brining FIFA to the system (& possibly future sports games if they also move to Frostbite).

Falchion

Not really surprising there, hopefully the Switch gains enough traction that in year or two the big games will be ported immediately.

danm999

I suspect few major publishers will be giving the Switch the benefit of the doubt after the Wii U. Even that list of publishers trotted out for the Switch reveal should have promoted the obvious corollary; what will support actually look like?

Whoa the meltdowns are real...

Nintendo is not going to get the lion share of 3rd party games people, it's not just about hardware, but relationships, and from what we've gathered from rumors the taxing PS4/X1 titles likely won't show up on Switch. You get a Switch for Nintendos fantastic exclusive titles and experiences.

My goodness...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Whoa the meltdowns are real...

Nintendo is not going to get the lion share of 3rd party games people, it's not just about hardware, but relationships, and from what we've gathered from rumors the taxing PS4/X1 titles likely won't show up on Switch. You get a Switch for Nintendos fantastic exclusive titles and experiences.

My goodness...

But many people want a this device to be more than a Nintendo exclusive console/handheld.

I don't understand why Bioware seems so miffed by how poorly ME3 Wii U went. You ported a year old game to a console without releases for the prior entries on top of doing so within literally weeks of a release of the entire trilogy on the other two consoles for the same price. Anyone with half a neuron could've seen how bad an idea that was. The very definition of half-assed.

JMY86

But many people want a this device to be more than a Nintendo exclusive console/handheld.

I'm sure many people want that but it is not going to happen. If people were seriously thinking this game was coming to The Switch they were just setting themselves for disappointment...

D4qQXLc.gif

Da fuq? He could have shot her like 7 times before she hand swapped the gun with him.

I don't understand why Bioware seems so miffed by how poorly ME3 Wii U went. You ported a year old game to a console without releases for the prior entries on top of doing so within literally weeks of a release of the entire trilogy on the other two consoles for the same price. Anyone with half a neuron could've seen how bad an idea that was. The very definition of half-assed.
This is how I see it. But hopefully they'll hold to their word and bring it to Switch if it does well and people clamor.

nOoblet16

Da fuq? He could have shot her like 7 times before she hand swapped the gun with him.
If you look at thar animation in the video you'll notice that the animation plays much faster than it does in the gif and also that she immediately turns the barrel of the gun away from herself as soon as she makes contact..which is perfectly fine. The jank comes from what happens after i.e. once she grabs the gun she turns it towards the turian...that particular animation looks very jerky due to the transition and her stiff body...and not to mention the derp face.

zma1013

Don't worry, the final chapter in the Andromeda saga will release on Switch in 6 years at full price when the full trilogy is selling on the other consoles for less.

Count your blessings Nintendo fans. I'd trade Mass Effect on PS4/PC for whatever Scifi RPG comes out on Switch from Monolith.

If you look at thar animation in the video you'll notice that the animation plays much faster than it does in the gif and also that she immediately turns the barrel of the gun away from herself as soon as she makes contact..which is perfectly fine. The jank comes from what happens after i.e. once she grabs the gun she turns it towards the turian...that particular animation looks very jerky due to the transition and her stiff body...and not to mention the derp face.

It really doesn't.

https://youtu.be/NOIzH6UcoW4?t=102

If I owned a Wii U an played mass effect on it id be upset/disappointed to hear this news. Anyone trying to downplay that is living in the gaf bubble. To a regular gamer it's as simple as played mass effect on my Nintendo console and I'd like to do it again. It's not a no duh or a of course not situation.

The fact that his name is "angel whispers" cracks me up. Apparently when angels whisper, it sounds a lot like the most wounded, defensive fan rant I've heard in ages. This is glorious.

Really!? It's my writing and poetry name. I also use it for other spaces to talk about music, video games and disability, among other things. It's named after a magic spell from a video game, combined with a belief in the power, comfort and healing of words. It's very upsetting to learn that you're here to use my username as a point for a personality attack. But Yeah, your grand presumptions about me and my life are cute. Thank you for teaching me that bullying is tolerated in this place.

I don't want to push salt in a wound, but their advice isn't bad. There are practicalities of the Switch design that make this reasonable. And with the advantage of hindsight, the same advice would have served players pretty well for the last two generations on Nintendo consoles. There is a point where if you want, frankly, more of the popular/influential third-party games of a generation, a Nintendo console isn't the place to do that.

