• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

tim1138

Gonna be mighty pissed if Jessica is the main GL in this.

That character has barely been a GL at all. If you're not gonna use Hal for whatever reason, Kyle should be the next choice.

If they acknowledge the comics story there's literally no chance Kyle will be playable.

Bring on JCruz!

vg260

He's alive at the end of the first game and probably ended up in prison like Superman.

Kyle sadly was murdered by Sinestro in the comics. Was ripped limb from limb while choking in space after having his ring taken by him. John got stabbed by Sinestro and Guy got murdered by Hal after he went Yellow. Not many Lanterns left to use aside from as skins/gear. A newly made GL, the first after all the others died or changed rings would make for a good sidestory.

Yeesh, sounds like a ton of back story to fill in if they're sticking to the same plot line.

Spinky

Kyle sadly was murdered by Sinestro in the comics. Was ripped limb from limb while choking in space after having his ring taken by him. John got stabbed by Sinestro and Guy got murdered by Hal after he went Yellow. Not many Lanterns left to use aside from as skins/gear. A newly made GL, the first after all the others died or changed rings would make for a good sidestory.

Yeah, I saw all that, but does it really matter? Death never matters in MK or comics, are they gonna change that?

Meh I wouldn't discount dead characters as not showing up. They'll just be from prime earth most likely.

For instance, I'd be surprised if Shazam isn't in this one even though he was murdered in the first game.

Spinky

You're welcome for the new wallpaper. Highest resolution I could find at the moment.

36190303supergirl-thumbnail-1482463781967_1280w.jpg

Love this costume.

Drayco21

How sure are we that the best Flash (Wally) will be in the game?

I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe gear/costume DLC?

Barry's got the show, the upcoming film, and the past appearance in the game, so he'll almost assuredly be the default. I don't think the comics murdered Kid Flash at any point, though.

Bubble

Neo Member
Any chance of Nightwing showing up? I'm not talking about the Damien Wayne version, but the Dick Grayson version. If Dick's in this game, I'm putting Injustice 2 on my "maybe I'll purchase it" list. It has to be Dick though. I'm not interested in some pale imitation version of Nightwing.

Any chance of Nightwing showing up? I'm not talking about the Damien Wayne version, but the Dick Grayson version. If Dick's in this game, I'm putting Injustice 2 on my "maybe I'll purchase it" list. It has to be Dick though. I'm not interested in some pale imitation version of Nightwing.
Skin most likely. Dead in story unless they're doing flashbacks. Boon has been hyping other Teen Titans members btw.

vg260

Skin most likely. Dead in story unless they're doing flashbacks. Boon has been hyping other Teen Titans members btw.

So, really all they need to do is have a character be in a story flashback, and that justifies their place in the base roster, where you might expect the most well-known version to show up?

Ryce

NRS would be smart to save dead characters for DLC. Joker, Lex, Nightwing, Shazam, and Green Arrow would sell like hotcakes.

The God

Both versions were in the original

Ryce

Could possibly piss people off though.
Probably, but there was also outrage over Scorpion and he ended up outselling every other DLC character. NRS could use the "they died in the first game, so we didn't intentionally withhold them from the disc" defense.

Khezu

I totally see Jessica stealing the GL spot, just so they can easily get rid of Adam Baldwin.

That and her moveset in the mobile game is pretty alright.

Throw in Stewart with John's old moveset as a bonus character.
Hal's moveset was really fun.

vg260

I totally see Jessica stealing the GL spot, just so they can easily get rid of Adam Baldwin.

I loved his moveset in the first game, so I really hope they don't abandon it.

Ryce

Hal Jordan and Jessica Cruz could easily coexist with completely unique move sets, like Superman/Supergirl and Batman/Batgirl. Green Lantern is one of DC's biggest properties, so it's not like Cruz's presence would feel unwarranted.

Meanwhile, Cyborg is appearing and getting his movie first.

Which might (MIGHT) be justified but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna be salty as fuck.

Cyborg looks to be combined with/showing up in The Flash. Going by rumors a GL shows up at the end of JL1.

Spinky

Cyborg looks to be combined with/showing up in The Flash. Going by rumors a GL shows up at the end of JL1.
I know. Trust me, I keep up with all the DCEU news and stuff.

A character like Cyborg is still getting a hell of a lot more screentime plus his own movie before GL, and one currently unknown Lantern possibly turning up for one scene in JL doesn't really make up for that.

