• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

rdrr gnr

Woah, moslty tl;dr

So you only purchase a system based on the promise of launch titles? Launch titles are quite often underwhelming and quickly forgotten. All Microsoft's launch window retail games, except Forza 5, are 3rd party exclusives. That doesn't give me much confidence that their first party studios will release some good games soon.
Not to deny that there are people for whom a particular title is the sole purpose of new hardware, but what you are seeing is essentially the few arguments that can't be remedied via logical decision-making. Can't win in any other category? Adhere to the unyielding, fervent appeal of exclusive title x.

For you and I, yes. But some people don't mind spending the extra money for the exclusives, kinect, TV and snap features. Doesn't make sense to defend those who talk like there is only one console that everyone should like.

I see nothing wrong with somebody saying "You should hold company x to a higher standard." There's no harm in telling people to expect more from companies that are clearly underdelivering on hardware performance. The issue is the price of the console here. If the Xbox One was $400-$350 without Kinect, a lot of these comparison issues would be gone.

Perkel

Banned
americanpie720pz5pik.gif

Hahaha daaaaamn

wowlace

I don't get it. I just don't. During ps360 times, so many gaming sites would explicitly say the 360 version was superior, the one to purchase, due to relatively minor differences. Now when the gap between PS4 and XB1 is this big, we have differences where one version is outputting more than twice the pixels, yet all I'm seeing are gaming sites saying it doesn't matter, its not indicative of anything etc. It truly is baffling.

Money talks.

Blackage

No problem, just find me a system for the same price or better than an Xbox One, where I can play some of the same exclusive games, have a camera style device that works as well with it as the new Kinect does the Xbox One, and where I can also enjoy the same features and services. If you can find me such a system, or even a combination of devices or products that do this for $500 or better, and can then proceed to promise me that I'll be able to play Ryse, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Swery's D4, Forza Motorsport 5, and in which there will also be a very high chance that most of the games released for the system will benefit from dedicated servers that are provided to developers free of charge, then feel free to point me in the right direction. I'll gladly cancel my Xbox One pre-order on the spot if such a system exists at a better price than the cost of an Xbox One.

Now, obviously there's some sarcasm there, because there is literally no other system that can be found anywhere in the world that will offer the same exact thing as what the Xbox One will be offering for $500. Some of these games are important to people, some of the features are important to people. This is why some need to understand why some of us aren't driven up the wall to cancel our pre-orders, or to declare that we have no further interest in the Xbox One when a game like Call of Duty ghosts (a franchise I have not purchased since modern warfare 2) is not running at a specific resolution in comparison to the PlayStation 4 version of the game. For individuals in which the subject of this thread is a make or break issue, they have every right to determine that an Xbox One is too weak for their needs, or has no games of big enough interest to warrant their attention, and proceed to cancel their pre-orders. It's your money, and you can't very well buy something you don't feel good about. That's something we should all respect.

However, it doesn't seem to work so well in the reverse. We need to also respect that there are people who don't share that same view. There are people out there for whom there are bigger issues than the PS4 simply being a more powerful videogames console than the Xbox One, or, yes, even issues bigger than the PS4 costing $100 less. People say Sony has the best first party studios in the world, and they do indeed have some of the best first party studios in the world, but they do not have all of the best in the world. Just as you'll have incredible first party games coming to the PS4, ones in which I will certainly buy a PS4 to play, there will also be incredible first party or otherwise titles coming to the Xbox One. In fact, quite a few are available at launch on either system depending on which titles managed to sink their hooks in deeper. You can tell by my avatar which launch title has me the most excited right now. It sure as heck isn't all about exclusives, though, we know that, but don't be surprised to get a bit of defiance when people openly wonder what reasons there could possibly be for anyone to even remotely consider an Xbox One purchase at this point. The simple answer is for the price you're paying no other system or combination of products will give you access to all the things an Xbox One does at $500. I have no qualms buying the "inferior" version of a game, because, really, only I determine whether or not it meets certain minimum standards that I approve of. And should a game not meet those then I'll buy that game on a system that does. It's really quite simple.

