• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

Why would you ignore the two best Pokemon games made and keep playing a remake of the second worst?

Because opinions.

Anyway, remember when we got hyped up about Black and White 2 and thought it would be the 3D version we were hoping for? Setting my phasers to "low expectations" for this one.

Banned
Cel-shaded Pokemon RPG for the Wii U with 3D worlds and featuring the first two gens of Pokemon! Gen 3-5 are dlc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope this really is when they ditch sprites for good and never look back.

And it's a new mainline Pokemon game, not some Mystery Dungeon shit or a RSE remake.

Berordn

Anyway, remember when we got hyped up about Black and White 2 and thought it would be the 3D version we were hoping for? Setting my phasers to "low expectations" for this one.

Who thought this? They were crazy if they ever expected that.

Zeroth

Because opinions.

You mean you believe there's a chance this game will be BW3 for the DS? I mean, the last time Nintendo did an international announcement at this level was for Gen 5.

Mariolee

You mean you believe there's a chance this game will be BW3 for the DS? I mean, the last time Nintendo did an international announcement at this level was for Gen 5.

I dunno man, it's just that Pokemon announcements have let me down so many times I can't bring myself to think this will be any different. There's a high chance this will be the Pokemon 3D we've been waiting for, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

botty

Banned
The 3DS in the West needs a Pokemon game A$AP. Animal Crossing 3Ds should start some momentum, and hopefully something big like this carries it later, with whatever is shown at e3 maybe.

Ultima_5

GUYS IT'S PROBABLY A POKEMON MMO GUYS IT HAS TO BE GUYS

Oh, wait, I forgot, that's never, ever, ever going to happen in a hundred zillion years.

Not to mention it goes against the overall theme of Pokemon and nintendos kid friendly philosophy.

pvpness

Is it reasonable to expect the pokemon wii U game, launching alongside an nfc enabled toy line theory as even feasible? It makes a lot of sense, which is why I'm hesitant to put any stock in it.

bounchfx

Except Nintendo wants people who don't hate themselves and all other human beings to play this game.

While hilarious, Pokemon could fit that genre pretty smoothly. Lots of characters, 4 attacks each (let players customize of course), leveling up, hell you could evolve during the match maybe. Would be so cool.

I'd still love an 3d action rpg pokemon, when in battle you control the pokemons movement and A/B/X/Y are each mapped to a separate attack with individual cooldowns.

a man can dream

edit: Or, hell, you don't even need to control the actual pokemon, but maybe A/b/x/y makes you shout that move at your pokemon and he will run around and do his best to battle, following your commands.

GODDAMIT THERES SO MUCH POTENTIAL WHY DOESNT NINTENDO DO STUFF

grumpy

Gen 6 incoming! I can almost see it:

Pokemon "Water & Fire"
One version for the 3DS one for Wii U

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - type connectivity and save transferring

Christmas 2013 in Nippon, Spring 2014 in the West.

a major pokemon announcement from noa?
not very likely is it?
i would expect something big like a real 3ds pokemon to be announced by noj

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I've said for years they won't start on the 3DS with anything but a new generation. No artificially extending Gen V, no Hoenn remakes/sequels. I'm sticking to that!

Anyway, remember when we got hyped up about Black and White 2 and thought it would be the 3D version we were hoping for?
I dunno man, it's just that Pokemon announcements have let me down so many times I can't bring myself to think this will be any different. There's a high chance this will be the Pokemon 3D we've been waiting for, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
We who?? Are you 2 or more people x_x?

Browser game where you collect pokemon figures.
The Pokémon Dream World thingy has lotsa pkmn dolls you can collect!

While hilarious, Pokemon could fit that genre pretty smoothly. Lots of characters, 4 attacks each (let players customize of course), leveling up, hell you could evolve during the match maybe. Would be so cool.

I'd still love an 3d action rpg pokemon, when in battle you control the pokemons movement and A/B/X/Y are each mapped to a separate attack with individual cooldowns.

a man can dream

edit: Or, hell, you don't even need to control the actual pokemon, but maybe A/b/x/y makes you shout that move at your pokemon and he will run around and do his best to battle, following your commands.

Fuck yeah.

Zeroth

a man can dream

A pokemon MMO has been done before. And by that, I mean fans made a FireRed ROM into a MMO client, so you can play the game as if it was a MMO. Needless to say, the formula doesn't translate well, and the adjustments needed to make the game interesting would remove a lot of what makes pokemon attractive to the main public. It's actually interesting how the formula is not easily adaptable into a MMO, despite how well the theory in paper may sound.

If anything, Nintendo will keep pushing smaller co-op games like entralink in the main games.

My Pokedollars are on a Pokemon Gen 3 remake for
DS.

As much as I would love a Gen III remake, let's be real: Gen VI would need to come before the remakes to not make a tricky case where a Gen V game is stuck on a platform that isn't its gen's native one and on the same as the next generation.

Would be awesome if it was a RSE remake for 3DS. I think it's too early for Gen 6.
though im probably the only one with that opinion. :p

Mudkips

Banned
Mainline 3DS title with completely revamped visuals and bunch of StreetPass/online stuff

The world is not ready

Every street pass encounter inserts a wild copy of one of the other user's pokemon into a special area in the game. Walk around in that area to encounter it, battle it, and catch it.

Spot pass does the same thing, but will include rare pokermans.

Every pokemon will be catchable without having to resort to voodoo, hunting down special events, owning multiple versions, etc.

Believe.

udivision

As crazy as fan ideas for games typically sound, anybody could come up with a more interesting idea for the direction than game freak.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mainline 3DS title with completely revamped visuals and bunch of StreetPass/online stuff

The world is not ready
Oh my god, I did not even realize it would have StreetPass functionality.

The most addictive Nintendo franchise + the most addictive part of having a 3DS =
Kreygasm.png

zroid

Banned
Every pokemon will be catchable without having to resort to voodoo, hunting down special events, owning multiple versions, etc.

this won't happen, but your idea about using StreetPass to insert wild Pokes into other people's games would be a cool (and plausible) way to give/get version exclusive species.

Dysun

A full fledged Pokemon title would make me pick up the Wii U

It should at least be a 3rd gen remake or the 6th gen proper on 3DS

zroid

Banned
it's going to be so funny when this ends up being another DS game
gen V remake of gen III games

Zeroth

8/1/2013
8+1+2013=2022
2 shows up 3 times, gen 3 remakes

But if you add 2 + 0 + 2 + 2 you get 6. Maybe Gen 6 is actually Gen 3 remakes with a secret new region at the end with all new pokemon.
And also includes a mode to play remakes of FR/LG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom