• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm the proud owner of a new PS4

Melchiah

Well, here's my recommendation as well... Resogun, KZ:SF, Outlast, and Flower & Tomb Raider if you haven't played them already, or wish to experience them again in a better form. Perhaps Warframe as well, depending on your taste in multiplayer shooters. I didn't like it that much myself, as the areas are just too big for their own good. I prefer ME3-like tight and tactic maps, where you don't lose the whereabouts of your team members all the time.

I'm kinda disappointed, that Resogun isn't available for free for newcomers anymore.

ciD_Vain

Just got one as an anniversary gift from my boyfriend! I only have Resogun though! Thinking about Tomb Raider...I haven't played one since the ps2 days (except that top-view one) but I enjoyed them a lot.

I know second son is coming out next friday (and i'll be getting it), but what is the one game that i MUST play today? I don't have any yet. If it's downloadable that's all the better.

First download all the free games. That should keep you busy until Infamous.

Also knack is pretty fun. I'd give it a solid 8.

nba2k is a must have.
madden is ok.

ac4 is a must have.

anthym

Neo Member
Like everyone else said, Resogun is by far the best game on ps4 right now. You can easily get a solid 10 hours out of it getting the platinum, if not more. I would also recommend AC4. Just a great pirate game. Everything else is up to your tastes.

I've got:
Resogun
Ac4
Cod ghosts (don't recommend this)
Knack
Dead nation

I tried put don't starve, outlast, and the strider demo. I didn't really understand don't starve, outlast scared the shit out me, and strider was pretty tough but fun. I just got the demo for strider so I would try that before buying and see if you like it.

Edit: feel free to add me on psn. I'm in east US but I work swing shift so I play at different times every week. Ncslamm is my ID. Just leave gaf as a comment when you send a request.

TheMan

thanks again for the replies, and i will add the few of you who offered soon. just one more question- is PSN down for anyone besides myself?

Forza, killer instinct, dead rising 3, plants vs zombies, Titan fall. All better than anything on the ps4 at the moment.

To be fair Forza isn't good. Killer Instinct is eh. Ryse is eh too. Titanfall is really the only thing worth anything in my opinion.. Plants Vs Zombies is coming to PS4 too.

All my free games from PS+ is keeping well entertained until Infamous. Outlast, Resogun, Dead Nation. (edit): And I haven't even really got into Warframe, Blacklight. I did just finish Contrast.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why'd you get a console then? Are you waiting for Second Son?

1) Want to play some modern games on my TV but can't move my PC next into the living room and don't want to buy another PC

2) Some exclusive games I know I'll want to play

3) I know I'll want it eventually for Japanese software that won't hit WiiU or PC

mstevens

If you're asking for just one game to hold you over until inFamous, definitely get Resogun. It's honestly one of the most fun games I've ever played and I'm not typically a fan of the genre. There's just something about it that is immensely satisfying.

fred

A bit disappointing that the console has been out for a while and the library is so weak. Same goes for the One too. I'm going to be getting my PS4 in January next year when there are a good few decent games for it. Should have a decent collection of games included with PS+ by then too.

model13

BF4 gets a lot of crap, but I think its a great game if you don't have it on another platform. Hopefully Second Son is as good as it looks otherwise its gonna be a long summer for nextgen.

Melchiah

If you're asking for just one game to hold you over until inFamous, definitely get Resogun. It's honestly one of the most fun games I've ever played and I'm not typically a fan of the genre. There's just something about it that is immensely satisfying.

Agreed. Retro shooters aren't usually my cup of tea either, and I was close to quit on the game, as the learning curve was pretty steep. I actually had problems on easy at first. But I'm glad I picked it up again a couple of weeks later, and eventually platinum'd the game. Now I'm just craving for a DLC to be released.

Trike

I actually got a PS4 today too. Got Battlefield 4, Killzone: Shadowfall, Need for Speed, Call of Duty Ghosts, Knack, and AssCreed IV.

$300

IvorB

Many recommendations for Tomb Raider here. I have a right mind to head downstairs and pick up a copy this very minute.

Melchiah

Many recommendations for Tomb Raider here. I have a right mind to head downstairs and pick up a copy this very minute.

Definitely recommended. It's highly likely it'll be among my GOTY top 10. Enjoyed it more than Uncharted 2/3.

Just remember to make multiple saves regularly. The save bug corrupted my file, and wiped away 11% of progress.

IvorB

Definitely recommended. It's highly likely it'll be among my GOTY top 10. Enjoyed it more than Uncharted 2/3.

Just remember to make multiple saves regularly. The save bug corrupted my file, and wiped away 11% of progress.

Just bought it off PSN. Bit pricy on there but whatever. Gonna give this discless thing a go.

What save bug though. You got me worried...

Melchiah

Just bought it off PSN. Bit pricy on there but whatever. Gonna give this discless thing a go.

What save bug though. You got me worried...

The bug apparently occurs if you fast travel to and fro the Shipwreck Beach, so if you avoid that you should be safe. Better to make multiple saves regularly just in case though. The game crashed on me twice, the first time being during a certain escape scene (
helicopter jump
) before the beach, but the save corrupt only occurred in the beach.

EDIT: It's recommended to do all the sidequests before entering the beach.

Forza, killer instinct, dead rising 3, plants vs zombies, Titan fall. All better than anything on the ps4 at the moment.

(in your opinion)

Why is everyone who makes these list counting in plants vs zombies? Lol, I mean I can't. It's a mobile game that really isn't all that must play for the Xbox One neither should it be $30 AND neither should even be apart of any list considering there are indie games for cheaper that are still more fun to play than that. Come on.

I want a PS4 for infamous at the minute and uncharted later but I cant justify that cost for two games. Will wait for a price cut or a good bundle in a year. I liked what I played in my dads house though.

Top Bottom