Let's for a moment forget features, and assume the PS4 and the Xbox One simply had all the same games, PS4 has Ryse, it has Halo, it has Quantum Break, Xbox One also has Uncharted, God of War, The Order 1866, you get the idea. In such a circumstance there's no way in hell I would ever purchase an Xbox One for $100 more while it's also the weaker system of the two. I would also advice anybody I know to not purchase such a system either, but, as is obvious, the circumstances aren't quite so simple. I go first and foremost where games I'm much more interested in playing can be found, not where they can't be. For me Microsoft are doing a better job at launch with games I want most. I'll buy a PS4 when I think the time is right to do so.

Excellent post.

I'm approaching the XOne like I approached the Wii and will approach the Wii U, wait for a significant price drop, buy it used and then enjoy all those exclusives. :)

viveks86

I see nothing wrong with somebody saying "You should hold company x to a higher standard." There's no harm in telling people to expect more from companies that are clearly underdelivering on hardware performance. The issue is the price of the console here. If the Xbox One was $400-$350 without Kinect, a lot of these comparison issues would be gone.

You think so? Comparisons would happen regardless. Also, I don't subscribe to the idea of telling people what their standards should be. That's their choice as consumers and adults.

Woah, moslty tl;dr

So you only purchase a system based on the promise of launch titles? Launch titles are quite often underwhelming and quickly forgotten. All Microsoft's launch window retail games, except Forza 5, are 3rd party exclusives. That doesn't give me much confidence that their first party studios will release some good games soon.

Really? You seriously didn't get what I was saying? Maybe you should have read it all, you wouldn't have assumed that my reasoning rests solely based on launch titles. :) It rests on games I refuse to miss, and which of the two system's games lineups, right now(this can very easily change), short term and long term, excite me the most. I'm not exactly locked in a single choice here. I knew immediately before these two systems were ever announced that I was going to buy them both.

For the Xbox my reason was Halo.
For the PS4 my reason was Uncharted.

So, it's already been established that I would own both, so now it's a matter of which, in my view, impresses me the most out of the gate enough for me to take the leap at a purchase. I originally felt boxed in on this question, because I knew there was a very good chance that Watch Dogs would end up being superior on the PS4. Simply being superior isn't good enough for me. It has to be decisive with the system that's on the losing end simply having a version of the game that I simply refuse to spend my money on. So it's not enough for one version to be better. The other one has to be in what I would consider unsatisfactory condition also.

The Xbox One launch had me at hello. It really did, which is what had me considering grabbing Watch Dogs on the Xbox One if I determined that I liked the way it turned out on the system. So now my next decision was do I also buy the PS4 at launch, or do I wait. Watch Dogs was the game on which that decision hinged. I was waiting to see how it turned out between the PS4 and Xbox One. BF4 and COD are interesting cause I like to pay attention, but they aren't the comparisons that I really want to see. I want to see a Witcher 3 comparison on both systems. I want to see a Destiny comparison on both systems. I want to see a Division comparison, a Kingdom hearts 3 comparison, a Final fantasy 14 comparison, a GTA next gen comparison. For me personally as a gamer, the big comparisons that I care the most about haven't happened yet. I'm not too interested in the sports comparisons because I'm automatically getting those for the Xbox One for two reasons: I will no doubt like the Xbox One controller more, even though I haven't touched the PS4 controller yet, and because of the possibility that they will take advantage of the free dedicated servers on xbox one.

So anyway Watch Dogs was delayed, thus making my decision to go only Xbox One for launch far easier. I stress the importance of not just games, but features and services of these two systems also, because they really do matter more than the other silliness. I'm genuinely excited about Kinect, so much so that even in the event that I don't like how Witcher 3 turns out on the system, I feel a bit tempted to go with the Xbox One version because they're implementing Kinect specific enhancements for Witcher 3, and I find that prospect really exciting, but I have confident they'll do an amazing job with both systems. If COD is THE must have game for a person, then this revelation is probably a megaton for such an individual. The most interesting thing about ghosts to me was the Eminem connection. :)

Excellent post.

I'm approaching the XOne like I approached the Wii and will approach the Wii U, wait for a significant price drop, buy it used and then enjoy all those exclusives. :)

Yep, that's the right approach. I'm also keeping my eye on a Wii-U at some point also. If there's a game on any platform that catches my interest, I simply can't pass on it, and it's really hard to do and manage all the games, but i'd regret never experience those games.

zonezeus

That said I bought a 360 for the exclusives I was excited about, turned out I was late for the Halo 3 party and Halo sucked onward. I picked up Gears Trilogy, DR1, and basically my 360 became a paperweight thereafter...
The other "exclusives" I was able to get on PC like Alan Wake,State of Decay,Left4Deads, Fable 3 etc... Looking back in the end all i could think was

Are you me? I haven't even seen my Xbox in well over a year, it's just bouncing around from one friend to another with the same tiny collection of games, almost entirely composed of early cool stuff like first two Gears, DR, Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey.

You think so? Comparisons would happen regardless. Also, I don't subscribe to the idea of telling people what their standards should be. That's their choice as consumers and adults.

Nobody is doing it in any authoritative manner. Nothing is wrong with others challenging your standards with a point or two. Personal taste isn't some sort of shielded area that is free from criticism. I'd rather people say "I don't really agree with your standard and here is why" than say "well that is your standard and I have no business to critique it."

Really? You seriously didn't get what I was saying? Maybe you should have read it all, you wouldn't have assumed that my reasoning rests solely based on launch titles. :) It rests on games I refuse to miss, and which of the two system's games lineups, right now(this can very easily change), short term and long term, excite me the most. I'm not exactly locked in a single choice here. I knew immediately before these two systems were ever announced that I was going to buy them both.

For the Xbox my reason was Halo.
For the PS4 my reason was Uncharted.

So, it's already been established that I would own both, so now it's a matter of which, in my view, impresses me the most out of the gate enough for me to take the leap at a purchase. I originally felt boxed in on this question, because I knew there was a very good chance that Watch Dogs would end up being superior on the PS4. Simply being superior isn't good enough for me. It has to be decisive with the system that's on the losing end simply having a version of the game that I simply refuse to spend my money on. So it's not enough for one version to be better. The other one has to be in what I would consider unsatisfactory condition also.

The Xbox One launch had me at hello. It really did, which is what had me considering grabbing Watch Dogs on the Xbox One if I determined that I liked the way it turned out on the system. So now my next decision was do I also buy the PS4 at launch, or do I wait. Watch Dogs was the game on which that decision hinged. I was waiting to see how it turned out between the PS4 and Xbox One. BF4 and COD are interesting cause I like to pay attention, but they aren't the comparisons that I really want to see. I want to see a Witcher 3 comparison on both systems. I want to see a Destiny comparison on both systems. I want to see a Division comparison, a Kingdom hearts 3 comparison, a Final fantasy 14 comparison, a GTA next gen comparison. For me personally as a gamer, the big comparisons that I care the most about haven't happened yet. I'm not too interested in the sports comparisons because I'm automatically getting those for the Xbox One for two reasons: I will no doubt like the Xbox One controller more, even though I haven't touched the PS4 controller yet, and because of the possibility that they will take advantage of the free dedicated servers on xbox one.

So anyway Watch Dogs was delayed, thus making my decision to go only Xbox One for launch far easier. I stress the importance of not just games, but features and services of these two systems also, because they really do matter more than the other silliness. I'm genuinely excited about Kinect, so much so that even in the event that I don't like how Witcher 3 turns out on the system, I feel a bit tempted to go with the Xbox One version because they're implementing Kinect specific enhancements for Witcher 3, and I find that prospect really exciting, but I have confident they'll do an amazing job with both systems. If COD is THE must have game for a person, then this revelation is probably a megaton for such an individual. The most interesting thing about ghosts to me was the Eminem connection. :)
Why did the delay of a multiplatform game make the decision to go Xbox One easier?

Raide

Nobody is doing it in any authoritative manner. Nothing is wrong with others challenging your standards with a point or two. Personal taste isn't some sort of shielded area that is free from criticism. I'd rather people say "I don't really agree with your standard and here is why" than say "well that is your standard and I have no business to critique it."

Why did the delay of a multiplatform game make the decision to go Xbox One easier?

If only this was how it happened.

The appropriate price for the console given the hardware performance is sub £200/$300. It would be a valid option at that price, a fair trade of price vs. performance. At a similar price point to the PS4, it comes off as a joke, at a higher price it comes off as some grand conspiracy/scam. There's just no justification for that ridiculous £430 price point.

Raide

The appropriate price for the console given the hardware performance is sub £200/$300. It would be a valid option at that price, a fair trade of price vs. performance. At a similar price point to the PS4, it comes off as a joke, at a higher price it comes off as some grand conspiracy/scam. There's just no justification for that ridiculous £430 price point.

And yet some people pay $1000+ for a PC graphics card to play exactly the same games, just with more features turned on and higher knobs twiddled.

People will justify the price based upon features and games. Also, I am sure a good few people will be trading in old consoles, so the £430 is bound to drop. My Wii-U and 360 are probably getting traded in, since they are both collecting dust at present.

And yet some people pay $1000+ for a PC graphics card to play exactly the same games, just with more features turned on and higher knobs twiddled.

People will justify the price based upon features and games. Also, I am sure a good few people will be trading in old consoles, so the £430 is bound to drop. My Wii-U and 360 are probably getting traded in, since they are both collecting dust at present.

Yeah and people are free to say buying a Titan isn't a very cost-effective decision for performance. Nobody's here trying to tell people what to do in any authoritative fashion. If my friend told me he wanted to buy a Titan, I'd tell him he's better off spending that money a different way and get a more cost-effective performance. He's free to hear me out or dismiss it. I don't get the desire to put opinion behind this protective veil from debate. It's opinions you debate, not facts.

Raide

Yeah and people are free to say buying a Titan isn't a very cost-effective decision for performance. Nobody's here trying to tell people what to do in any authoritative fashion. If my friend told me he wanted to buy a Titan, I'd tell him he's better off spending that money a different way and get a more cost-effective performance. He's free to hear me out or dismiss it. I don't get the desire to put opinion behind this protective veil from debate. It's opinions you debate, not facts.

If this was the case we would have most threads being about 2 or 3 pages instead of 50+. The internet thrives on it. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its just grating. You do have to get a thicker skin when floating around the interwebs.

viveks86

Expressing disagreement is different from judging someone's standard as low compared to one's own. The former is acceptable and encourages a healthy debate. The latter is just rude, narrow minded and condescending. I think you see the difference. There are many who don't.

I was already guaranteed to buy the Xbox One, no matter what happened with any of the multi-platforms. However, Watch Dog's delay, since it was a comparison between the two systems I was really interested in (do I buy it for the xbox one? Do I make it my primary PS4 game at launch?), made me almost certain that I couldn't justify keeping my PS4 pre-order at launch.

Watch Dog's delay did more to affect my ps4 pre-order than it had any impact on my decision to buy an Xbox One. I was pretty much sold on the Xbox One based on what had been announced to that point, and based on what was coming at launch. Finding out Ryse was more ambitious than I originally thought? Well, that made me go nuts. For awhile there, Dead Rising 3 was easily my most anticipated launch game, but Ryse rocketed right past it for me. Only other game at launch that came close to matching the excitement I built up for Ryse and Dead Rising 3 was Watch Dogs, so it was a pretty pivotal delay for me.

And you make a good point, but I generally like to tread carefully when picking apart other's personal opinions. I have no issue mixing it up every now and then, but there are lines that I don't cross. But yea, I agree on stating that you disagree with a standard, and then pointing out why. The problem with that is it tends to get really personal pretty fast, which just makes you not want to bother.