I know they're doing this because they screwed up the 2011 movie, and deep down I know GL's proper inclusion in the first JL movie would be really hard to do correctly because of how they've gone about setting things up. But whatever, I'm a GL fanboy so at the end of the day I'm still gonna complain.

Jonogunn

Green arrow please. I only played as him in injustice.

Although green lantern is my fave DC hero I didn't like his play style and he was OP and over used

sinkfla87

If I recall correctly he was one of the most used characters in tournaments.

Ehhh he was used by a few in tournaments but he pales in comparison to the OPness of Superman, Zod or say Batgirl. His normals were considered ass tier. Chris G played with him and did very good with him though.

Compbros

Ehhh he was used by a few in tournaments but he pales in comparison to the OPness of Superman, Zod or say Batgirl. His normals were considered ass tier. Chris G played with him and did very good with him though.

Early on Green Lantern was really strong, eventually he ended up upper mid-tier. He had one of the best normals in the game in a forward advancing low that opened up a world of options for him. His zoning was also competent but online it was a real bitch to maneuver against. By the end of the game the top nine characters were roughly Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Zod, Batgirl, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Sinestro, and Bane. Then the next area had Green Lantern along with characters like Batman and Black Adam.

You're thinking of Green Arrow with Chris G.

Edit: Just realized we have 11 announced characters and 5 are new, that's pretty good. I would assume the game launched with 26-30 characters so we'd know a third of the roster so far.

sinkfla87

You're thinking of Green Arrow with Chris G.

Haha yeah, my bad :(. For some reason I read the original post as both saying green arrow. Green lantern on the other hand was OP as fuck, IMO. He was my main for awhile. I loved changing over to yellow lantern and pretending his winning quote was actually "YOLO IS POWER".

tim1138

What are her constructs like in the mobile game?

DC is gonna be pushing Jessica hard, I would not be surprised to see her in the movies as well

TreIII

What about Jessica and Simon Baz? I wonder if their batteries would still end up being fused in the Injustice-verse, since Hal wasn't likely going to be the one doing it.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe gear/costume DLC?

Barry's got the show, the upcoming film, and the past appearance in the game, so he'll almost assuredly be the default. I don't think the comics murdered Kid Flash at any point, though.

Man WB treat Wally like a damn after thought. From movies, TV shows and video games, they just don't care. Also, Young Justice isn't doing him any justice either. First they make him slower than Barry and Impulse, then they kill him off for being too slow.

Drayco21

WB's never had a problem with recasting DC characters from game to game. Hell, Arkham Knight recasts characters whose original voice actors are still playing prominent characters in that same game. Could easily see them just recasting Baldwin and not caring about it.

Bring in Nathan Fillion, NRS.

I really wonder why news about this game is on such a dripfeed. Isn't thins one of the games impacted by the voice actor's strike? Could that be it? I would have expected a few more character reveals by now.

Does WB have the license to use Static? I just want him and Zatanna.

Static is... an odd case. I understand that the rights are in an odd state of flux every so often, but if I remember correctly, WB/Blue Ribbon Content are working on a tv series, so I think they at least have partial rights.

Fake edit: think he's in the Injustice Mobile game too.

Does WB have the license to use Static? I just want him and Zatanna.

Static is... an odd case. I understand that the rights are in an odd state of flux every so often, but if I remember correctly, WB/Blue Ribbon Content are working on a tv series, so I think they at least have partial rights.

Fake edit: think he's in the Injustice Mobile game too.
DC and Milestone are also working on a new imprint for new comics starring the Milestone characters.

delSai

I'm gonna start doing Questions of the Day, might bring some interesting discussions. Every now and then i might not post one because i forget a lot of things or maybe i just cant come up with one lol.
But for now, here's the first one:

Question of the Day:
What do you think Deadshots Trait will be?

Now i am pretty sure that there hasn't been any confirmation what his trait actually is, and with how little gameplay we have seen of him one kind of has to guess which one of his moves might be a trait or if he even used it once in the what, 2 videos that he's in? If i missed a piece of media where you clearly see his trait, i'm sorry for the awful first question lol.

Ryce

I'm hoping Deadshot inherits Deathstroke's perfect aim trait from the first game, with Deathstroke being given a new stance change trait that allows him to shift between sword and staff.

delSai

I'm hoping Deadshot inherits Deathstroke's perfect aim trait from the first game, with Deathstroke being given a new stance change trait that allows him to shift between sword and staff.
If they reworked Deathstroke into a mainly close combat guy i would definitely be interested in him.

Top Bottom