• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

TitusGroan? I vaguely remember the username, but I don't remember why.

Who do we think was paying him? Seems to be Microsoft, but he also talked about Wii U and other platforms.

Lol.

I can't believe people get paid for this.

Well, to be fair, they don't want you to believe it.

AmyS

Are you series OP ?

Neogaf1.gif

This is funny, and I wonder if it media sites will pick up on it.

...but what is the response for Sony buying out Tomb Raider? I never knew that.

Neiteio

Uhm, yeah, I think we can safely assume that this is part of their cleaning operations.
I'm not sure what you mean by "cleaning operations," but as Stet said:

Stet said:
PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

So ban him for having a tantrum, but not for being an astroturfing shill.
I mean, at this rate, if anyone had the misfortune to sign up here with a PR account, they'd probably be best-served not to have strong opinions about anything, because otherwise they'll be accused of being paid off by Nintendo, Sony, etc, regardless of whether it can proven that their PR work is actually done for said company.

Heck, even if this guy were in PR (and if Stet is correct, it appears he makes a database of contacts -for- PR, not actual PR work himself), for all we know he might do PR work for Sony, ha.

EmpReb

Banned
Just wow on the quick draw of the Ban gun. Its like the wild west here. At least we got good sheriffs with great aim. So much lols.

samn

PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

So ban him for having a tantrum, but not for being an astroturfing shill.

Precisely.

Look at the about page. It talks about software. There is no mention anywhere of services relating to actually conducting public relations.

http://prmax.co.uk/about-us

The admins jumped too quickly to the 'boom headshot' without actually reading the damn site they were quoting.

E92 M3

Lol at first I thought this thread was about someone trying to not get confused as a PR person haha.

In all actuality PR people need to smarten up: Writing a dissertation about the Xbox One will get you noticed and most of the time will not be read completely. Nonetheless, it was funny.

Duster

From that wikipedia link :
(It is a UK company right?)

The United Kingdom has the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations[8] which prohibits "Falsely representing oneself as a consumer." They allow for up to two years in prison and unlimited fines for breaches.[4] Additionally, the advertising industry in the UK has adopted many voluntary policies, such as the Code of Non-Broadcast Advertising, Sale, Promotion and Direct Marketing. A trade association, the Advertising Standards Authority, investigates complaints of breaches. The policy requires that marketing professionals not mislead their audience, including by omitting a disclosure of their material connection.[4]

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
KAPOW KAPOW

I AM THE BEAR WHO SHOOTS

a5BHO6S.jpg
WHPDtCG.gif

I've always wondered about this shooting fish in a barrel. Especially if you're a bear. Like, if you shoot these fish, how are you gonna eat them after? They're probably pretty mangled. If you're not shooting them to eat them, then why do so in the first place? For fun? Doesn't seem very sporting, but I guess that's the point, emphasizing the fact that it's so easy it's not even interesting.

Still, that bear looks awfully smug.

Squalor

I've always wondered about this shooting fish in a barrel. Especially if you're a bear. Like, if you shoot these fish, how are you gonna eat them after? They're probably pretty mangled. If you're not shooting them to eat them, then why do so in the first place? For fun? Doesn't seem very sporting, but I guess that's the point, emphasizing the fact that it's so easy it's not even interesting.

Still, that bear looks awfully smug.
It has nothing to do with eating them. It's about making a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom