• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

lolryseiesg2.gif

Hilarious.

Tml Matus

Banned
The sad part is that this game could be a lot better if it was given time to iron out the gameplay. Its real obvious that Microsoft is pushing the developer to launch along side the xbox one.

pls explain "next gen"
Thats easy. Blatantly obvious gameplay/visuals that would be impossible to run decently or at all on current generation hardware.

Not something small, or hard to notice, or some low level technical detail. Something that the moment you apprehend it makes you go, wow, yeah, thats next gen.

therapist

Lol such a great thread , thanks for the gifs and pics , hilarious!

As for the game...it LOOKS decent.
Animations arent good.
You slice someone...and there is no mark on them.
You drive a sword through their throat , no hole , no blood.
At the beginning of the vid the guy talking about its Not E for everyone , theres barely any blood its fuckin laughable - even when there is , theres still no mark.
No dismemberment = total failure.
It also looks incredibly easy , like there is no challenge to fighting or skill involved whatsoever.

Chivalry 100x better confirmed.

Gaming Age, EGM, Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, and Play are neither 'plaform exclusive reviews' nor 'less reliable sites.'

I'm still not sure you understand what 'hyperbole' means, which is what this has all been about.

But then again you've used the word terrible in five out of five posts. So I think you've proven my point.
Some weird damage control. Trying to pass off HS as factually terrible by the "vast majority" and when presented with real facts (79% on metacritic), tries too pass off the biggest gaming sites as platform exlusive or less reliable.

Sorry, it's still not going make ryse look any less shit.

PetrCobra

When I saw the first teaser/trailer/whatever, I thought the game looked super boring. This certainly didn't make me feel otherwise.

Also, thread is hilarious.

Anything cool happen in here? I read pages 1, 15, and 16 and have come to this conclusion:

* Ryse looks like garb
* Dead Rising 3 looks like a ton of fun
* That Denzel/Kaz gif was masterfully done

Amir0x

Banned
Horp said:
Guys I found an early leak of the game actually.
Press A on your keyboard to awesome.

http://sebastianwiberg.se/ryse/

I like that this game requires legitimate strategy. For example: Did you know that if you utilize your mouse to click and beat up your enemy, it is inherently slower than simply using any button on the keyboard? So, for best results, you'll want to skip the keyboard method. I wish someone had shared this strategy with me before I put so many hours into this game.

Sturm

Banned
Delay this game! Ill say it again and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Nobody is buying an XB1 because of this game.

I planned to honestly, when I heard after E3 that is wasn''t a QTE game.

At gamecom and after (PAX).. I ran away as far as I could.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I planned to honestly, when I heard after E3 that is wasn''t a QTE game.

At gamecom and after (PAX).. I ran away as far as I could.
It's not a qte game. That A button bullshit is not indicative of how it plays and isn't even a qte.

shinnn

lol the twitch direct feed video thread only got 2 pages.

I guess no more Ryse theads until release. It will be just ignorant posts repeating the "AAA" meme for the first 5 pages.

Isn't the "A" button prompt context sensitive to the object he's standing next to? Hence why it has a gauge and text below it about setting something on fire. I mean, I get the joke, QTE lol or whatever but...

Nevermind.

Edit:

But damn, those reaction animations. Woof.

Edit:

Ahhhh, that explains it. Thanks. :)

Jack_AG

Banned
I guess no more Ryse theads until release. It will be just ignorant posts repeating the "AAA" meme for the first 5 pages.
And this magnificent display of gaming innovation should not be displayed... Why?

I would rather devs take notice that we're actually not lemmings that need to be held by the hand, thank you.

tfur

Looks terrible. Even the parts that are not glitchy look bad.

Feels like it could use 8 to 12 months of further development time. Wow.

Top Bottom