• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Update Incoming: Change Time of Day, HUD Off, 30FPS Option

GHG

Ok this is awesome. I rarely buy games full price these days but Sucker Punch deserve my cash for this one. Great game and by the sounds of it this update will be amazing. Everything i hoped for is coming in this one.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I liked the uncapped framerate in Tomb Raider: DE, but SS is too close to 30fps too much of the time. AC IV's capped (and locked) 30fps looked a lot better. SS looks about as smooth as a 20fps game some of the time even when it's running double that.
Loving this announcement.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I really hope Sony is getting the hint here. But the experience was still cheapened for the day 1 fan.

Listening to feedback from retail buyers and making big changes to your game. That means you were a $60 beta tester doing a job to enhance the experience for the $40 penny pinching gamer.
So what you're saying, is that developers should never ever patch games, because it makes the game worse for the people that bought it first.

Seems legit.

BigDug13

So what you're saying, is that developers should never ever patch games, because it makes the game worse for the people that bought it first.

Seems legit.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Really intelligent takeaway from my entire point you had there.

Persona7

Banned
The only problem I have with day one or soon after launch updates is when they release a HUGE update that fixes a ton of things and adds new content. Like what happened with this game.

I don't like it because the content on the disk is basically incomplete and if you want to play the game in ten years who knows if the update servers will still be available.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Really intelligent takeaway from my entire point you had there.

So..it would have been better not to fix it for people?

I get the impression that they didn't know it was going to be an issue for as many people as it seems to be for.

BigDug13

So..it would have been better not to fix it for people?

I get the impression that they didn't know it was going to be an issue for as many people as it seems to be for.

After the Killzone patch months prior for the exact same thing, they didn't know people wanted a frame limit option prior to release? Oh-Kay...

But it's fine. Everyone is going to be apologetic towards devs and day 1 buyers. I'm just not going to be buying games on day 1 ever again.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Did you not see where I'm "Just Poking Fun At You" ? I took out the second part that said "Chill". I get your point, there are some features that should be standard in games like this Day One. Unfortunately, they were not this time. And if anyone is unsatisfied with that experience being a constant in today's industry they should either not buy those games, or wait until it had been patched and maybe even a pricedrop too. You have a good point, but you phrased it in such an awful way that I could even pull that last joke out of it.

EDIT : Also, come on man! That's the dumbest statement ever. Did you really think I was serious? Give me some credit.

Theecliff

Banned
After the Killzone patch months prior for the exact same thing, they didn't know people wanted a frame limit option prior to release? Oh-Kay...

But it's fine. Everyone is going to be apologetic towards devs and day 1 buyers. I'm just not going to be buying games on day 1 ever again.
You're acting like the frame limiter wasn't in for day 1 because it was cut to rush the game out or something. They've added it because of people's responses. Why is this such a bad thing to you?

I'd understand why you're so mad if they were adding some sort of new gameplay mechanic or a new ending or something huge into the game via a patch that does actually affect most peoples experiences in a big way. Hell, I'd understand if the game had a horrendous framerate that was affecting everyone who bought it day 1 and this patch was fixing it, but it's not; it's adding a togglable frame limiter, something that a few people were asking for.

jooso

The unlocked framerate really isn't my cup of tea, the only bad thing about Second Son for me so far. Didn't like it in the first Infamous, don't like it now. Really glad that the devs actually listen to what people want.

farisr

After the Killzone patch months prior for the exact same thing, they didn't know people wanted a frame limit option prior to release? Oh-Kay....

No, they didn't. inFAMOUS games have always had the framerate unlocked. Killzone games on the other hand have not.

I for one have problems with the unlocked framerate in Killzone, and don't have any problems with it being in inFAMOUS. They prefer the game with unlocked framerate as well and didn't expect there to be a significant number of people requesting the feature.

thelastword

Banned
I liked the uncapped framerate in Tomb Raider: DE, but SS is too close to 30fps too much of the time. AC IV's capped (and locked) 30fps looked a lot better. SS looks about as smooth as a 20fps game some of the time even when it's running double that.
Loving this announcement.
A game cannot look 20fps if it's not, this does not makes sense. As far as I'm concerned, an unlocked framerate should be the standard setting with there being an option for a locked 30 in the menu for those who prefer that.

I wish ACIV's framerate wasn't locked, so how about those people who prefer an unlocked framerate like me then?

Cubed

I'm one of those that falls on the unlocked framerate side. Give an option to lock at 30; cool. However, personally, I like Shadowfall and Second Son the way they are.

I don't see the fluctuations that some apparently do. As long as it's 30fps and above, I'm fine if it flows between 30 and 60. Only when it drops below 30 does it bug me, and it doesn't in those two games (except maybe once in a blue moon).

Top Bottom