• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

J-Tier

I think they should just go nuts and reveal a ton of characters in a cinematic to make up for the drought.

We'll probably get 2 characters realistically.

delSai

I think they should just go nuts and reveal a ton of characters in a cinematic to make up for the drought.

That would be fantastic. Revealing most of the characters and then getting into detail with other trailers.

We need to get news on this game every week until release, Boon should go full Sakurai.

There should be enough to keep news going until release. Maybe starting next week they will start releasing trailers every week or every two weeks.

We'll probably get 2 characters realistically.

It's gonna be a gameplay video of the Flash and 1 character reveal of a super obvious boring returning character (like Green Lantern) and you'll like it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fingers crossed for a CG trailer with only the announced characters in it.

I would be okay with it if new trailer is going to be an opener of hype train with biweekly announcement or monthly announcement. They could start with announced characters like they did with Supergirl.

delSai

Also, posted by Ryce in the other thread:

hdeNA14.png

New artwork, possible cover

Garlador

Doubt it. If they were teasing that you would probably see some yellow light coming from his hand.
But hey, it happend before, so maybe they'll find a way to give Supes a Ring, even if just for Storymode.

I'm probably overthinking it, but is it yellow kryptonite? What does yellow kryptonite do? Does yellow kryptonite even exist?

Nice finally the reveals and news are coming.

I can see a cinematic trailer with some reveals in it and with it the announcement of a collectors edition, preorder DLC etc.

They said Supergirl has a important role in the story and they showed a video with her new look to us so my hope is the collectors edition has a sick Supergirl statue.

delSai

I'm probably overthinking it, but is it yellow kryptonite? What does yellow kryptonite do? Does yellow kryptonite even exist?

I am sure there is yellow kryptonite but i have no idea what it does.
It's probably just energy or something along those lines and not anything super exciting.

I can't help but feel like there was some minor setbacks in development that prevented them to go full marketing mode until now. Pretty pumped regardless.

Drayco21

Darkseid is the pre-order bonus.

WB's insistence on pre-order DLC characters in fighting games is fucking gross.

Unless the launch roster is really strong, this might drive me to just wait until the Komplete edition is out next year instead.

WB's insistence on pre-order DLC characters in fighting games is fucking gross.

Unless the launch roster is really strong, this might drive me to just wait until the Komplete edition is out next year instead.

Well its not like you wont get him if you dont preorder.

I look at it more as a 5 dollar saving. It just means you get him for free.

sinkfla87

Was he playable in the first game?

Nope. This actually kind of surprises me because it hints that he isn't the true big bad of the game, so who is?! I can't see them locking the boss behind DLC, if so that would be super fucked up. I think Tuesday we will get a lot of new info. Everyone remember when the MKX story trailer was released? It included a ton of subtle reveals.

Nope. This actually kind of surprises me because it hints that he isn't the true big bad of the game, so who is?! I can't see them locking the boss behind DLC, if so that would be super fucked up. I think Tuesday we will get a lot of new info. Everyone remember when the MKX story trailer was released? It included a ton of subtle reveals.

To play devil's advocate, he's not REALLY dlc in the sense he's paywalled. It says preorder bonus, but more than likely he'll be with all day one editions of the game.

Was he playable in the first game?

He was a transition in the Hall of Justice stage.

Ryce

MKX's pre-order bonus was Goro and the final boss was Shinnok, so I'm thinking someone like Brainiac might be the final boss this time around.

sinkfla87

To play devil's advocate, he's not REALLY dlc in the sense he's paywalled. It says preorder bonus, but more than likely he'll be with all day one editions of the game.

Like Ryce above stated, he's most likely another Goro situation. Free if you preorder but 5 bucks later if you don't. I'm not really upset about that because I know I'll be preordering for sure but I am surprised he isn't on the base roster.

MKX's pre-order bonus was Goro and the final boss was Shinnok, so I'm thinking someone like Brainiac might be the final boss this time around.

To be honest I'll be disappointed if he's the final boss :(. I don't necessarily hate Brainiac but I think he would be underwhelming.

Anyone want to place bets on whether or not Ra's Al Ghul is in the game and bringing back dead characters will involve the Lazarus pit?

sinkfla87

The boss is probably Ra's or Black Hand so they can bring dead characters back

I think it would be the coolest approach and have been speculating that for awhile. Ra's could be somewhat of a Kenshi character for NRS copy-pasta but hopefully not bottom tier gutter trash:(.

Compbros

Getting real tired of WB's shit. They saw Goro worked so they're just gonna keep pushing it. Their dlc practices are some of the worst in the business today.

Darkseid is the pre-order bonus.

C2GTiaYWQAEUl2W.jpg

I'm glad we're getting something at least, even if it's one of them "pre-order DLC" guys like Goro in MKX.

The fact that it's Darkseid is cool. It'll be nice for NRS to explore that character in terms of fighting game mechanics. We got him in MK vs DC and uh...I don't remember him being interesting.

It's still an immensely shitty practice to lock characters behind pre-order DLC.

But they are not locked. Other fighting games did let you buy another character at launch.

This not really different. People just hate it because it has the word "Preorder" in it even tho you dont really need to to get it.

Top Bottom