• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS_GUY

Probably not since US and European Pokémon Company outlets are advertising January 8th as well.

I'd bet on the announcement being at a reasonable hour in all of these time zones.

I don't think it's going to be a simultaneous announcement. It would be kind of dumb to punish Japanese fans just so fans in America and elsewhere can learn about this news at the same time.

I think the respected websites for each country will still post the news on the 8th in their local time, but most of us will know what it is ahead of time due to the Japanese reveal.

I think the Japanese website will post it at noon on the 8th which will be around Monday evening in North America.

Nilaul

I wish they could adda fuze mechanic to unkowns, you would actually fuze a bunch of them together. Could be cool, and you could have multiple differences between it fuzion depening which letters you fuze.

gosox333

I don't think it's going to be a simultaneous announcement. It would be kind of dumb to punish Japanese fans just so fans in America and elsewhere can learn about this news at the same time.

I think the respected websites for each country will still post the news on the 8th in their local time, but most of us will know what it is ahead of time due to the Japanese reveal.

I think the Japanese website will post it at noon on the 8th which will be around Monday evening in North America.

Yeah, IIRC that's how it worked for the Reshiram and Zekrom announcement.

upandaway

Yep, for BW2 the English press release was spread around several hours after the Jap announcement if I recall correctly

Oh, you know what would be funny? If Cynthia showed up in G6 post-game as well. Just to solidify her "appear in every game ever" trend.

I think he means he wants someone to go through the gen 3 and 4 pokemon, with probably focus put on the best/worst/most important. But yea, now i'm confused on what he meant.
452.png

If you want a best Pokémon, he's right here.

It's almost mean what Game Freak refuses to let Flareon have. I still don't understand why it doesn't have Flare Blitz.

And as if to add insult to injury, it can learn Dig and Bite but not Earthquake and Crunch. Are there even a lot of fully evolved Pokemon that can learn Bite but not Crunch?
I've never even taken note of this, it's like they've deliberately only given it the lesser versions of similar moves, someone at GF hates the poor thing.

Sigilyph should be Unown evolution, both are Psychic and are very similar after all.

Ever since I first saw it i've called Sigilyph the flying Unown Bot, it's basically an "I" shape Unown connected to a flying contraption.

Berordn

Thanks! Lucario didn't seem that strong in B&W2... I might be wrong... And why does the green one look like Eevee? Is that a new Eevee-evolution?

Lucario's great when he's got a moveset that works with him. The green one is Leafon, the grass type Eevee. It's actually pretty bad.

Probably the best looking Eeveelution though.

Luxray (the electric lion thing) and Mawile (the creepy thing on the top-right) are also both terrible.

injurai

Banned
Really is dumb that it doesn't. I mean, what's the purpose of having two heart fish pokemon that look similar that aren't related that are the same color? Nothing, that's what.

We've gotten a cat pokemon every gen though. I don't see this as a huge problem.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still surprised people want Luvdisc to evolve into Alomomola.

I mean, one is a discus fish and the other is a mola-mola!

This one will have good Pokemon though!

You imply Gen IV had terrible Pokemon. If anything they delivered really good ones! Staraptor for instance makes your Pidgeots and Fearows cry.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If I were to replay gens 2-4, I'd probably go HeartGold/Soulsilver (rather than Crystal), Emerald, then Platinum, right? Wanna catch up on what I missed, and last time I played Gen 2 was a WHILE back. 1st gen I remember well enough :p

Berordn

If I were to replay gens 2-4, I'd probably go HeartGold/Soulsilver (rather than Crystal), Emerald, then Platinum, right? Wanna catch up on what I missed, and last time I played Gen 2 was a WHILE back. 1st gen I remember well enough :p

I'd actually recommend you play Emerald first, just because Gen IV improves so much it'll be hard to get back to. I'd also save HG/SS for last since of that bunch, they're the most improved. But those are the best options, yes.

Boss Doggie

Yeah sounds about right... although you should play Emerald first. It'd be weird suddenly playing a game that has no attack attribute improvements and added secondary abilities.

Smiley90

To be fair, I'm playing White 2 atm...
Hence me being back on the hypetrain. So happy I bought a 3DS, I've missed pokemon all these years. But k, I'll take Emerald first then... Unless the announcement tomorrow is a Heartgold/soulsilver-style remake of Gen 3.

Berordn

To be fair, I'm playing White 2 atm...
Hence me being back on the hypetrain. So happy I bought a 3DS, I've missed pokemon all these years. But k, I'll take Emerald first then... Unless the announcement tomorrow is a Heartgold/soulsilver-style remake of Gen 3.

Ooh, I have trouble getting back into Gen IV after playing Black and White for a bit, so good luck!

Emerald's not terrible, but all the improvements they brought with the DS games made it seem really archaic, really quickly.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I also have trouble playing Gen IV after playing a lot in Gen V. Non-infinite TM and slow animations are the worst.

You can always turn off the animations...I can go back to playing Gen 1 after playing the newest ones and I'm fine. If it bugs you that much, just play it on Stadium with the speed up option.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm playing through White 2 for the first time, so I figured I'd pop in this thread.

I really hope this is a new game coming, and that the pokemon are good this time around. Gen V has a few solid ones, but overall the selection is pretty terrible.

Smiley90

Ooh, I have trouble getting back into Gen IV after playing Black and White for a bit, so good luck!

Emerald's not terrible, but all the improvements they brought with the DS games made it seem really archaic, really quickly.

I'll play it to get familiar with the generations again, mostly, plus I'll be playin the gens for the first time (or in case of gen 2, for the first time in 10 years), so hopefully it'll be like novelty. I'm excited. C'mon announcement, be 3DS pokemon. Or pokemon snap or coliseum.

Boss Doggie

But then that would mean no TMs, no abilities to make pokemon fight well, no phy/spe split, no satk/sdef split, psychics are overpowered, and no dark/steel typing :(

Oh and NO RUNNING SHOES

But then that would mean no TMs, no abilities to make pokemon fight well, no phy/spe split, no satk/sdef split, psychics are overpowered, and no dark/steel typing :(

Oh and NO RUNNING SHOES

Then go play Crystal! I'm saying...it's not that hard to go back to the old games unless you have some undying hatred for them or something.

Boss Doggie

It's mostly because of the ease of playing and improved features given by the new games that makes it hard to play back, especially when you enjoyed them.

I mean, without infinite TM you're stuck with breeding for moves.

Pachimari

Alright. Even though I played Black AND White for like 10 hours, after having skipped all games since Red - I'm still scared of jumping into Black 2 with all the talk of berries, fusion(?), IV/EV (I don't even know what this is) and those small systems in the game. A little bit overwhelming heh. :)

Truth. *highfives*

Alright. Even though I played Black AND White for like 10 hours, after having skipped all games since Red - I'm still scared of jumping into Black 2 with all the talk of berries, fusion(?), IV/EV (I don't even know what this is) and those small systems in the game. A little bit overwhelming heh. :)

Don't worry; the game does a good job of teaching you everything you need to know. Just sit back and enjoy the best Gen in the series :)

PS: EVs have been in every game, and IVs aren't new to BW2 nor are they essential for the main game.

If you are just a really casual player, you really don't need to worry about IVs and EVs. Fusion doesn't really happen...just for one Pokémon. Think of berries like extra status healing items.

zroid

Banned

Don't be overwhelmed. Pokemon has always been a highly approachable series, and Black 2 and White 2 are no exception. The systems have evolved and become more complex over time but they've always been kept at arm's length (often to the chagrin of more dedicated players, even).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom