• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

delSai

It was labeled as an IGN First thing too, and yet I saw nothing else I2 related. Did they share the month with another game?

I think a "IGN First" doesn't have to be a month of coverage, but is more like an exclusive for IGN. Last month had some First for the Friday the 13th game, but was only one video as well i think.

I think a "IGN First" doesn't have to be a month of coverage, but is more like an exclusive for IGN. Last month had some First for the Friday the 13th game, but was only one video as well i think.

Odd, they used to do it as a month of coverage for a game. Remember they did that for Halo MCC and I believe 5 as well. Is it now just random branding? Kinda disappointing if so.

This definitely reiterates to me that something is up with this game. I dunno what happened but it's had a completely weird marketing schedule for a fighter. I am guessing we won't see it release until the fall then.

It was also on the list of games affected by the SAG strike, right? I imagine that also puts a damper on things.

sinkfla87

Do you think there could be some sort of dispute between DC and Alan Moore? I'm not caught up to speed on the whole rights issue (if there is any) but I know Alan Moore gets pissed about the way some (if not all) of his creations are used. There's been talk about Watchmen appearing and had me wondering. I know DC owns the IP but to a full extent?

Do you think there could be some sort of dispute between DC and Alan Moore? I'm not caught up to speed on the whole rights issue (if there is any) but I know Alan Moore gets pissed about the way some (if not all) of his creations are used. There's been talk about Watchmen appearing and had me wondering. I know DC owns the IP but to a full extent?

Yep, they own it completely. They obviously still dole out royalties (which were 8% last I heard), but yeah. They have a reversion clause, according to an interview back in 2010, but that would mean DC couldn't do ANYTHING with Watchmen before Moore gets the rights back, and that includes publishing. Considering there's like a new collectors edition every year, the Rebirth event that features them heavily, the Before Watchmen series a few years back, etc etc, Moore is likely never to get the rights back.

Should also be noted that Gibbons, the artist, is pretty cool with everything. He gave DC his blessing on Before Watchmen, and was an adviser on the motion picture. Moore is the one that loathes DC., though a lot of that has to do with DC's definition of "promotional material" which gives Moore no royalties, and merchandise, which does.

delSai

I've watched Max's video on the latest trailer and he said I2 would "most likely have over 30 characters at the start". Now whenever they showed the character select screen it had place for 28 characters and i was wondering if they've done that before, showed a number of spots in the roster and then just expanded it? I'm a bit confused where "Over 30" came from and i dont want to hype myself up for a larger roster when it's very unlikely that there will actually be that many characters in the game from Day 1. And i know "Most likely" is no confirmation and that he's just speculating, but still.

I've watched Max's video on the latest trailer and he said I2 would "most likely have over 30 characters at the start". Now whenever they showed the character select screen it had place for 28 characters and i was wondering if they've done that before, showed a number of spots in the roster and then just expanded it? I'm a bit confused where "Over 30" came from and i dont want to hype myself up for a larger roster when it's very unlikely that there will actually be that many characters in the game from Day 1. And i know "Most likely" is no confirmation and that he's just speculating, but still.
Boon and others have stated they wanted the largest roster since the start of last gen+more DLC as well.

delSai

Question of the Day:
What stage transition do you like the most?
Train transition > everything else

Boon and others have stated they wanted the largest roster since the start of last gen+more DLC as well.

3 DLC Packs is what most are expecting i think, and if they really want a large roster thats cool then. Gimme all the heroes and villains.

delSai

40 would be dope. Thats enough place for Comic Guests, MK dudes and DC characters. Obviously DC should be the most important for DLC.

I imagine most if not all of the Injustice 1 roster (sans Scorpion) will return. I was having some doubts about Killer Frost but with her being such a main character in the Flash TV show, I can't see her getting the axe - at the very least she'll be DLC.

Beyond her, the only characters I can see getting cut entirely are Batgirl, Zatanna (as much as it hurts me to say it) and Ares.

Question of the Day:
What stage transition do you like the most?

Eh, probably the Arkham one. Mostly because you inadvertently cause a mass prison escape, but keep fighting your opponent.

Beyond her, the only characters I can see getting cut entirely are Batgirl, Zatanna (as much as it hurts me to say it) and Ares.

Zatanna has the best chance of coming back, in my opinion. Those other two, not so much.

I always thought Ares had the best cards actually since he's the Wonder Woman villain and was central to Injustice 1's storyline as well. That said, Aquaman didn't get his big bad either (though there's still the option for idk King Shark or something but it kinda would feel like a cop-out without Black Manta being there), so I guess they're not too much about giving the big guys at least one baddie to punch.

For MKX, Boon railed against cut characters being DLC from day 1. Triborg was sort of a half exception I think.

You can easily clear out like half of the Injustice roster without consequence

I think a lot of characters are going to be cut.

Especially ones I enjoy like Grundy.

Good. I loved Grundy's moves too, but hated looking at him. Give it all to someone else

Khezu

For MKX, Boon railed against cut characters being DLC from day 1. Triborg was sort of a half exception I think.

You can easily clear out like half of the Injustice roster without consequence

Good. I loved Grundy's moves too, but hated looking at him. Give it all to someone else

Ya, there are a bunch of characters I see get axed just because.

Raven
Sinestro
Shazam
Lex
Martian
Ares
Batgirl
Lobo
Zod
Hawkgirl
Zatanna
Killer Frost
Doomsday
Cyborg
Deathstroke :(

And Randomly I think Bane is somehow going to pull off a miracle and return.

Sinestro is not gonna get cut, I don't think they'll just replace him with Atrocitus.
Raven is popular, she's gonna be back. Shazam same.
No way will they cut Superman's main villain. He's one of DC's biggest bads, and the biggest one outside of Batman's rogues gallery.
Manhunter has good cards cause he's in Supergirl.
Ares is likely to get axed, but I think he has a good shot of coming back due to his plot relevance in IJ1.
Batgirl, Lobo, Zatanna and Zod are very possible goners.
Hawkgirl is not gonna go, especially not with her involvement in Legends of Tomorrow (even tho she's gone from that show).
Killer Frost was a likely cut but with her role in the Flash TV show, I can't see it happening now.
Doomsday is possible.
Absolutely no way will they cut Cyborg what with his upcoming movie.
Deathstroke is extremely popular. At this point it would be like cutting Green Lantern or something.

That said, I can definitely see Black Adam and Nightwing go the way of the dodo.

Neoxon

Sinestro is not gonna get cut, I don't think they'll just replace him with Atrocitus.
Raven is popular, she's gonna be back. Shazam same.
No way will they cut Superman's main villain. He's one of DC's biggest bads, and the biggest one outside of Batman's rogues gallery.
Manhunter has good cards cause he's in Supergirl.
Ares is likely to get axed, but I think he has a good shot of coming back due to his plot relevance in IJ1.
Batgirl, Lobo, Zatanna and Zod are very possible goners.
Hawkgirl is not gonna go, especially not with her involvement in Legends of Tomorrow (even tho she's gone from that show).
Killer Frost was a likely cut but with her role in the Flash TV show, I can't see it happening now.
Doomsday is possible.
Absolutely no way will they cut Cyborg what with his upcoming movie.
Deathstroke is extremely popular. At this point it would be like cutting Green Lantern or something.

That said, I can definitely see Black Adam and Nightwing go the way of the dodo.
Deathstroke is also gonna be in the Batman movie, so there's that.

Khezu

With 28 character slots and a lot of new characters, there are going to be deep cuts.

A lot of characters you would think would be safe are going to get axed.

delSai

With 28 character slots and a lot of new characters, there are going to be deep cuts.

A lot of characters you would think would be safe are going to get axed.

Which on one hand, kind of sucks because there's some awesome characters, possibly including some of our mains that might get kicked out.

But on the other hand, we will get fan favorites that didnt get in last time and new characters to learn.

It's not bad imo.

Injustice 1 had 30 characters including DLC. While I definitely expect there being some cuts, I sincerely doubt that they would cut Lex Luthor or Deathstroke. Or that they would replace a villain with a less popular one (e.g. Atrocitus replacing Sinestro).

I believe that most of the Injustice 1 roster will return, and us already knowing the majority of the newcomers to Injustice 2.

Finally, knowing Ed Boon's love for red herrings, I wouldn't count on the demo roster of 28 to be 100% set in stone.

Injustice 1 had 30 characters including DLC. While I definitely expect there being some cuts, I sincerely doubt that they would cut Lex Luthor or Deathstroke. Or that they would replace a villain with a less popular one (e.g. Atrocitus replacing Sinestro).

I believe that most of the Injustice 1 roster will return, and us already knowing the majority of the newcomers to Injustice 2.
I wouldn't be so sure on Lex(and Shazam). No dimension hopping in the story has been more or less confirmed and they're quite dead unless we get Lexiac or something.

Ryce

The Joker is DC's third or fourth most popular character by a significant margin. He's not going to be someone's alternate costume. If he doesn't make the base roster because of his death then he's going to be a DLC character.

Khezu

I think out of suit business Luthor will be part of the story as an unplayable NPC.

And Superman will get other representation.

YOOO
@noobde
C1hMHu0WIAEygaA.jpg:large

Khezu

Both later and earlier then I was expecting.

Figured if it got delayed it would move all the way to fall.

Honestly though, announcing the release date on twitter, with out any fan fair or a trailer sure is something.

Top Bottom