• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

I don't think I could finish a game where you went to three regions, to be honest. I already spent over 50 hours beating BW2. Plus, how would levels be spread in such a game? 40-70-100?

I don't know. I personally thought BW2 was really fun, and this is someone who thought DPPt and especially BW weren't too exciting. PWT satisfies a lot of my itches for older games as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What if it's a Pokemon dating game

Also I find it hilarious that it took PWT to actually show a stadium-like match in the main series.

gosox333

I know this has probably been obvious to everybody but me from the get go, but if Masuda is pushing this, doesn't that mean it pretty much has to be something GF related?

I know this has probably been obvious to everybody but me from the get go, but if Masuda is pushing this, doesn't that mean it pretty much has to be something GF related?
Yes. They wouldn't roll him out for a spin-off announcement.

How would people feel about a Rayman Origins-esque artstyle for Gen 6?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
yeah gold/silver do kinda serve more as direct sequels to their previous game than r/s, d/p, and b/w do to each other, but having a game where you're red once again would be huge.

i don't think you could ever have a game where you're the same character. It would bring up the question of where all your Pokemon from the last game went.

I would hope in a Red/Blue 2 you would go back to Vermilion City and that guy stamping down the ground with Machoke has built something awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I would hope in a Red/Blue 2 you would go back to Vermilion City and that guy stamping down the ground with Machoke has built something awesome.

He is still there in Gen II and has already evolved into a Machoke... and has yet to finish building the damn thing.

BowieZ

Banned
With the huge userbase on the 3DS in Japan this announcement will probably pertain to 3DS.
Maybe the idea was to announce it once 3DS hit 10M in Japan (it will most certainly have done this by the 8th).

But yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way that that would make any business sense lol.

Kyzer

Banned
Maybe the idea was to announce it once 3DS hit 10M in Japan (it will most certainly have done this by the 8th).

But yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way that that would make any business sense lol.

Pokemon is a system seller. They can use it as an ace card, whenever they need, or bring it out when its ready. I think Gen 6 has been a long time coming.

FreeMufasa

I no new games ain't gonna happen but is it possible for red/blue/gold/silver/ruby/sapphire to ever make there way to iOS App Store? Real talk, I won't this so bad.

Last I heard its not owned by Nintendo but da Pokemon Company? N I assume Nintendo has a exclusive contracts.

Kyzer

Banned
I no new games ain't gonna happen but is it possible for red/blue/gold/silver/ruby/sapphire to ever make there way to iOS App Store? Real talk, I won't this so bad.

Last I heard its not owned by Nintendo but da Pokemon Company? N I assume Nintendo has a exclusive contracts.

As long as Nintendo is the majority stockholder for TPC, they can't really do anything unless Nintendo says it's okay.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No. Pokemon will NEVER be on the app store. EVER. It will never happen. Putting Pokemon on the app store is the equivalent of setting fire to a huge mountain of $100 bills. It would be the dumbest move ever made.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No. Pokemon will NEVER be on the app store. EVER. It will never happen. Putting Pokemon on the app store is the equivalent of setting fire to a huge mountain of $100 bills. It would be the dumbest move ever made.

Sadly, this is true. Will never happen, as long as there are Nintendo handhelds. So, never.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of sequels, I would love it if the Gen VI region were adjacent to Hoenn and played out similarly to the Gen I/II games in terms of continuity. It would serve as a completely adequate alternative to actual Gen III remakes for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sadly, this is true. Will never happen, as long as there are Nintendo handhelds. So, never.

It's not the best move for GameFreak either. If it's on the app store and isn't cheap no one buys it, a game like Pokemon takes money to make and they'd be lucky to turn a profit. Look at MarioKart DS, it made more money than the ENTIRE app store did in a year. A year! That's accounting for shipping and manufacturing. Pokemon is the BIG seller so odds are it would tie that or make even more. It's throwing away money for everyone involved plain and simple.

Firestorm

Did you write this on your iPhone and what is wrong with your autocorrect?

It's not the best move for GameFreak either. If it's on the app store and isn't cheap no one buys it, a game like Pokemon takes money to make and they'd be lucky to turn a profit. Look at MarioKart DS, it made more money than the ENTIRE app store did in a year. A year! That's accounting for shipping and manufacturing. Pokemon is the BIG seller so odds are it would tie that or make even more. It's throwing away money for everyone involved plain and simple.
Game Freak, Nintendo, Creatures, and TPCi saw $0 from Pokémon Red Version and Blue Version in 2012.

Kyzer

Banned
Speaking of sequels, I would love it if the Gen VI region were adjacent to Hoenn and played out similarly to the Gen II games in terms of continuity. It would serve as a completely adequate alternative to actual Gen III remakes for me.

Now we're talkin. I thought Hoenn would be in BW back in the day..dat airport....

If we don't get a god damn Peacock Pokemon this gen I don't know what.

peacock.jpg

The potential. :(

Also, the fossils need to be a saber-toothed tiger and a T.Rex.

Also, the fossils need to be a saber-toothed tiger and a T.Rex.

Id love to see a influx of dino/extinct animals. Maybe finding a hidden cave/jungle area where they still exist. Instead of only getting a couple fossils each gen. The possibilities are enormous.

gosox333

If this is what we're all hoping for, then Japan's gonna have full on Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon releases all in the same year.

Can Japan survive?

Mista Koo

How is this different to what those games did, though? And what would be the benefit of it anyway?
Black and White had no Pokemon from previous games and no significant mentions of other regions until the post-game.
They still wouldn't totally reimagine Pokemon already there, they have to account for established Pokemon designs and types in the new ones.

As for benefits nothing, aside from shocking news (and lowered sales?).

And make the shiny albino:

So this is gonna be a Pokemon game for the Wii, right?

Not the Wii U, but the Wii.

Either that or an announcement of new trading cards or some shit.

I can't see RBY/GSC/RSE ever making it to the App Store.

I did have a funny thought about RBY/GSC/RSE being put onto the eShop though.

Qurupeke

And I bet one of the gen 6 starters will be fire/fighting too.

No please. I'm tired of this... Blaziken was great. Infernape was okay. But another Fire/Fighting? Just no... :mad:

I personally want an interesting Grass starter. Like Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel. And offensive, not defensive. Sceptile was really cool and I want something like that. Probably a dinosaur or something. For the fire starter, I want a Fire/Electric or Fire/Dark. But the first won't probably happen. :( And the water starter needs to be Water/Poison. A frog or a platypus or both.

The best would be Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, Water/Grass.

Murrah

Banned
Gen 5 was the first time I didn't pick the fire starter and it cut me to my soul. Still waiting on my grass dragon too

About to get on a plane...won't have internet access for the next 14 hours. Naturally, this is the time when the announcement will come, urgh.

Am expecting it to be 1 or 2 new Pokemon with 'Check back for more info next month!'

About to get on a plane...won't have internet access for the next 14 hours. Naturally, this is the time when the announcement will come, urgh.

Am expecting it to be 1 or 2 new Pokemon with 'Check back for more info next month!'

Long damn flight! Where are you flying to? Maybe the flight will have a wifi option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom