• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

In other words, his response was misleading.

No... it wasn't. Again, he responded to a tweet stating 1080p is better than 720p by saying the XB1 IS outputting at 1080p. He isn't lying. He isn't being misleading. The XB1 IS outputting at 1080p. The tweet never specified native resolution so there was nothing to be mislead. Blame TimDog for a poorly worded tweet.

In other words, his response was misleading.

It was meant to be, that's the new company line we'll be seeing from Albert and Major Nelson

No... it wasn't. Again, he responded to a tweet stating 1080p is better than 720p by saying the XB1 IS outputting at 1080p. He isn't lying. He isn't being misleading. The XB1 IS outputting at 1080p. The tweet never specified native resolution so there was nothing to be mislead. Blame TimDog for a poorly worded tweet.

You're equally full of it dude. He knows what Tim was getting at.

Fletcher

Of course! But what they fail to realize is that they will continue to lose customers because of it.

Not really. When they can continue to get multiplatform games to look really good, not as good as ps4,but close enough for people who don't really know any better.

Then ever coming out and saying that they have a weaker system will just tag them with that. There would be no way to twist around that quote with any consumer. Period.

Oh fuck off. The context of the tweet was clear. It was definitely a misleading answer. There's no reason to, at the end of 2013, try to say that your console/DVD-player/whatever will be displaying 1080p on your 1080p TV. It's a given.

Chaplain

Then ever coming out and saying that they have a weaker system will just tag them with that. There would be no way to twist around that quote with any consumer. Period.

They are already tagged, and this tagging will continue to occur as more people become aware of the differences (largely due to GAF now). It would benefit them greatly right now to just admit their problem and take on Sony with all of the features that are better on their hardware.

Fletcher

They are already tagged, and this tagging will continue to occur as more people become aware of the differences (largely due to GAF now). It would benefit them greatly right now to just admit their problem and take on Sony with all of the features that are better on their hardware.

Again, man. Not really. I'm pretty sure you are greatly overestimating the gaf bubble.

Chobel

yeah, of course you can understand why. Jesus, don't MS realise they're doing more and more damage to their own company?

http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/famousmortimer-contacted-devs-issues-xbox-one/

There's also a tweet at the link from Famousmortimer that I've not seen before.

362TRDN.png

How bad are those OS problem?

Liamario

Banned
Anyone anticipating anything but spin from penello is kidding them self. I would advise ignoring everything he has to say unless your looking for some comedic entertainment.

kuroshiki

Dude.

That's just full of BS.

You need to excuse yourself from the conversation if you're so emotionally invested that going to resort to this.

It's a case of frustration with the spin rather than emotional investment. But point taken all the same.

Edit. Post above said what I was thinking, friendlier.

Yep, just like the Wii U. The Wii U just requires different design tradoffs as well, but it's 1080p glory days at the end.

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo can all check that box.

It's a case of frustration with the spin rather than emotional investment. But point taken all the same.

Edit. Post above said what I was thinking, friendlier.

I can understand the frustration

It really seems like the gaming media keeps moving back the goal posts time and again as each of the insider leaked rumors turn into reality

I just don't understand why they play down the differences this time round but were so easy to be critical last gen

It really seems like the gaming media keeps moving back the goal posts time and again as each of the insider leaked rumors turn into reality

I just don't understand why they play down the differences this time round but were so easy to be critical last gen

That's my problem is that I'm choking on the hypocrisy of these so called professionals. I avoided a bunch of PS3 multiplats because I knew the 360 version was better and now suddenly it's no big deal? When the differences are bigger this time?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Even then it would be more stomachable if they didn't insult the leakers and the people who believe them when they turn out to be right every single time.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these journalist are in their early 30s late 20s and played nothing but Xbox nearly half their lives.

Even when PS2 dominated, these guys probably still played multiplatform games on Xbox due to graphical enhancments.

Sean*O

Nope, the whole context was that games rendering in 1080p on PS4 were better than the same games rendering at 720p on Xbone. This is the same MS talking point bullshit that Private Nelson was saying "We fully support 1080p but different devs will decide what resolutions work for them".

That's a nice roundabout way to say that devs can't get the bone to render in 1080p so they 'decide' to render at 720p.. but we support 1080p if they were to dumb down the graphics and efects enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these journalist are in their early 30s late 20s and played nothing but Xbox nearly half their lives.

Even when PS2 dominated, these guys probably still played multiplatform games on Xbox due to graphical enhancments.

Oh the irony if that were the case lol

HariKari

Man, some real journos need to step up, sit down one of these Microsoft guys and just drill them until the truth comes out.

Zero chance of that happening..

See, Kotaku or some other site that loves clickbait should just bait MS into commenting. "Microsoft misleading Xbox One buyers?" is the perfect headline. Highlight how they are trying to push upscaled 1080p as the same thing as native 1080p. Point out how absurd that is and how sketchy Microsoft is being about it.

This shit writes itself.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Regardless, the truth drops in 3 weeks anyways. It just sucks for the ones who are paying 500 bones to find out though.

Troll

Banned
362TRDN.png

Looks like he's doubling down on this.

Too bad it's a rumor that can't be substantiated unless the console launches with a broken OS - which it won't. Then we can all say "I guess everything was fixed!"

I really hope that it's trusted sources he's reporting on.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Regardless, the truth drops in 3 weeks anyways. It just sucks for the ones who are paying 500 bones to find out though.
Three weeks? The truth is out now.

Too bad it's a rumor that can't be substantiated unless the console launches with a broken OS - which it won't. Then we can all say "I guess everything was fixed!"

I wish I had this much confidence in MS right now.

Three weeks? The truth is out now.

At this point, there's really no reason for arguing the point. People are going to buy the Bone and they are now aware that it's more money for hardware that is offering less. They are making that choice based on either launch titles or playing Halo or whatever other reasons but are ignoring everything else for whatever reason. Fair play to them.

leroidys

362TRDN.png

Oh man some great comments on that website. Never change, console warriors

HuntyNovember 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm
You don’t have a reliable source. You are wrong. We all know your biased agenda Slavestation.

BXTX4November 2, 2013 at 5:52 pm
your an idiot dude

JosephNovember 2, 2013 at 6:29 pm
Your an idiot. Go back to that misterxmedia circle jerk blog fanboy.

Tsundere

Banned

Talking about unsubstantiated...

You would have thought after Mattrick left the culture over there would change. There is still a lack of shame at Microsoft. Albert and Aaron are just shameless. Those of us hoping for a house cleaning now that Mattrick is gone are not going to get it.

Fletcher

At this point, there's really no reason for arguing the point. People are going to buy the Bone and they are now aware that it's more money for hardware that is offering less. They are making that choice based on either launch titles or playing Halo or whatever other reasons but are ignoring everything else for whatever reason. Fair play to them.

Why do they have to be ignoring everything else? I'm sure that people purchasing the Xbone only at this point are aware what they are getting into. Regardless of how they may act on here.

Slashlen

You would have thought after Mattrick left the culture over there would change. There is still a lack of shame at Microsoft. Albert and Aaron are just shameless. Those of us hoping for a house cleaning now that Mattrick is gone are not going to get it.

All hope is not lost on that front. Ballmer's replacement could fix things. Or shut down Xbox if it's doing badly. Or nothing.

Duxxy3

If it isn't fully working, they can say whatever isn't working will get patched at a later date.

Look at windows 8. That thing is a complete disaster and is still broken a year later.

GodofWine

they still have a whole month practically...I'm also starting to wonder how bad it can actually be.

I can't imagine its broken, at least I dont want to imagine that.

But I guess you never know until you suddenly have 100,000's of people trying to day 1 patch their systems to life, then use the system, then overload the hell out of COD servers, skyping, party chatting, snapping, TV TV-ing, doing these things concurrently...there are a lot of variables i guess.

Id bet both systems show some strain launch week. I probably wont get my ps4 till the evening on the 15th and expect to NOT be playing KZ or BF that night.

thefit

You would think if they were so confident about it they would have actual working playable kiosks at stores but instead its empty shells with a video loop and controller holders sans controllers. Those kiosks were obviously intended for playable demo xbones but something had them do otherwise. Every video showing the os in action on youtube is that of zoomed in to screen or dark without ever bothering to show the actual retail console plugged into power and tv.

Top Bottom