• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm the proud owner of a new PS4

Ceadeus

I know second son is coming out next friday (and i'll be getting it), but what is the one game that i MUST play today? I don't have any yet. If it's downloadable that's all the better.[/QUOTE

Cod and bf4, ff14 in not long. Im buying an xbox one for dead rising 3 and titanfall(bundled)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I know second son is coming out next friday (and i'll be getting it), but what is the one game that i MUST play today? I don't have any yet. If it's downloadable that's all the better.

Welcome PSBrotha!
Buy Zen Pinball Star Wars/ Marvel Tables (Buy on ps3/psvita to get access on all systems)
Then, Add me man! PSN ID: TheTrinidad
Then, TRY TO BEAT MY SCORES SUCKA!

:D

TimFL

Resogun.

Do it now. If you're on PS+, it's free.

It's not free, it left IGC months ago.

I don't like any of the games released so far (AC4 is cool though), will definitely get inFAMOUS 2nd Son next week though. The first game I'm hyped for.

jadedm17

Nothing really... the PS4 has a lot of B rated titles out right now with nothing truly amazing. I recommend just trying things on PSN out and soaking in the next gen difference until infamous arrives.

That said, as a strictly console owner Battlefield 4 blew me away, though it does have its problems.
Killzone is drop dead gorgeous, but not much else if you ask me.
Outlast, Resogun, Dont Starve and Dead Nation have been played to great extent by me and my friends, and [last I knew] are free on PS+.

We're awaiting greatness, but we're prepared. Next week is the start. :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Resogun and Outlast.

BF4 is great too when it runs fine :p
I've put 70+ hours (hell, maybe close to 80 now) into BF4, and at this point I'd only recommend it to fans of the series. The fact that the game is still so buggy four months after launch is just absurd.

Outlast, Resogun, Dont Starve and Dead Nation have been played to great extent by me and my friends, and [last I knew] are free on PS+.
Only Dead Nation is free now. The games offered for free via PS+ are usually only free for a month.

Moofers

Wanna enjoy your new shiny graphics? Killzone looks pretty damn good, but if you haven't played Tomb Raider yet I would put that ahead of it. KZ looks better, but TR is the better single-player experience in my opinion. That island looks so much better its not even funny. And Lara looks incredible.

Otherwise, I've really enjoyed Dont Starve, Resogun, and Outlast, though none of those will blow your mind graphically.

HungryTurkey

Neo Member
I know second son is coming out next friday (and i'll be getting it), but what is the one game that i MUST play today? I don't have any yet. If it's downloadable that's all the better.

AC4 if you haven't played it and are a completionist, will provide you an experience that looks good and has legs; same but a little less so on Tomb Raider. Aside from that, umm.. Titanfall?

Congrats,

If you're a console only owner. Buy:
-Don't Starve
-Outlast [why the hell is this $19.99]
-Towerfall Ascension

If you haven't bought any cross-gen games on last-gen, buy:
-AC4

Get PS+ and immediately download Resogun and Dead Nation

Blacklight Retribution is a very fun shooter and not at all a pay-to-win F2P game. You may enjoy it more than CoD: Ghosts

EGM1966

Resogun for sure plus any other freebie Plus stuff (Dead Nation currently?)

Then check out the F2P stuff.

And if you've never played Flower buy it and if you don't like it never tell anyone.

I think I've played SoundShapes the most out of any game I have on PS4. It's a great game to zone out to, and there's some crazy UGC. There was a Shadow of the Colossus based level I played that took me nearly half an hour to beat.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
AC4 , ResOgun and if you haven't played it (or even if you have) Tomb Raider

ground zeroes....if you dont mind spending $30 for a game with a short scenario.

incoming derail in 3,2,1...

also that tomb raider game looks nice, i haven't tried it yet but im planning to pick it up one day

smenden18

Neo Member
I guess there must be something wrong with me, but I absolutely loved Knack. I thought the controls were responsive, environments varied and interesting, and the graphics crisp and vibrant. The story wasn't anything revolutionary, but I found it engaging enough keep playing.

I'd go as far as to say it was one of my favorite games of 2013 from a pure fun perspective. Obviously not GOTY material, but still worth playing!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Resogun is the best PS4 game so far. Dead Nation is really good too, and is currently free on PS+. And Flower is wonderful, definitely recommend that if you haven't played the PS3 version (it's a free upgrade if you do own that one).

I am in the store right now and it says it's free for PS+ members or $14.99 regular price.

It's not free on EU PS+ anymore, Dead Nation is the only free PS4 game here right now.

Lo-Volt

Resogun, and if you missed them for the older consoles, Black Flag, Rayman Legends and Tomb Raider are all solid.

for me it was probably shadowfall so far. the story is whatever but it has some really visually stunning moments that have stuck in my brain.

i'm excited for MGS, i wasn't gonna buy it for the price, but i'm just itching for something new right now and it could be fun.

EGOMON

Welcome to the new-gen if you need friends you can add me "GeoDarky" and as for what game to play get PS+ and you will have like 2 or 3 free games to choose from i recommended Resogun.

bebop242

Warframe. Dont let its f2p turn you off without trying it. Its business model is one of the best and fairest in f2p land.

Its kinda like borderlands co-op and I've heard its like mass effect 3 multiplayer (cant confirm, never played me3).

parabolee

I really loved Killzone. Thought it was very under rated.

As someone with a serious PC gaming rig, I was super impressed with how beautiful Killzone is. I honestly thought it was better looking than Crysis 3 at 1080p. Which is in my opinion the best looking game on PC.

Killzone is super fun, really interesting changes to the combat. The AI is kinda dumb, which is its only real failure. But play it on the hardest difficulty and the game is excellent.

After that -

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

And of course give all the free games a try. Some good ones for sure.

This is what I am looking forward to between now and the end of the year -

Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
Daylight
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Watchdogs
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Elder Scrolls Online
The Evil Within
Destiny
War Thunder
Diablo 3
Dying Light
The Order 1866
The Evil Within
The Witcher 3
Dragon Age 3
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Bound By Flame

Briarios

Warframe! There is a GAF clan that I'm sure would be happy to help you out. Add me if you want, I'll take you on some runs and get you some mods and auras. It's a great co-op only shooter, FTP. Lotsa fun - I've put more time into than pretty much any other game in the last year.

Namikaze

Congrats :)

Rayman Legends is one of my favorite games ever, check it out if you haven't played it on another system yet. Assassins Creed is solid, and Tomb Raider is also fun if you can find it at a discount.

What I have and in order of how much I'm enjoying them:

1. Tomb Raider (I had even played through most of it on 360).
2. Resogun
3. Pinball Arcade
4. Strider
5. Injustice (I missed this one first time around)
6. Don't Starve (not really my thing, but still pretty fun)

I've not yet played Outlast or Dead Nation

rob305

Congrats! While Killzone is far from being a masterpiece you should be able to pick it up for under $30 on craigslist so I'd give that a go. Or at least a rent until next friday!

Top Bottom