• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
500px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh wow, was this confirmed astroturfing then? Amazing!

I always knew Titus was a self-important numbskull prone to bad faith arguments, but I am shocked to learn he was also a carpetbagging prat!

Unicorn

Like, nothing says, "We deserve your money," more than paying someone to pretend to be an average Joe on GAF to persuade you.

So wait - this guy was actually doing PR work for Microsoft?

I see accusations like that all the time but I didn't think companies actually have people out there on forums parading their cause.

If he wasn't he probably shouldn't have registered under a PR email.

Still, it took 1,200 posts to get him.

Celegus

Uh, what? Xbox One and PS4 both have zero games I care about.

Bravo to the thread title change, glad I caught it just before it was fixed!

vcc

So wait - this guy was actually doing PR work for Microsoft?

I see accusations like that all the time but I didn't think companies actually have people out there on forums parading their cause.

I get the feeling there are a lot of them out there. On reddit yesterday the /r/xboxone sub had 2 inexplicable 'MS won me over from Sony' threads which I'm almost certain are shill created.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
These threads man. Can't wait for the onslaught of bish gifs.

Last year it was starting to become common.

Last fall was crazy. Pretty much every major tech site or gaming site's forums/comments were filled with obviously paid posters. Half felt like they were just copy/pasting from various press releases and talking points.

It was almost as bad as political sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom