• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

King_Moc

Banned
Honestly, i don't see how MS not talking about the issue and using deliberately evasive language is not a red flag to some people. The only advantage MS has is a slightly better launch line up. But i'm not intending to only play my new console through the launch window.

Parablank

Just unbelievable:

Aaron Greenberg: You will see every game as (not 'at'!) 1080p

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/396066138875912192

so 720p is equal to 1080p? so deceptive

TaTdV.gif

Darksol

Splenda: "Tastes like sugar, because it's made from sugar."

Xbox One: "Looks like 1080p, because it's stretched to 1080p."

SSM25

Woah! What happened to the 1080p machine the one was labeled to be a few months ago? So much changed while I was gone..

Anyways, this is very telling... But at least its the same game gameplaywise on both platforms..

JLeack

Banned
And it spins. Spins. Spins... This is so intentionally deceptive. This Tim Dog guys obviously talks about native resolution and Greenberg answers with output resolution.

Why don't they understand that this is the kind of attitude that infuriates gamers and the reason why they are loosing all the goodwill they could gather with xbox 360? This is not incompetence any more, more like sabotage (maximum hyperbole! :)...

It's a system launch. Once again, totally blown out of proportion by people being short-sighted.

Woah! What happened to the 1080p machine the one was labeled to be a few months ago? So much changed while I was gone..

Anyways, this is very telling... But at least its the same game gameplaywise on both platforms..

Back at E3, because of EG first-impression articles and whatnot, every single XB1 title was assumed to be 1080p, CoD, BF4, Ryse, Forza, KI, etc.

So because XB1 had 2 1080p60fps titles, a certain group of vocal fanboys used that to laugh at PS4, which at that point of time, had no 60fps titles equivalent, since Shadowfall, Knack and DC were 30fps.

Well... we all know what happened since then. It keeps rolling down.

It's a system launch. Once again, totally blown out of proportion by people being short-sighted.

Well, you can understand why short sighted people would be annoyed with Xbone here... seeing as how far away from their TV they'll be needing to sit while playing on it.

Right now? Yea, Crytek are setting the bar imo. I haven't seen anything that looks more impressive. Actually, Quantum Break looks pretty amazing also, and that's also real game.

But what Crytek are doing isn't just being done in cutscenes. It's also being brought into the actual game itself during gameplay.

No. Big, fat no based on the new fight for rome trailer for Ryse. Crytek are doing incredible stuff with so many different characters in Ryse, it isn't just the main character. It looks better than dark sorcerer does, imo.

Ryse is not all that you think it is. They have impressive large character models that grab your eye but the rest of the environments aren't all that great.

Respawn

Banned
Phew

All my friends are getting Xbox Ones and in the end I'd rather battlefield at 720p with friends than 900p on PS4. But there's no way I could support MS at all if they resort to as blatant misdirection as trying to pass off PC footage as XB1 footage.

Its your choice but damn you guys can surely spin these days.

n385055

Banned
Just unbelievable:

Aaron Greenberg: You will see every game as (not 'at'!) 1080p

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/396066138875912192

Well, the game looks that crappy, so even in native 1080p it doesn't look good. Providing the fact Xbox One uses a good working hardware upscaler he's probably right (at the end of the day) that it doesn't make any difference.

Apart from the fact that his statement is pretty silly in such a position, putting native and upscaled on the same level.

Finalizer

I don't even see how it would go given one has an overwhelming bias towards a certain company and Amirox is just calling BS where he sees it as it's well known he's not a sony loyalist. You'd be arguing with someone not operating in the space of rational debate. His passive-aggressive "PS4 is good but Xbox is better" line is nothing different from penello's schtick, which is funny given one of them at least works for the company.

Oh, I didn't mean it needed to be about "muh console warz" or anything like that. Just an entertaining thought I had noticing Senjutsu's and Amirox's long posts in this and other threads. The actual content is kinda irrelevant; they could talk about their favorite pairs of lucky socks for all it really mattered.

Skeff

Well, the game looks that crappy, so even in native 1080p it doesn't look good. Providing the fact Xbox One uses a good working hardware upscaler he's probably right (at the end of the day) that it doesn't make any difference.

Apart from the fact that his statement is pretty silly in such a position, putting native and upscaled on the same level.

It does, It's going to be a big difference between 720 and 1080.

SHADES

Albert Penello Promises Comments on Xbox One and PS4 Resolution Differences “Once the Dust Settles”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...resolution-differences-once-the-dust-settles/

After the "do you really think we'll let them have a 30% advantage" & Major Nelson's "The truth will out" I've kinda given up on listening to anyone from MS at this point, it's agonising to hear! They should have given up the specs war long ago & centred their message on the XBone's strengths as we'd be past this by now, come to accept some multiplats will look better on PS4 & would be old news.

Just continually dragging yourself over the coals doesn't help anyone.

Respawn

Banned

Yes since February its all blown out of proportion. I guess PS4 achieving 1080p is a fluke and blown out of proportion. I wonder what spin will come later next year.

Well, you can understand why short sighted people would be annoyed with Xbone here... seeing as how far away from their TV they'll be needing to sit while playing on it.

I said dayum

King_Moc

Banned

The lower the resolution, the worse the upscaling will work. If there's no difference upscaling from 720p, then surely it's the same from 480p, or 240p? 720p isn't some magic number that just works perfectly. 1280 x 720 doesn't even go into 1920 x 1080, so the pixels are all off for a start.

That guy... screw that... MS's PR department in general have been spewing out an unholy amount of BS and have been twisting truths and moving goal posts like crazy. I wouldn't believe them even if they swore on their mothers.

The lower the resolution, the worse the upscaling will work. If there's no difference upscaling from 720p, then surely it's the same from 480p, or 240p? 720p isn't some magic number that just works perfectly. 1280 x 720 doesn't even go into 1920 x 1080, so the pixels are all off for a start.
And it has yet to be revealed this upscaler really is that good. For all we know, ANA and HANA were not upscalers on 360, Xenos did the job. Chances are then that XB1's GPU also does the job and, as PS4 gets an AMD GPU too, I wouldn't be too surprised both consoles use the same AMD hardware blocks for uspcale.

Jack_AG

Banned
So Al will spend days outlining and drafting a response to all of this... I can't fucking wait. Hey Al, BE FUCKING CAREFUL, we aren't stupid.

It may not make a BIG difference. But having less than half of the pixels the other version has and having to rely to a "post-production" method to fill 1080p arguing it looks good is not really a compelling argument in my eyes.

Top Bottom