• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

TheKayle

Banned
Holy tears/persecution complex.

Calling GAF a hivemind should be a bannable offense because it's getting old. It's a collective of people, not a single entity.

If a majority of those people are apparently hating on MS or disliking certain things (i.e. Ryse) there's usually a pretty damn good reason. If you think GAF members just join in because it's "the thing to do" then you really need to re-evaluate your thinking menality.

We're all tired of these posts, really. :/

the reason is in most of the cases (re-read most of the cases) fanboyism ..yes

Calling GAF a hivemind should be a bannable offense
because it's getting old. It's a collective of people, not a single entity.

If a majority of those people are apparently hating on MS or disliking certain things (i.e. Ryse) there's usually a pretty damn good reason. If you think GAF members just join in because it's "the thing to do" then you really need to re-evaluate your thinking menality.

It actually is. People get banned for it all the time. (though I don't think cyber should be banned for that comment)

TheKayle

Banned
So now not only is GAF a hivemind it's mostly filled with Sony fanboys. A+ reporting Kayle I expected nothing less from you.

i just said that most of ppl that go to write in post like "forza 5 graphics downgraded" with meme and other stuff..yes are in most of the cases fanboys

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
i just said that most of ppl that go to write in post like "forza 5 graphics downgraded" with meme and other stuff..yes are in most of the cases fanboys

At least you admit it now:
...still with this huma vs not?..bf4 run on medium setting guys

is just pr talking

i know knack is next gen as 30 fps driveclub and 720 medium setting bf4

what about being honest with yourself?

What happened to the light that was seen? Is it currently cloudy?

But seriously though, this game's gameplay mechanics and its animation transition problems look extremely unpolished... calling it "not-nextgen" is quite appropriate. PEople can have higher expectations than just Ryse.

FINALBOSS

Banned

Welp, you just got blasted by benny_a. It's funny that you even mention fanboys going into other console threads to complain because I've got you marked as an Xbox fanboy to the extreme. The only reason you aren't more well known is because you disappear for a time and your english isn't all that hot.

Danggggg

And that rumor about the MP being done by someone else could be true. I mean, it's not like the MP's actual gameplay/mechanics/modes are bad. The loot idea with all the crazy progression sounds cool. It's just the actual game looks poor and that's on Crytek.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What happened to the light that was seen? Is it currently cloudy?

But seriously though, this game's gameplay mechanics and its animation transition problems look extremely unpolished... calling it "not-nextgen" is quite appropriate. PEople can have higher expectations than just Ryse.
As painful as it is for me to say, but if we judge animation transitions by the quality out of Naughty Dog, Rockstar and Ubisoft Montreal we're not going to get next-gen stuff until those studios release their new next-gen exclusive things.

As painful as it is for me to say, but if we judge animation transitions by the quality out of Naughty Dog, Rockstar and Ubisoft Montreal we're not going to get next-gen stuff until those studios release their new next-gen exclusive things.

The thing is... other games have also had great animations (heck crysis 1 and 3 have some spectacular animation at parts)... Ryse also has good individual animations... it is just the transitions between them are jarring as all hell.

TheKayle

Banned

yes answering writing in that type of threads that i was talking about...those thread should be closed by mod ...imo

the thread was like ps4 have huma and xb1 dont ..without admitting that xb1 have something very similar..but not branded by amd
...and after all this i was pointing at fact that games like bf4 huma or not (xb1) they will run games with mid setting and sub full hd resolution so there was nothing to be excited for....

Chobel

yes answering writing in that type of threads that i was talking about...those thread should be closed by mod ...imo

the thread was like ps4 have huma and xb1 dont ..without admitting that xb1 have something very similar..but not branded by amd
...and after all this i was pointing at fact that games like bf4 huma or not (xb1) they will run games with mid setting and sub full hd resolution so there was nothing to be excited for....

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

TheKayle

Banned

this is true

TheKayle

Banned
The thing is... other games have also had great animations (heck crysis 1 and 3 have some spectacular animation at parts)... Ryse also has good individual animations... it is just the transitions between them are jarring as all hell.

the game isnt out...you think that the stabbin bug will remain like that?

we all remember the first footage of driveclub?....and then the last one? ..how much difference in 1 month and half...

im ok with bad judging when a game is out and is ugly..but we could hope that this one could be one of the best launch ttitle on both console if they fix here and there...

but if we are here to put free s**** over ms and crytek ..thats another type of story

psn

So a multiplatform launch game is an indicator for the capabilities of a new console?

TheKayle

Banned
So a multiplatform launch game is an indicator for the capabilities of a new console?

i was pointing at fact that huma isnt that god ppl think mid lvl pc dosnt have huma and they dont give a **** about it still running games in higher res than any old and new consoles

psn

You say hUMA isnt all that good because BF4 runs only on medium?

You must be kidding, right? Because I expected way more...

So have you read and understand why they implemented stuff like hUMA? Sure, I don't need hUMA on my PC because it has much better hardware. But instead of using more expensive, better hardware they try to make the system more efficient, so you can get more out of the current hardware.

And still, this is a launch title and its multiplatform, it won't get much love in development... And its WIP tho..

i was pointing at fact that huma isnt that god ppl think mid lvl pc dosnt have huma and they dont give a **** about it still running games in higher res than any old and new consoles
You do not understand. People view hUMA positively because it's a way that, in time, the new consoles might in fact match the PCs that have more power on paper.

Dambrosi

Banned
Don't know if done yet, don't care.

ryyoqu54.gif

9756.jpg

EDIT: Ah, beaten. Well played Whooter.

TheKayle

Banned
You do not understand. People view hUMA positively because it's a way that, in time, the new consoles might in fact match the PCs that have more power on paper.

the only way for consoles to match pc power is if developer continue to dont use pc power..not coz huma could offset something

that this thread exist just to troll xb1 and xb1 games? no theres no one doubt...

forza being graphically downgraded
ryse is a *****
killer instinct lose the old charme
titanfall ...dosnt need hype coz is another cod...
etc etc

a thread for each one (or more than one like ryse)

meanwhile no one ..is upset or worried coz knack could run on ps3 (oh is a ps4 title from cerny so also if was ***** we just love it!)...driveclub dosnt seem a deep game and certanly isnt a graphical "wow" with its 30fps (and no to excuse this no dosnt have a incredible enviroments compared to forza)......the forest video of kz showed a very different game than the first e3 gameplay video ....etc etc...where are this threads? :D

so to @finalboss..."If a majority of those people are apparently hating on MS or disliking certain things (i.e. Ryse) there's usually a pretty damn good reason"

like i said the reason most of the times is fanboyism ...just accept it

KidBeta

the only way for consoles to match pc power is if developer continue to dont use pc power..not coz huma could offset something

that this thread exist just to troll xb1 and xb1 games? no theres no one doubt...

forza being graphically downgraded
ryse is a *****
killer instinct lose the old charme
titanfall ...dosnt need hype coz is another cod...
etc etc

a thread for each one (or more than one like ryse)

meanwhile no one ..is upset or worried coz knack could run on ps3 (oh is a ps4 title from cerny so also if was ***** we just love it!)...driveclub dosnt seem a deep game and certanly isnt a graphical "wow" with its 30fps (and no to excuse this no dosnt have a incredible enviroments compared to forza)......the forest video of kz showed a very different game than the first e3 gameplay video ....etc etc...where are this threads? :D

so to @finalboss..."If a majority of those people are apparently hating on MS or disliking certain things (i.e. Ryse) there's usually a pretty damn good reason"

like i said the reason most of the times is fanboyism ...just accept it

Every single one of your posts in this thread has purely being trashing other games on another console, I guess its hard to see the light through those green glasses your wearing still.

Also not to start a shit fight but a lot of the stuff in your post is wrong, just like with the hardware rumours you don't even realise when your wrong and continue spouting the same shit.

TheKayle

Banned
Every single one of your posts in this thread has purely being trashing other games on another console, I guess its hard to see the light through those green glasses your wearing still.

Also not to start a shit fight but a lot of the stuff in your post is wrong, just like with the hardware rumours you don't even realise when your wrong and continue spouting the same shit.

this entire thread is bstting the game and the only reason to exist is just to bstting it......if u realized ...go to see the new video and check if it feel next gen or not...oh cmon pls

Overdoziz

Banned

Calling GAF a hivemind should be a bannable offense because it's getting old. It's a collective of people, not a single entity.

Pretty sure it is bannable.

this entire thread is bstting the game and the only reason to exist is just to bstting it......if u realized ...go to see the new video and check if it feel next gen or not...oh cmon pls

Don't take it so serious..
Its a console launch off course there will be trolls trolling on both sides.
That is like half the fun sit it out on the side lines and grab some pop corn.

TheKayle

Banned
Don't take it so serious..
Its a console launch off course there will be trolls trolling on both sides.
That is like half the fun sit it out on the side lines and grab some pop corn.

i agree with you ...but sometime after 5 pages a person start to think...are they serious or what?

anyway :) i stop here :)

Hoje0308

Banned

I'm sorry, but someone with your writing ability has no right to act indignant. Have you considered using Google Translate? I'd much rather read something that sounds like it was written by Yoda, so long as correct spelling and punctuation make the occasional appearance.

Edit: Null beat me to it.

I'm amazed that illiterate is able to last this long without being banned. It's like cboat's fanboy alt account with worse punctuation.

No, special console-only techniques by definition would offset the power gap to PCs. You're right that PCs will continue to get more powerful too and always stay in the lead, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

DJIzana

Holy mother I need that NOW.

My friend is working on this game... too bad he never spills any beans about it. If I ever was to get an Xbox One then I'd get totally get Dead Rising 3. Unfortunately, I will never buy any Microsoft console so... yeah.

Also.. Ryse never looked that amazing to me at all. Seems quite boring and dull.

Top Bottom