No problem, just find me a system for the same price or better than an Xbox One, where I can play some of the same exclusive games, have a camera style device that works as well with it as the new Kinect does the Xbox One, and where I can also enjoy the same features and services. If you can find me such a system, or even a combination of devices or products that do this for $500 or better, and can then proceed to promise me that I'll be able to play Ryse, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Swery's D4, Forza Motorsport 5, and in which there will also be a very high chance that most of the games released for the system will benefit from dedicated servers that are provided to developers free of charge, then feel free to point me in the right direction. I'll gladly cancel my Xbox One pre-order on the spot if such a system exists at a better price than the cost of an Xbox One.

Now, obviously there's some sarcasm there, because there is literally no other system that can be found anywhere in the world that will offer the same exact thing as what the Xbox One will be offering for $500. Some of these games are important to people, some of the features are important to people. This is why some need to understand why some of us aren't driven up the wall to cancel our pre-orders, or to declare that we have no further interest in the Xbox One when a game like Call of Duty ghosts (a franchise I have not purchased since modern warfare 2) is not running at a specific resolution in comparison to the PlayStation 4 version of the game. For individuals in which the subject of this thread is a make or break issue, they have every right to determine that an Xbox One is too weak for their needs, or has no games of big enough interest to warrant their attention, and proceed to cancel their pre-orders. It's your money, and you can't very well buy something you don't feel good about. That's something we should all respect.

However, it doesn't seem to work so well in the reverse. We need to also respect that there are people who don't share that same view. There are people out there for whom there are bigger issues than the PS4 simply being a more powerful videogames console than the Xbox One, or, yes, even issues bigger than the PS4 costing $100 less. People say Sony has the best first party studios in the world, and they do indeed have some of the best first party studios in the world, but they do not have all of the best in the world. Just as you'll have incredible first party games coming to the PS4, ones in which I will certainly buy a PS4 to play, there will also be incredible first party or otherwise titles coming to the Xbox One. In fact, quite a few are available at launch on either system depending on which titles managed to sink their hooks in deeper. You can tell by my avatar which launch title has me the most excited right now. It sure as heck isn't all about exclusives, though, we know that, but don't be surprised to get a bit of defiance when people openly wonder what reasons there could possibly be for anyone to even remotely consider an Xbox One purchase at this point. The simple answer is for the price you're paying no other system or combination of products will give you access to all the things an Xbox One does at $500. I have no qualms buying the "inferior" version of a game, because, really, only I determine whether or not it meets certain minimum standards that I approve of. And should a game not meet those then I'll buy that game on a system that does. It's really quite simple.

Let's for a moment forget features, and assume the PS4 and the Xbox One simply had all the same games, PS4 has Ryse, it has Halo, it has Quantum Break, Xbox One also has Uncharted, God of War, The Order 1866, you get the idea. In such a circumstance there's no way in hell I would ever purchase an Xbox One for $100 more while it's also the weaker system of the two. I would also advice anybody I know to not purchase such a system either, but, as is obvious, the circumstances aren't quite so simple. I go first and foremost where games I'm much more interested in playing can be found, not where they can't be. For me Microsoft are doing a better job at launch with games I want most. I'll buy a PS4 when I think the time is right to do so.

Reads like goddamn Microsoft PR.

SenjutsuSage said:
There are people out there for whom there are bigger issues than the PS4 simply being a more powerful videogames console than the Xbox One, or, yes, even issues bigger than the PS4 costing $100 less.

To all 10 of those people, I congratulate you for being different.

SenjutsuSage said:
I have no qualms buying the "inferior" version of a game, because, really, only I determine whether or not it meets certain minimum standards that I approve of.

It's fine to have a standard that is minimum one million pixels less than that of others. Low hoop to jump through.

Your posts are quite formulaic. They attempt to be fair grounded. You state "if another system has requirements X or is less than Y, I will go to that system". But then you imply no other system does and that's why you're choosing the Xbox 1. It is derivative of a strawman tactic.

Some of us do not fear walls of text.

Expressing disagreement is different from judging someone's standard as low compared to one's own. The former is acceptable and encourages a healthy debate. The latter is just rude, narrow minded and condescending. I think you see the difference. There are many who don't.

You can have disagreements in standards. I see nothing rude, narrow minded or condescending about simply saying "Hey man, Microsoft isn't really giving you a fair price for the hardware they are giving you. The games seem to be underperforming for that price. Maybe you should reconsider their value proposition." That sort of talking is good for consumers. More educated consumers make for more accountable businesses. If everybody knew about this whole 720p thing and what it meant, it would be a huge loss for MS and cause them to shift their business to a method that better fits the customer.

I'm not going to worry about hurting somebody's feelings by pointing out to them that the console they're excited to buy might not be quite what they thought it was. They're free to dismiss me and I'm not going to harp on it or try to pick every battle about it.

madmackem

Which ever way people spin it it isnt a good sign that this more expensive console is showing signs of weakness right out the gate, i will have all as i love gaming and theres enough on all systems to make me want them, however it does totally knock some of my launch day confidence in the xboxone that its struggle across all fronts to hit 1080p and its cemented it as my exclusive game only box like my wii u.

Timurse

Banned
Guys, my iPad can run games like Infinity Blade 2 and Real Racing 3 in 2048x1536 natively. Just let this thought slowly sink into your mind. And the new iPad Air can even do that with 4xAA and 8xAF.

Reads like goddamn Microsoft PR.

To all 10 of those people, I congratulate you for being different.

It's fine to have a standard that is minimum one million pixels less than that of others. Low hoop to jump through.

Your posts are quite formulaic. They attempt to be fair grounded. You state "if another system has requirements X or is less than Y, I will go to that system". But then you imply no other system does and that's why you're choosing the Xbox 1. It is derivative of a strawman tactic.

Guys, my iPad can run games like Infinity Blade 2 and Real Racing 3 in 2048x1536 natively. Just let this thought slowly sink into your mind. And the new iPad Air can even do that with 4xAA and 8xAF.

lol kinda not the same thing. They could have run BF4 at 1080p or 900p on xbox one. They would have just made serious sacrifices to performance or graphics, or both, to do so. In the end they made the best decision for the game. Let me know when that Ipad runs BF4 at close to pretty much high PC settings at anything at 720p or above. :p
Some of us do not fear walls of text.

Yes, reads like Microsoft PR because I'm excited about all of those exclusive games that I can't get anywhere but on an Xbox One. Up to you to take it or leave it, but they absolutely make the Xbox One's price worth it in my eyes.

Respect though. You actually read it. :)

I was already guaranteed to buy the Xbox One, no matter what happened with any of the multi-platforms. However, Watch Dog's delay, since it was a comparison between the two systems I was really interested in (do I buy it for the xbox one? Do I make it my primary PS4 game at launch?), made me almost certain that I couldn't justify keeping my PS4 pre-order at launch.

Watch Dog's delay did more to affect my ps4 pre-order than it had any impact on my decision to buy an Xbox One. I was pretty much sold on the Xbox One based on what had been announced to that point, and based on what was coming at launch. Finding out Ryse was more ambitious than I originally thought? Well, that made me go nuts. For awhile there, Dead Rising 3 was easily my most anticipated launch game, but Ryse rocketed right past it for me. Only other game at launch that came close to matching the excitement I built up for Ryse and Dead Rising 3 was Watch Dogs, so it was a pretty pivotal delay for me.