They're not "dictating to Nintendo fans," they're pointing out reality. That being said, I see some people sort of relishing in some of those realities in a hostile way, so I see some of where you're coming from.

Edit: Looking again at the tail end of what you wrote, Mass Effect Andromeda seems like it's a Scorpio title as well, because it's an XB1 title. That's why there isn't an "equivalent" thread.

Calm down. Father_Brain is stating the obvious, itll be rare the switch will get all AAA titles like the ps4, xbone.. the switch will mostly be , like all other Nintendo consoles, a 1st party box.. they might get some but the library will mainly consist of their games(im not considering indies).. so why not invest in the switch for Nintendo's first party and get the third party games on the other consoles.

Scorpio is an Xbox One. People will be able to take their Xbox One copy and play it on Scorpio. Use paragraphs.

Since when are multi-billion dollar industries sensitive? It has been known for well over a decade which platforms people should purchase if their primary interest is third party games. And looking at sales data each month, that is a very high proportion of the retail customer base.

And if not wanting spend hundreds of dollars to have access to more software is reasonable, how would Bayonetta 2 getting ignored on Wii U be outrageous?

Mooreberg, perhaps you should read more, and read more carefully. I said nothing of multi-billion dollar industries, only people on here. telling others to shut up and deal, with regard to non-exclusive titles. Non-exclusive titles, specifically.

It appears that my post touched a nerve, and it's quite telling that some of you quoting me didn't even read it properly. Please, don't tell me to "calm down", when Father Brain was the one telling people to shut up and deal, with his "FFS". For Me, There is no "wound", and how anybody can take that from what I wrote, I don't know. Some people wish to play this game on their platform of choice. That is true whether you're a prospective buyer of Switch or Project Scorpio - On the point about why there's no "equivalent" thread, the tweets in question stated PS4 and "Neo", as if they weren't one of the same thing, and to that end, perhaps the same can be said of XBox One and Project Scorpio.

The insensitivity is not from anybody associated with EA, and once more, how anybody takes that from what I wrote, I don't know... Read carefully, and please don't put words in my mouth. Their tweets suggested that they're open to a release further down the line. The insensitivity is rather from people on here telling people to "shut up and buy" other platforms for non-exclusives. Some people don't have the means or the time to do that, non-exclusives aren't the reason to buy any console, and those fans have every right to express their disappointment without being told how to feel, and so long as they're not threatening people for decisions that weren't their call. They won't be able to play it on Day One, and while that's sad, it isn't by any means the end of the world. If there is anything to take, it's that their publisher is pledging support, and responses seem a lot better than what happened with the Wii U. There is an event in a few days, and "third parties" have been tight-lipped about it. Is a "wait and see" stance so unreasonable?

Whose reality? Just because something happened before, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen perpetually, and given the factors I've mentioned, Bethesda on board, and a growing list of partnerships, why SHOULDN'T Nintendo fans have some faith that it's going to be better? The reality is that all the first party output will go towards one library. The reality is that the Switch is very much a reboot for the platform hosts. The reality is that you have comments from publishers stating that they've increased their endeavours. The reality is that it has a change of direction - It therefore seems rather foolish to peddle this narrative of "same old, nothing ever changes", when the reality points to something very different. I don't understand why so many on here and other sites are in the business of dragging people and kicking them down, when all that's needed here is "Well, that's unfortunate that there are currently no plans for this non-exclusive, but they've said that the door is open, so, let's hope that it's possible further down the line...", and why is the thought of those games existing in some capacity on Nintendo platforms so bad? When the shoe is on the other foot, or a game is exclusive, then there's a moving of goalposts. They start talking about "held back by hardware", when it's not because of specs, and yet some have the nerve to say that I'm the one having a meltdown? A meltdown would be bashing and trashing all but Nintendo, but I'm not here for any of that. I don't care for spec wars or console warrior BS. To sympathise with Nintendo fans somehow means I'm a "fanboy", or worthy of harassment and parody? What is that, please, and where were your words for the people encouraging that!? Where were your words for that type of bullying? Where were the moderators to protect members from such treatment?

Those fans are also allowed to feel that the overall picture is healthier with regard to "third parties" - We have reports that lots of UE4 titles are coming. A game which started out on PS4 (Rime) is coming to Switch, too, while there were reports of Dark Souls 3 running on it, with a view to porting the trilogy (an important point because it's a 2016 title). Still, it has been said that if games don't come, it won't be because of specs, So, put all those points together, and I don't think it's unreasonable for Nintendo fans to be hopeful (even if just a little) that more games will come to their preferred choice.

But every such thread often descends into "Buy another system and shut up!!", or ends up full of people dragging hardware, when the tweets and articles in question don't even mention it, full of forced narratives and presumptions about the Switch's abilities, and people trying to suck any sense of anticipation out of those excited to learn more, as if the thought of other games existing on Nintendo platforms is an affront to gaming. It's vile, and there are a lot of forum lurkers who feel discouraged from posting on these type of sites because of it. It's why I didn't post on here for three years, and I'm starting to wish I stayed away. THAT is what's wrong, and for me to point it out is not even close, let alone equal to a "meltdown". I'm tired, so, I'll leave it here.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I underestimated how many people would be upset by common knowledge.

Especially devs committing before the system even comes out, why would you think such a thing?

plank

I can't believe people still have fanboy wars.

Okay, Nintendo Switch won't have Mass Effect: Andromeda. Disappointing, but expected.

If you want to play it, you probably already have the means to do so.

Nintendo Switch will have a new 3D Mario game and for that reason, it will be purchased.

Move on with your lives.

Buy the systems that have the games you want to play.

/end

The same was said about Bayonetta 2 but the wining never end. Your attempt at reasoning is frivolous at best.

Neoxon

If I owned a Wii U an played mass effect on it id be upset/disappointed to hear this news. Anyone trying to downplay that is living in the gaf bubble. To a regular gamer it's as simple as played mass effect on my Nintendo console and I'd like to do it again. It's not a no duh or a of course not situation.
The problem is that there's too few of the people you speak of since ME3 sold like shit on the Wii U.

The problem is that there's too few of the people you speak of since ME3 sold like shit on the Wii U.
In sure that's thousands of ppl atleast. Maybe more than the active amount of users on gaf. Just because they are in the minority doesn't make it a no duh or obvious situation. Everyone doesn't Check to see how much a games sells. They just know they enjoyed it on their Nintendo system .

Mikey Jr.

I don't want to be an asshole, but honestly, is anyone really surprised? "I only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games" is something I hear a lot.

Not surprised pubs/devs are scared to put time and resources into the switch. The userbase has to prove that they want third party games. Ubisoft tried with Assassins creed on the wiiu, and I think it sold like 1% of all copies or some shit. It was horrendous.

EA will test the waters as usual. I think you'll get Mass Effect remastered trilogy. That'll be the testing ground.

Very deeply insensitive of you, and all such posts can fuck the fuck off. How about you stop dictating to Nintendo fans on what they should and shouldn't expect? Also, Why should they "just buy another system" for non-exclusives? That isn't an option for a great deal of people, and not everybody has that privilege, and if it's a cross-platform title, as Mass Effect: Andromeda is, then (perhaps) the publisher should be looking to get it out on every platform possible. Furthermore, "buying another system" means having some hundreds of $ less to spend on games... On THEIR games, and it would be "third parties" losing out in the console space, because exclusives are the primary reason for their existence in the first place. You know what else!? It's telling that you, and others who thread-turd with such posts aren't equally robust in the numerous stealth "Nintendo Becoming A Third Party" fanfics-for-threads - "If you want to play Nintendo games, buy their platforms, because exclusives are the reason to buy any console, ever... FFS". Well, that's too reasonable a line of thought, as the Bayonetta 2 Reveal illustrated so exquisitely, so, of course, that wouldn't happen. **Takes Pitcher; Sips Cocktail...**

As for the comments on hardware - Nope. Stop this. Switch is already host to LOZ: Breath Of The Wild. A Wii U game whose universe is bigger than that of The Witcher 3. It's bigger than several open-world titles combined. Many times the size of Skyrim, and by default, the Remastered Edition. Also, scalability is a thing, while it has a very modern feature set, and given that a lot of UE4-based titles are on the way, the suggestion that Switch could run this one, too, is a more-than-reasonable deduction. That is to say that if it doesn't get a game which is on X4 consoles, it will have nothing to do with the specs, and everything to do with the publisher's call. Still, there is an event in a few days, and pretty much every partner had copy-and-paste responses with regard to Switch plans. There are reports that EA have "a big title" planned, so, what could it be, if it isn't this? If it isn't this one, it could be something else. They might port a complete edition later, an alternative solution which could work for all parties.

For once, NeoGAF... For once, "Gamers", it would be nice, if you didn't fall hook, line and sinker for obvious clickbait. It's been pointed out that this title isn't coming to Project Scorpio, too - Like the Switch, it's hardware that isn't out yet, and it's unfortunate that owners of both those systems won't be able to play it on their console of choice. Why, then, is it only a headline for the Switch, when a)This has been known for quite a while, b)No Project Scorpio release was a glaring point to take from the tweets in question (Will the same people tell prospective Project Scorpio buyers to "buy another system", too? One wonders...), and c)Project Scorpio's non-mention shows that it isn't to do with hardware specs!? Once more, Stop this.

Take a step back, calm down, and rethink your priorities. You should not be getting this worked up over a video game company.

Balb

What's their third party strategy, exactly? If their platform doesn't have all the major multiplatform games, how is the Switch going to attract more than the Wii U audience? Pokemon, I guess.

Neoxon

In sure that's thousands of ppl atleast. Maybe more than the active amount of users on gaf. Just because they are in the minority doesn't make it a no duh or obvious situation. Everyone doesn't Check to see how much a games sells. They just know they enjoyed it on their Nintendo system .
That's not enough to justify EA making a Switch version right now, at least not until the Switch proves to have a viable userbase where a good enough chunk of them give a shit about playing games like Mass Effect on the Switch.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Mooreberg, perhaps you should read more, and read more carefully. I said nothing of multi-billion dollar industries, only people on here. telling others to shut up and deal, with regard to non-exclusive titles. Non-exclusive titles, specifically.

It appears that my post touched a nerve, and it's quite telling that some of you quoting me didn't even read it properly. Please, don't tell me to "calm down", when Father Brain was the one telling people to shut up and deal, with his "FFS". For Me, There is no "wound", and how anybody can take that from what I wrote, I don't know. Some people wish to play this game on their platform of choice. That is true whether you're a prospective buyer of Switch or Project Scorpio - On the point about why there's no "equivalent" thread, the tweets in question stated PS4 and "Neo", as if they weren't one of the same thing, and to that end, perhaps the same can be said of XBox One and Project Scorpio.

The insensitivity is not from anybody associated with EA, and once more, how anybody takes that from what I wrote, I don't know... Read carefully, and please don't put words in my mouth. Their tweets suggested that they're open to a release further down the line. The insensitivity is rather from people on here telling people to "shut up and buy" other platforms for non-exclusives. Some people don't have the means or the time to do that, non-exclusives aren't the reason to buy any console, and those fans have every right to express their disappointment without being told how to feel, and so long as they're not threatening people for decisions that weren't their call. They won't be able to play it on Day One, and while that's sad, it isn't by any means the end of the world. If there is anything to take, it's that their publisher is pledging support, and responses seem a lot better than what happened with the Wii U. There is an event in a few days, and "third parties" have been tight-lipped about it. Is a "wait and see" stance so unreasonable?

Whose reality? Just because something happened before, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen perpetually, and given the factors I've mentioned, Bethesda on board, and a growing list of partnerships, why SHOULDN'T Nintendo fans have some faith that it's going to be better? The reality is that all the first party output will go towards one library. The reality is that the Switch is very much a reboot for the platform hosts. The reality is that you have comments from publishers stating that they've increased their endeavours. The reality is that it has a change of direction - It therefore seems rather foolish to peddle this narrative of "same old, nothing ever changes", when the reality points to something very different. I don't understand why so many on here and other sites are in the business of dragging people and kicking them down, when all that's needed here is "Well, that's unfortunate that there are currently no plans for this non-exclusive, but they've said that the door is open, so, let's hope that it's possible further down the line...", and why is the thought of those games existing in some capacity on Nintendo platforms so bad? When the shoe is on the other foot, or a game is exclusive, then there's a moving of goalposts. They start talking about "held back by hardware", when it's not because of specs, and yet some have the nerve to say that I'm the one having a meltdown? A meltdown would be bashing and trashing all but Nintendo, but I'm not here for any of that. I don't care for spec wars or console warrior BS. To sympathise with Nintendo fans somehow means I'm a "fanboy", or worthy of harassment and parody? What is that, please, and where were your words for the people encouraging that!? Where were your words for that type of bullying? Where were the moderators to protect members from such treatment?

Those fans are also allowed to feel that the overall picture is healthier with regard to "third parties" - We have reports that lots of UE4 titles are coming. A game which started out on PS4 (Rime) is coming to Switch, too, while there were reports of Dark Souls 3 running on it, with a view to porting the trilogy (an important point because it's a 2016 title). Still, it has been said that if games don't come, it won't be because of specs, So, put all those points together, and I don't think it's unreasonable for Nintendo fans to be hopeful (even if just a little) that more games will come to their preferred choice.

But every such thread often descends into "Buy another system and shut up!!", or ends up full of people dragging hardware, when the tweets and articles in question don't even mention it, full of forced narratives and presumptions about the Switch's abilities, and people trying to suck any sense of anticipation out of those excited to learn more, as if the thought of other games existing on Nintendo platforms is an affront to gaming. It's vile, and there are a lot of forum lurkers who feel discouraged from posting on these type of sites because of it. It's why I didn't post on here for three years, and I'm starting to wish I stayed away. THAT is what's wrong, and for me to point it out is not even close, let alone equal to a "meltdown". I'm tired, so, I'll leave it here.

A new platform is not a reboot of business relationships, nor are 3rd parties likely to ignore the reality presented to them over the past 10+ years.

It would really benefit you to stop being so sensitive, the advice was good advice, expecting 3rd party parity, with respect to releases on Nintendo hardware isn't being realistic.

The platform is significantly weaker than the competition, with individual challenges not faced by the competition, from a platform provider that has proven unable, or unwilling to improve the 3rd party situation over a very long period of time, these are all old concerns that date back to long long before even the Wii, go look at the Gameube and how that platform was received by 3rd parties and the concerns owners had over Nintendos relationships with 3rd paries.

It's an old old song, so expecting the next chorus to be similar to the last one is pretty reasonable.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'm sure many people want that but it is not going to happen. If people were seriously thinking this game was coming to The Switch they were just setting themselves for disappointment...

I don't see why people should stop trying if its not going to happen. Look at the Playstation owners from begging Monster Hunter on Vita and PS4 for the past few years.

lol, I ain't bothering to read that shit. it'll maybe have slightly better AAA support than Wii U did in its first year, get over it

KageMaru

As it's been said, this isn't surprising at all. I wonder if DICE is even porting the engine over to the switch.

That's not enough to justify EA making a Switch version right now, at least not until the Switch proves to have a viable userbase where a good enough chunk of them give a shit about playing games like Mass Effect on the Switch,

That's part of the problem, Nintendo does nothing to foster an audience to buy many kinds of 3rd party titles. I agree that even with a more powerful machine, 3rd party support isn't guaranteed but I don't blame publishers as much as I blame Nintendo for their shitty or dismissive behavior towards 3rd party publishers in the past.

Mooreberg

I know who you were reffering to with that response. I said "multi-billion dollar companies" because they make the decisions, and their patterns of behavior are what people base reactions like "lol get real" or "shut up" on. It isn't a polite way to get a point across, but it isn't an uninformed statement.

If somebody got coarse responses in 2013 asking why CS GO on consoles wasn't getting new content, it would have been entirely within reason to respond with "were you in a coma after TF2 came out on consoles?" Not a polite response, but not a random one either. Everything people are basing their reponses on in regards to third party support on Nintendo consoles, or they way EA conducts itself is based on precedent. A company that releases Dungeon Keeper mobile and has people on Xbox Live getting hacked over FIFA Ultimate Team nonsense doesn't care about the economic implications of some platform owners not getting a particular game. Caring is not in their DNA. People on here are responding based on that reality.

Take a step back, calm down, and rethink your priorities. You should not be getting this worked up over a video game company.

Still not sure which part of "tell those who saw fit to tell others to shut up and deal, "FFS" to "calm down"" you don't understand. I'm not "worked up" over a video game company. It isn't right that people on here try to silence those people who were disappointed. It isn't right for the article to single out one platform, when it wasn't alone - This, on a cross-platform site. It smacks of framing hardware as "weak", and console warrior BS to troll fans. I'm neither wrong nor sorry for pointing out the fact. But Yeah, I'm the one who needs to "take a step back".

A new platform is not a reboot of business relationships, nor are 3rd parties likely to ignore the reality presented to them over the past 10+ years.

It would really benefit you to stop being so sensitive, the advice was good advice, expecting 3rd party parity, with respect to releases on Nintendo hardware isn't being realistic.

The platform is significantly weaker than the competition, with individual challenges not faced by the competition, from a platform provider that has proven unable, or unwilling to improve the 3rd party situation over a very long period of time, these are all old concerns that date back to long long before even the Wii, go look at the Gameube and how that platform was received by 3rd parties and the concerns owners had over Nintendos relationships with 3rd paries.

It's an old old song, so expecting the next chorus to be similar to the last one is pretty reasonable.

Except I said nothing about parity. If you read that somewhere from me, then point it out, so that I can amend it. Please, don't put words in my mouth. I found that advice to be rubbish, too, and spare me the history lesson. At worst, "Fuck the fuck off" can be taken as a bad tone, but that was already set with being told to shut up and deal... "FFS". When you see that Western publishers featured heavily in the system reveal, more publishers on board, some returning, others appearing for the first time, and comments from another that their "third party" endeavours have improved, there's no harm in having a little faith that the overall picture will be better. For those who don't have that faith, that is fine and well, but what do you hope to achieve by trying to suck it out of those who might? What do you gain from shouting down valid receipts? Once more, how does pointing this out make me the "over-sensitive" one? Some are acting as if those fans will get nothing at all. Some are just here to antagonise, and "for the lolz". If they can overcome past setbacks with Bethesda, T2, and more, then who are those silencers to tell anybody that things are still the same, when it isn't beyond the realm of reason to conclude that perhaps, a corner has been turned? The silencers are absolute, and that's seemingly fine on here, but I've had bullies on here telling me that I'm "oversensitive", that I'm in the wrong, and worthy of parody for using conditional tense, words such as "perhaps", entertaining the possibility AND backing up my reasoning with receipts. Unreal... I don't deserve this.

I just don't appreciate people telling others to shut up and buy another platform for non-exclusives. They might not have the means. They might have other priorities. The comment added nothing of merit to the discussion, and it's a common response, as if to say that those who wish to play non-exclusives on their preferred platform have no place to feel disappointed, or express such sentiments. That you, or anybody here is even trying to tell me that I'm wrong on this is incredible, tbqh.

No, it isn't "significantly weaker". I know that some people so desperately want it to be, but there are sufficient receipts out there to pour fire and holy water on those claims. We don't actually know what the internals are, however, there are reasonable deductions that one can make about its capacity to run various games listed for X4 consoles, not from rumour mills, but from what has come from the horses' mouths. BTW, I wasn't one of the people who said it was going to be uber-powerful, and have said as much for the last six months outside of here. What I did say was that "if a game listed for X4 consoles missed out, it wouldn't be because of Switch's specs, but because of the publisher's call..." - No mention of parity there. It was rather a suggestion that it could run such games competently. It was a repeat of what came from the horses' mouths, and I backed that up with reports about other titles in line for a Switch release, and what some of those titles accomplish. If I'm being "sensitive" at this point, I'm not sorry - I've earned the right to be. I've had my personality attacked while being told I'm in the wrong in the process, all for seeing events differently to popular narrative... and this is seemingly acceptable, because I've had zero protection from bullies. If you don't understand that this would be upsetting for many, then I'm speechless. I'm done. Shame on this site.

Why even bother saying something so obvious in the first place if the only outcome is message board banter such as this along with shining a slightly negative light on a console you are ultimately trying to sell games on?

People actually expect this game to be any good after Dragon Age.

Critics are gonna praise Andromeda like DA:I even though it'll probably have the same issues as the latter.

I'll probably buy the game, but fuck everything about it seems uninteresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom