• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

OP needs to be careful with the "Post New Thread" button.

star-trek-reaction.gif

PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

So ban him for having a tantrum, but not for being an astroturfing shill.

Quoting in agreement. His company literally maintains a massive list of contacts that marketing company's can tap into for their PR campaigns. This is not marketing.

Neiteio

PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

Precisely.

Look at the about page. It talks about software. There is no mention anywhere of services relating to actually conducting public relations.

http://prmax.co.uk/about-us

The admins jumped too quickly to the 'boom headshot' without actually reading the damn site they were quoting.

http://prmax.co.uk/products

hmmm...

Doesn't look like a PR firm...
Is anyone paying attention to these posts? There is no proof the OP works in PR.

And even if he did -- he could be doing PR for billions of things aside from Microsoft. Does everyone here think every person in PR is paid to have all the opinions they do?

hal9001

Banned
Lol.

I can't believe people get paid for this.

It runs deeper than you think. Many Governments, companies and various organisations pay extravagant amounts to put their messages in positive light or to spread malicious false disinformation about the opposing side.

Jarlaxle

I don't understand why he got banned. Earlier in another thread today he admitted to working in the PR sector. Just look through his post history.

L Thammy

So Microsoft is paying for this "service?" Should we not be calling them out on this bullshit?

Astroturfing is a reality nowadays. The mods can ban them when they can detect them, but the entire point of astroturfing is to pretend to be a regular customer, so most of them aren't detected.

Microsoft is hardly the only company to astroturf, even on this site. Sony does it. EA does it. Nintendo probably does it, but I haven't seen evidence of that one.

ypo

MS really still believes this kind of shitty astroturfing going to help? So out of touch. Nothing changed in the *new* leadership. They deserve to stay as the bottom feeder.

shandy706

I figured the OP was banned either way.

I think it's regular members jumping to the conclusion he worked for MS. As usual....and despite any correction, they'll log this as an official MS thing.

Oh well....the ban was still coming either way. Totally losing it on here is funny and sad....at least try not to sound like it is personal or that you're angry.

Haha this is great, just read the topic from that Borderlands 1 PR guy yesterday. They do not learn...

Edit: PR guy or not, both topic read in a similar fashion and ended up with the same results!

Neiteio

That's even worse.
No it's not. Do you know what a PR contact database is? The OP compiles a list of PR agencies that other companies can use. He doesn't do any PR work himself.

And again, even if he did, you'd have to prove Microsoft is one of his clients. Otherwise, you may be banning him for having a genuine, unpaid opinion.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Hmm. It's still odd that a "Nintendo + PC" gamer who works for a company affiliated with PR companies would labor so much over a post for a console they apparently don't focus on.

The TR unclear time exclusivity announcement didn't seem to have the effect MS expected, huh? That's quite a quick and specific response of that PR firm. Apart from getting caught, that's quite a laughable attempt to turn the tides on GAF haha

I hope all accounts associated with that email domain are banned now?
edit: or not? ups?

Makonero

Well if he wasn't PR, it makes me feel better. He was one of the few in the Zelda thread sticking up for puzzles.

#ZeldaisBetterWithPuzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom