• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agreed with some points the op was making, such as ms being evil etc, but he went around it in the wrong way. He may not be a shill and just an avid fan but he left little room for a reasonable discussion and insinuated that all people who don't like xbox are fools.

This thread has been gold tho!

What a thread.

NFOkG38.gif

I've never heard a single Macklemore song....should I listen to know what all the fuss is aboot? Hardly listen to rap.....

He's a good underground MC that people like to shit on because he got popular from a tongue-in-cheek song about thrift shops. He then answered all haters with Can't Hold Us: dropping 40 bars a verse and impressively juggling multiple tempos over an awesome beat and hook. Second straight #1. No one ever seems to give a substantial critique of his music on its' own merits; just content-free hating like "LOL Macklemore sucks" or "he robbed Kendrick of the Grammy".

So what's going to happen to OP is he still going to get perm? A topic like that usually just warrants a thread lock and a junior status but being a paid Shill is a very strong accusation.

Is there going to be like a trial or is it irreversible?

Grakl

He's a good underground MC that people like to shit on because he got popular from a tongue-in-cheek song about thrift shops. He then answered all haters with Can't Hold Us: dropping 40 bars a verse and impressively juggling multiple tempos over an awesome beat and hook. Second straight #1. No one ever seems to give a substantial critique of his music on its' own merits; just content-free hating like "LOL Macklemore sucks" or "he robbed Kendrick of the Grammy".
So he's the only rapper with something to say?

That "10 million" thread really must've phucked this guy up yesterday. Enough so to where now he's banned.

This is what happens when you take the console wars too personally.

theWB27

Listening now.

jadedm17

XBOX one is a good deal; PS4 is a far better one.

Its Apple vs Android phones to me : I see the formers value but I see far more in the latter.

Neiteio

So what's going to happen to OP is he still going to get perm? A topic like that usually just warrants a thread lock and a junior status but being a paid Shill is a very strong accusation.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
holy shit this thread just keeps getting better

cliff's casual racism is why we clowned macklemore

I don't see what's so bad about the OP.

It has valid points. The hate over the top for the Xbox One.

Are people making LTTP threads or other "review" threads for game related things shills? They put just as much effort as OP did.

To cure the disingenuous mindset:

Threads like this are garbage. Throwing around haphazard accusations, insulting others while pleading for peace, Sony Too(tm), list wars, leave Microsoft alone, etc.

It's stupid to make a thread an attempt to attack some group of members. If you have issues with people in specific threads, PM a mod to deal with it. Or strike up a conversation in that thread. We don't need this crap. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone who felt slighted by some members of this forum, started making threads to defend their viewpoint?

That said, I feel for the XBox members who have to trudge through some of these XBox threads. The drivebys do get ridiculous sometimes, but my advice is to not take it personally and let a mod know.

I'm an Xbox One owner, and it is terrible that I can't go into many related threads without it being about also the Playstation 4 and how well Sony is playing their game of sales, however related it is or not.

But Microsoft perpetuated the issue with RotTR and OP decided to white knight in an antagonistic fashion. I'm not going to put on Polygon-level blinders for the sake of a stupid brand name to a corporations whose only interest is the money everyone provides.

xaszatm

Banned

Seeing as he just got out of a ban to post this OP, I think it might be more servers. Though most ban questions should go towards bish and not this thread. I think.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If someone wants to make another thread with similar points to the OP without the idiocy, feel free. It`ll be well moderated and everything!

Flames still suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom