• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

scitek

iL9uc5SCqK4w3.png

i9YXpzQwrkFkE.png

i6JLJ5BYVSijH.png

Shaneus

Didn't realise that abload is another that compresses images slightly, so here's that last screen, but on minus:
izYDqG8fVqTAu.JPG

Gigantic pain in the arse to get uncompressed, but worth it IMO. Still not entirely happy (I can see compression around her head and that low-colour macro blocking thing around the clouds) but I'm sick of trying to get it looking any better.

Hoodbury

Tried playing around with photo mode a little last night and had some issues controlling the camera. Feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. It was always so zoomed in on Delsin that once even the camera was inside is skull and I could see his eye balls and tongue and teeth. Was creepy.

Either I'm doing it wrong or I was hoping for more of a free roaming camera. Why was I having so much trouble? I couldn't zoom out. Tried doing some action shots and neon zooming up buildings shots but could not get the camera to move away so it was always awkwardly close and upside down or twisted.

scitek

Tried playing around with photo mode a little last night and had some issues controlling the camera. Feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. It was always so zoomed in on Delsin that once even the camera was inside is skull and I could see his eye balls and tongue and teeth. Was creepy.

Either I'm doing it wrong or I was hoping for more of a free roaming camera. Why was I having so much trouble? I couldn't zoom out. Tried doing some action shots and neon zooming up buildings shots but could not get the camera to move away so it was always awkwardly close and upside down or twisted.

To zoom out increase the field of view. I generally mess with the pan/tilt/roll more than anything else. Then the DOF when I have it framed.

Ricky_R

Few more. Third one is a cut-scene which was not taken with the photo mode, but I really liked his face animation and wanted to post it.

ibx8u3txNu7Sch.jpg

ipJgVK38zpVQD.jpg

ic5UWdGklUzUp.jpg

I can't believe this is a launch window game, yo. Seriously. The shots in here are insanely good. SP on beast mode. THIS is how you support a game, folks!

Caayn

From what I can tell, there's some kind of AA applied, but I can't see anything else. Similar thing to what I noticed in photo mode in PGR4... if you shift the camera a tiny bit, you can see part of the actual image before it does whatever (basic) post-processing to tidy it up a little. Some aliasing definitely disappears when doing that in SS.
Are you sure? Just took two shots, one normal and one photo mode, at exactly the same location but the aliasing is the same in both shots. I didn't alter anything, just clicked L3 and share nothing more.

Namikaze1

BlgmGBDIgAADTF9.jpg:orig

"Don't worry! Good old' Delsin is here to help! Not!"

Blglui1CUAAnL9M.jpg:orig

"I hate hipsters!"
Ignore the color grading menu on the side. I forgot to hide it when I captured this shot. It was moments after the game resume I noticed I forgot to hide it.

BlgpInYIEAAOTfl.jpg:orig

"Cool guys don't look at explo- wait! Oh crap!"

ron_bato

It's really amazing how detailed everything is, especially because no one would've ever noticed this without the photo mode.

iDlng4OXKjR7E.jpg

Mah goodness. This one is just ridiculous. That is amazing attention to detail. If this photo was used for marketing before the game was released I would have called this a bullshot.

Ploid 3.0

You might say, we have a new... benchmark.

(laughing uncontrollably)

Edit: man dat chain. Imagine seeing this thread a week before the game launched.

Member 345: Bullshot

Member 784: Bullshot

Member 11355: Bullshot

Member 52: Bullshotsssssssssssssss

This game is drop dead gorgeous.

Zomba13

Some more pics.

BlgvJY8IAAAZQ1g.jpg:orig

BlgwkikIAAAAXaj.jpg:orig

(probably better portrait)

BlgxON6IEAI-WL6.jpg:orig

I have more but will wait a few posts so as not to exploit the topic.

Top Bottom