I don't think anybody made any comparisons between the PS4 and Xbox One version. You're saying you were locked to get an Xbox One no matter how bad the multiplatform games were. A multiplatform games get delayed, but we also start hearing several multiplatform games running better on PS4 and at a higher resolution, and the delay is what causes you to not want the PS4? That just doesn't make sense. I'm not saying buying an Xbox One over the PS4 is a senseless decision. That's fine. But your reasoning for now deciding to not get the PS4 just seems like such a non-sequitur. It would be like me saying I decided to only get the PS4 instead of both because Watch Dogs got delayed and Sony said some of the PS4 features like Suspend/Resume wouldn't be around at launch. I'd suspect that would give you a very confused look.

lol. I think the Xbox One can run Tetris in 16k if you want. Your argument really really stupid. I hope its a joke

Judging by his post history, I seriously doubt he was ever considering buying a PS4.

madmackem

The only thing that annoys me about all this isnt the fanbois on either side thats expected its the fucking so called games journalists telling us it doesnt matter. Erm yes it does and its suppose to be part of your job to inform the reader of these differences. How do you know people wont notice the difference and why are you trying to make the choice for them.

Duxxy3

My biggest problem with the XB1 is simply price. I don't value the multimedia elements, outside of netflix which I can get anywhere. I don't watch television outside of patriots games. I never had any interest in kinect on 360 and have just as little on XB1. I don't even have a controller preference.

So for me it is a direct comparison of how the two systems play games, and at $100 more the system just does not logically make any sense for me. If the system was $300 or $350, it would make sense to me. I would be OK paying that price for that hardware.

Lothars

I was already guaranteed to buy the Xbox One, no matter what happened with any of the multi-platforms. However, Watch Dog's delay, since it was a comparison between the two systems .
I do have to say that your posts sound more like MS pr than most other posts comparing the systems, I am buying both systems at launch but I have no faith in MS to provide a great experience in the xbox one when I think they have failed to provide a good experience in the 360 for the last 2 years if not more especially with the rumored dashboard problems and everything.

If they succeed great but they will have to prove it where I feel Sony doesn't have to as much just from everything I've seen both companies claim.

Yes, reads like Microsoft PR because I'm excited about all of those exclusive games that I can't get anywhere but on an Xbox One. Up to you to take it or leave it, but they absolutely make the Xbox One's price worth it in my eyes.

Respect though. You actually read it. :)

You could also pick up a hammer and smash your own hand, braking your bones. You are perfectly within your right to do so.

It wouldn't make it any less of a stupid decision. Nore would it stop me from pointing a laughing at you

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Err, the Xbox One could very easily do the same and more (the framerate isn't excellent in those games anyways).

It's not as if resolution is the only factor here. The iPad could not run this Call of Duty game at 2048x1536.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I do believe that developers will have to put more effort behind dynamic resolution scaling this gen. The solution used by Killzone Mercenary on Vita, for instance, is really compelling. The resolution is variable, as we've seen in some other games, but interestingly, when you stand still, the resolution jumps back up to native regardless of what's happening. So during the course of play the game rarely ever feels as if it is dropping resolution. It's really incredible and something that the XB1 could really benefit from. PS4 could benefit as well. I mean, BF4 could have aimed for 1080p while dropping resolution to keep framerate up instead of simply sticking to 900p.

Good lord...

Now let me tell you about something that has not been brought up.. Interpolation frame enhancing. Hana 2 has a 1200/1200 motion engine that is direct to the frame buffer out put.. Yes I am talking television technology but hana2 or in the development world that scaler. 30fps can be enhanced up to 60fps. And every interpolation frame can in corporate 2x aa. Which will get ride of shimmering and smoother edges. So when you hear somebody say 30fps your not going to be getting that last gen 30fps.. And I prefer the enhanced motion. And it dont stop at 60fps ether :).

The only thing that annoys me about all this isnt the fanbois on either side thats expected its the fucking so called games journalists telling us it doesnt matter. Erm yes it does and its suppose to be part of your job to inform the reader of these differences. How do you know people wont notice the difference and why are you trying to make the choice for them.

Real journalist:

Would people notice the difference? Perform research by showing people running versions of both games and asking people for their input in the form of a survey response. Provide consumers with results.

Games journalist:

Thanks M$ for covering my heating bill this month. Your average gamer will not be able to tell the difference. Both systems are good.

Top Bottom