• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Pokemon version of skylanders with 649 different figures to collect and when alternate forms are added to the mix that goes up to about 100+ for the wii u.......all that revenue
KuGsj.gif

Karuyag

For the love of jeebus... if its gonna be a 3D pokemon game... use cel shading... and none of those pokedex 3d pro models... I prefer my poke's anime'd

stktt

Banned
Confession:

I have never played a Pokemon game in my life.

Am I missing out?

Yes. Start with Black or White if you want something designed as a reboot and good introduction for those new to the series, or Black 2/White 2 if you want the latest and greatest game.

I know it won't be, but I'd love a new Pokémon TCG for 3DS.

Sorry to kill dreams, but this wont happen.

They have their own Pokemon TCG PC application that is based on redeeming codes from actual tcg booster packs.

Not to mention a TCG game wouldn't be a big announcement like this

NeonZ

For the love of jeebus... if its gonna be a 3D pokemon game... use cel shading... and none of those pokedex 3d pro models... I prefer my poke's anime'd

Huh? They don't need to use different models to go with cel shading.

I do hope they attempt to mimic anime-like visuals though if this is a main title and they go for 3d, especially after that one 3d human model from BW2 which seemed to go in a similar direction.

upandaway

Confession:

Am I missing out?
The fact you're asking probably means you should check it out. In regards to Pokemon, the only two types of people I've seen are those who like it and those who completely ignore its existence without a turn of the head, no interest whatsoever

harmonize

Wait, are there still people here that don't believe Gamefreak will go full 3D next gen? I can't tell whether or not it's what some of you would prefer or what you think will actually happen.

I mean, the 3D Pokedex, Mystery Dungeon being in 3D; I don't think the franchise could make their intent any more obvious.

Kacho

Confession:

Am I missing out?

Yep. Fun games with tons of content. Worth at least trying one out. Preferably White/Black 1 or 2.

Edit: Story doesn't matter. Just jump in.

Pachimari

Sorry to kill dreams, but this wont happen.

They have their own Pokemon TCG PC application that is based on redeeming codes from actual tcg booster packs.

Not to mention a TCG game wouldn't be a big announcement like this
I were actually sitting with this game the past day and didn't know how to get new cards. So I have to buy the actual cards which has redeem codes?

So both JP and NA are hyping the announcement for the 8th? Does that mean NA should hear about it the 7th then have another announcement the next day?

Anth0ny

why wouldn't you start with the original

you people are weird

i'm playing Metroid on NES right now, and then I'm gonna play Metroid 2 on GB before finally jumping into Super Metroid.

tkscz

Calling it now, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity release date is the big announcement.

Ezalc

Pokemon TCG game for 3DS with booster pack cards that can actually be used in tournaments. Do this shit eye of judgement style.

Emitan

why wouldn't you start with the original

you people are weird

i'm playing Metroid on NES right now, and then I'm gonna play Metroid 2 on GB before finally jumping into Super Metroid.
Why would you recommend the oldest, most outdated game to a newcomer?

Calling it now, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity release date is the big announcement.

But it's already been released in Japan...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It may be Black and White 2 enhanced port for 3DS.

If they have yet to announce that then it's probably this.

They wouldn't generate such a big amount of hype for a title already released in Japan and dated in US.

A countdown too? Hype.

GameE

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01...ews-next-week?abthid=50e72981910966206800005a

While the tease is certainly intriguing, this is unlikely to be a new game or piece of hardware. Recent Pokemon announcements including Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity’s release date and the Charizard 3DS XL coming to Japan came directly from Nintendo rather than through The Pokemon Company itself. Instead, this announcement is more likely to be related to the Pokemon Trading Card Game or a Pokemon tournament, but we’ll have to wait until next week to find out for sure.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Also, customizable main characters please. Dude from B&W2 looks like the captain of some uni frisby team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom