• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: No plans for Mass Effect Andromeda on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get a life when yall Nintendo haters and naysayers get a life. Until then stay tuned for the Switch slaughter house. It is going to be bloodbath like NPD December 2009. The tears of all the Nintendo haters and doubters on Neogaf will give McDonald several generations of salt.

Between this guy and Angel Whispers I think we have already seen some "Best of Neogaf 2017" in this topic.

Malakai

Hundreds

If people are gleeful it's because Nintendo have fucked gamers (And developers/publishers too) over for years and and it's nice to see them get their cummupence. This is why, although I was pissed off Wii U was so shit, I was happy Nintendo really, really suffered during that time. That said, they still aren't doing what I want so I don't know if they'll ever learn.

And I will know that you will be there for each and every thread, Azak. You live for it.

Yagharek

Hundreds

If people are gleeful it's because Nintendo have fucked gamers (And developers/publishers too) over for years and and it's nice to see them get their cummupence. This is why, although I was pissed off Wii U was so shit, I was happy Nintendo really, really suffered during that time. That said, they still aren't doing what I want so I don't know if they'll ever learn.

Is it really necessary though? If you don't like something I am sure you have plenty of other options to play something.

Being happy they "really really suffered" strikes me as a curious waste of energy.

cZEqH3k.jpg
Plot twist: you can actually play it outside

Not a big surprise, but I did have a tiny bit of hope it might come to the Switch.

I'm playing through Dragon Age Inquisition and feel like it looks and plays pretty decently on my aging PC when I drop some of the graphical settings down a bit.

I know ME:A will probably be more intensive than DA:I, but it would have been cool to see it on a portable system, even if it is downgraded graphically. And who knows, if the Switch actually sells well maybe EA will get some "plans" for it.

Banned
I will get a life when yall Nintendo haters and naysayers get a life. Until then stay tuned for the Switch slaughter house. It is going to be bloodbath like NPD December 2009. The tears of all the Nintendo haters and doubters on Neogaf will give McDonald several generations of salt.
If this is a joke, it's weak and not funny.

If it's real, wew lad.

Malakai

Between this guy and Angel Whispers I think we have already seen some "Best of Neogaf 2017" in this topic.

You haven't seen nothing yet. All the negative directed at Nintendo, I will flip that crap and sling it right back at ya. Try me.

With all the crap Nintendo gets you would think that they send out crappy incomplete broken games laden loads of day one DLC; you would think that have send out systems that literally cooked themselves to death; you think that they would have said they should have even charged more for games; you think that they would have crappy DRM system that hinder the actually playing of games; you would think they disrupt the lives of developers by firing and rehiring like so many Western publishers do; you would think that they have large day one patches that take days to download. For all the vices that this industry have you would think that Nintendo pissed in the cereal of some these posters on Neogaf and charged them for it for the reaction that Nintendo receives.

Malakai

If this is a joke, it's weak and not funny.

If it's real, wew lad.

How about this, I am just as real as your NX sources.

You have absolutely no room to talk. Mr. I get my NX sources from random twitter accounts.

You haven't seen nothing yet. All the negative directed at Nintendo, I will flip that crap and sling it right back at ya. Try me.

With all the crap Nintendo gets you would think that they send out crappy incomplete broken games laden loads of day one DLC; you would think that have send out systems that literally cooked themselves to death; you think that they would have said they should have even charged more for games; you think that they would have crappy DRM system that hinder the actually playing of games; you would think they disrupt the lives of developers by firing and rehiring like so many Western publishers do; you would think that they have large day one patches that take days to download. For all the vices that this industry have you would think that Nintendo pissed in the cereal of some these posters on Neogaf and charged them for it for the reaction that Nintendo receives.

This reads like someone trying to be funny, but failing miserably.

Banned
How about this, I am just as real as your NX sources.

You have absolutely no room to talk. Mr. I get my NX sources from random twitter accounts.
I see you've been misinformed and have jumped to conclusions about me. Very well. Carry on good soldier. May you win your console war.

That may be true but it is still tiring to see threads filled with shitposting that has a gleeful/gloating edge to it.
petty attitudes never stop, you can just ignore them anyway
if it is truly tiring you may too be emotionally invested, it's just a console

That said, they still aren't doing what I want so I don't know if they'll ever learn.
people can't possibly think like this, because they still aren't doin what YOU want that shows they aren't learning? Really? Specifically you and no one else? What lol

Yagharek

petty attitudes never stop, you can just ignore them anyway
if it is truly tiring you may too be emotionally invested, it's just a console

I know they never stop. But filtering through a thread to read or follow the discussion that interests me becomes difficult when dozens of people are rushing to post rubbish.

I'm not emotionally invested; I just would rather read thoughtful comments from any perspective instead of driveby fanboy meme posts.

Well, Every word I wrote was a fair point - . Some just want to force-meme, and make out that I'm wrong to hold opinions which go against the tide of popular narrative, but anybody who read my posts carefully would see that I addressed comments telling others to "shut up and deal... FFS", then comments stating that it's "hardware issues", when it clearly isn't, then questioned why Project Scorpio wasn't mentioned in the article (We know why. Because of clickbait, and it was framed to antagonise and troll Nintendo fans hopeful about the Switch. The tweets in question mentioned PS4 and "Neo" separately, so, it would be fair to believe that he would've mentioned XBox One and Project Scorpio separately, too).

If you had read other posts following that, you would see that I had my personality attacked, and I had a lot of meme BS quoted my way with intent to bully and silence. Pointing this out makes me "oversensititive". I stated specifically that I don't care for console warrior BS. I wrote that there's no need for people to try and suck out any anticipation others might have, or to take away other people's perfectly reasonable belief that events MIGHT be different (once more, note the use of conditional tense, not absolutes).

My opinion was reached on reasonable deductions from horse's mouths, instead of rumour mills. My issue in this thread was not with EA, My issue was not with "third parties". Nowhere did I try to suggest that Nintendo are perfect, and can do no wrong. Yet I have been bullied, had people try to frame me as a fanboy, been accused of lashing out when I did nothing of the sort, had my personality attacked, and even when I state that I hadn't posted here for three years, provide a background into my username which was used as a point to attack me with, mentioned that I write about disability, among other things, people continue. Not one person thought "It's sad that you felt you couldn't post here for three years...". But they continued. I wrote that these things happened to me, and having gone over my points again, I was now feeling upset, and still, it continues. At this point, I've earned my right to be upset, not with the news that there are no plans to release this game on the Switch at the moment, but with people on here trying to put everything in the worst possible light for hopeful fans (they are the console warriors, not me), and bullying people into silence for daring to disagree. Not one person stopped to say "Well, let's hope that the overall picture will be better", and it's clear that those who quoted my first post didn't read it properly, let alone my other posts. Hell, the guy who told others to shut up and deal couldn't be bothered, because that bully's work had been done. Thank You, too, for your complicity. It's nice to know that, for you, seeing people being bullied for holding a different, harmless, and reasonable point of view, is so pleasurable.

Well, Every word I wrote was a fair point - . Some just want to force-meme, and make out that I'm wrong to hold opinions which go against the tide of popular narrative, but anybody who read my posts carefully would see that I addressed comments telling others to "shut up and deal... FFS", then comments stating that it's "hardware issues", when it clearly isn't, then questioned why Project Scorpio wasn't mentioned in the article (We know why. Because of clickbait, and it was framed to antagonise and troll Nintendo fans hopeful about the Switch. The tweets in question mentioned PS4 and "Neo" separately, so, it would be fair to believe that he would've mentioned XBox One and Project Scorpio separately, too).

If you had read other posts following that, you would see that I had my personality attacked, and I had a lot of meme BS quoted my way with intent to bully and silence. Pointing this out makes me "oversensititive". I stated specifically that I don't care for console warrior BS. I wrote that there's no need for people to try and suck out any anticipation others might have, or to take away other people's perfectly reasonable belief that events MIGHT be different (once more, note the use of conditional tense, not absolutes).

My opinion was reached on reasonable deductions from horse's mouths, instead of rumour mills. My issue in this thread was not with EA, My issue was not with "third parties". Nowhere did I try to suggest that Nintendo are perfect, and can do no wrong. Yet I have been bullied, had people try to frame me as a fanboy, been accused of lashing out when I did nothing of the sort, had my personality attacked, and even when I state that I hadn't posted here for three years, provide a background into my username which was used as a point to attack me with, mentioned that I write about disability, among other things, people continue. Not one person thought "It's sad that you felt you couldn't post here for three years...". But they continued. I wrote that these things happened to me, and having gone over my points again, I was now feeling upset, and still, it continues. At this point, I've earned my right to be upset, not with the news that there are no plans to release this game on the Switch at the moment, but with people on here trying to put everything in the worst possible light for hopeful fans (they are the console warriors, not me), and bullying people into silence for daring to disagree. Not one person stopped to say "Well, let's hope that the overall picture will be better", and it's clear that those who quoted my first post didn't read it properly, let alone my other posts. Hell, the guy who told others to shut up and deal couldn't be bothered, because that bully's work had been done. Thank You, too, for your complicity. It's nice to know that, for you, seeing people being bullied for holding a different, harmless, and reasonable point of view, is so pleasurable.

I have read every single word you posted in this topic. Who are accusing of bullying you? I haven't seen any one single you out other than to say you are taking this a bit too seriously. No one is saying you can't be optimistic, but if this turns out to be true no one should be surprised.

Maybe don't claim to be acting completely reasonable while telling users to fuck off?

This too.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Very deeply insensitive of you, and all such posts can fuck the fuck off.

Maybe don't claim to be acting completely reasonable while telling users to fuck off?

XAL

Welp. The cycle of 3rd party abandonment begins.

Nintendo consoles are just Mario, Zelda, Smash boxes. Hopefully they pump out lots of great 1st party titles.

AzaK

people can't possibly think like this, because they still aren't doin what YOU want that shows they aren't learning? Really? Specifically you and no one else? What lol

Apart from Wii, Nintendo have consistently been going down and down, over 30 years and they still haven't worked out the game's industry. Meanwhile Sony comes in, does what they needed to and have become what some might say the best in the business. Sony did all the things Nintendo didn't and Sony realised that a large portion of gamers want certain things. Nintendo kept saying they were a console for those gamers but not actually doing what was needed. ergo, they didn't learn.

Nope,I said the post, and other such posts can "ftfo". I said that the person writing it was insensitive to those who might not have the means, and pointed out the double standards. The person was still welcome to disagree. Still, you missed the part where I addressed that...
Angel Whispers said:
At worst, "Fuck the fuck off" can be taken as a bad tone, but that was already set with being told to shut up and deal... "FFS".
So, even there, no, I was not first. - If you're a Nintendo fan, you are told this all the time with regard to non-exclusives. Whether they're able to or not. There's no need for it, and it's silencing to suggest that they should never aspire to, or feel that there's a chance for those games to But when there is a Nintendo exclusive, the same people aren't as robust in telling people to buy another console for exclusives... "FFS", and that's worse, because in the former case, all that fan hopes for is the chance to enjoy the same non-exclusive "third party" games on his chosen platform as those who chose a different one, a fair enough thing to be hopeful for, when one considers that outside of here, many people don't own multiple home systems, and even here, not everybody has the means. The goalposts shift to "It should be on more powerful hardware", you get posts about them "stealing games" and "keeping food out of the mouths of children". Games don't even have to be Nintendo exclusive. The thought of them existing on Nintendo platforms at all is an affront to so many on here. That shouldn't be, but it is. It shouldn't make the X4 or gaming PC owner enjoy it any less. The discussion becomes "held back by hardware". "There's no audience". "Nintendo fans hate third parties, and this is a badge of honour", when the overwhelming majority of people don't think that at all. There's always a jig with those people. There's always a narrative that is repeated to a point where many believe it to be true, and it doesn't speak for most people at all.

aadiboy

See, I don't get why people accept that Mass Effect isn't coming to the Switch, but everyone is so sure Yakuza and Persona 5 will.

Neoxon

See, I don't get why people accept that Mass Effect isn't coming to the Switch, but everyone is so sure Yakuza and Persona 5 will.
Western third parties typically don't give a flying fuck about Nintendo, whereas Japanese third parties usually have a better relationship with Nintendo. Sega (& Atlus) in particular is pretty buddy-buddy with the Big N.

Western third parties typically don't give a flying fuck about Nintendo, whereas Japanese third parties usually have a better relationship with Nintendo. Sega (& Atlus) in particular is pretty buddy-buddy with the Big N.

This means nothing when it comes to Yakuza and mainline Persona games though. They have never put those game on Nintendo platforms so why would they start now?

This means nothing when it comes to Yakuza and mainline Persona games though. They have never put those game on Nintendo platforms so why would they start now?

I don't think Yakuza will come to Switch, but Yakuza 1 and 2 were ported to Wii U.

I do think Persona 5 will come to Switch if the system is successful in Japan, as there is no Vita successor and portable Persona titles sell well for Atlus. But it's a couple years off if it happens.

Malakai

Angel Whispers, most of these posters aren't honestly trying to engage in any meaningful dialog. It is a cock measuring contest for a a lot of posters here. Nintendo could come out with a clone console of the Xbox Scorpio and most posters still wouldn't be happy. Whatever Nintendo does they will find a fault to be a major deal-breaker. Posters are deliberately hiding under crap ton of false pretenses (aka "audience") under the guise of "concern trolling". In short, they are terrified of a successful Nintendo.

Furthermore, in all honestly, I truly am convinced that that father brain poster is some type of inside industry troll with a massive axe to grind with Nintendo. I recall that father brain poster got dragged hard in a Media Crate Thread where he was dismissing the success of the 3DS in Japan.

Oregano

I don't think Yakuza will come to Switch, but Yakuza 1 and 2 were ported to Wii U.

I do think Persona 5 will come to Switch if the system is successful in Japan, as there is no Vita successor and portable Persona titles sell well for Atlus. But it's a couple years off if it happens.

Yeah I really haven't seen anyone claim Yakuza is guaranteed to come to Switch.
It's more likely to just slowly die off.

Neoxon

True, though some got their hopes up by virtue of Nintendo's typically-positive relationship with Japanese third parties & the death of the Vita (more so for P5 than Yakuza).

Really? How did they perform and why just those two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom