• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

I was pissed off about Goro and I'm pissed off about this

Fucking WB forcing their shitty practice down our throats

I think you're all go to be disappointed what the boss of the game.

I'm pretty sure it be Superman again, but with the fear system it's going to be a really OP Suoerman that will be a lot different than the base Superman that you choose.

That's my take

Compbros

But they are not locked. Other fighting games did let you buy another character at launch.

This not really different. People just hate it because it has the word "Preorder" in it even tho you dont really need to to get it.

Other people doing it never makes it ok, a shitty practice is a shitty practice.

But they are not locked. Other fighting games did let you buy another character at launch.

This not really different. People just hate it because it has the word "Preorder" in it even tho you dont really need to to get it.

They ARE locked, and you have to purchase the key. Whether it's pre-order exclusive or you can buy it later on doesn't matter either.
Pre-Order DLC is a disgusting practice, especially when it comes to fighting games where the characters are 99% of the gameplay. If it was an arena I wouldn't give a shit, but a character behind a paywall right at the start is dickish. Day Zero/One DLC is a shitty practice as well. And the other fighting games that do it are just as shitty for it, and that doesn't excuse it for Warner Bros. Especially not for Warner Bros., who have announced pre-order DLC before the game it belongs to before (I forgot which of the Arkham games it was with the Harley Quinn pre-order DLC).

Also get the hell out of here with the "you don't really need to get it" argument. It's a fucking fighting game. Of course you want to get a bigger roster. This isn't some cosmetic or semi-cosmetic stuff like a level or a costume, it's a character in a fighting game.

Ryce

Yeah, pre-order characters in fighting games is ridiculous. And this is fucking Darkseid we're talking about, a character who would assuredly be in the main game if he wasn't sleazily locked away as a bonus. There were tons of requests for him and he was the first mobile-exclusive character for Injustice 1.

delSai

As much as i love the games WB publishes, they really are bad with this DLC and preorder thing. This was expected to happen and they will for sure continue to do this.

Khezu

On the positive side it means Darkseid is probably not in the story mode, which I'm very happy about.

If dude was the focus, he would overshadow supermanbaby as the main antagonist, and it would just become any other Justice League story.

Superman needs a new set of allies that he can control as the main villains of the story.

Also will never buy him or pre order.
Might get him if it comes in the season pass or something.
But won't support nonsense preorders.

Funny enough the pre-order guy of MKX(Goro) was canonically without arms and in hiding only to show up at the end of the comic with a masterplan that might show up in the next game.
Wouldn't be surprised if Darkseid is the same.

vg260

This is why I am still very skeptical about how all this loot stuff is going to work out.

I'm very afraid they are going to sell random loot boxes like Overwatch to hook people into gambling for the pieces they want rather than just selling the full costumes like they did last game.

Khezu

This is why I am still very skeptical about how all this loot stuff is going to work out.

I'm very afraid they are going to sell random loot boxes like Overwatch to hook people into gambling for the pieces they want rather than just selling the full costumes like they did last game.

I am not skeptical.

I am a 100% confident they are going to shit the bed with the loot boxes and get a hugely negative backlash similar to SFV.

The gear optional mode will be largely offline to cater to the tournament scene, the online version will exist, but be downplayed to encourage people to buy loot boxes.

What I'm saying is that the game is probably going to suck ass for anyone who doesn't play NRS games competitively, or likes to waste money and time on grinding gambling bullshit.

vg260

I am not skeptical.

I am a 100% confident they are going to shit the bed with the loot boxes and get a hugely negative backlash similar to SFV.

The gear optional mode will be largely offline to cater to the tournament scene, the online version will exist, but be downplayed to encourage people to buy loot boxes.

What I'm saying is that the game is probably going to suck ass for anyone who doesn't play NRS games competitively, or likes to waste money and time on grinding gambling bullshit.

Sigh...you're probably right.

I just want to get cool full alternate costumes like last game, not random mish-mash pieces. I'm OK paying for them too. However, yeah, they're guaranteed to make that a pain in the ass. I think the lull in news made me forget about all they ways they can abuse this, that and just thinking about characters.

Zubz

Banned
Eh. This Darkseid news is good to me. I'm fine with waiting until the game's out of Early Access, just like with every NRS game.

I'm actually pissed and this is sarcasm about how much DLC MKX & I1 had before the Komplete editions. Just like with Goro, I'm doubly mad about there being pre-order DLC though.

Any speculation that many of the DC characters from CW will have special costumes based off of their shows? Arrow had on in Injustice 1, but that was the only show at the time. Since then, we've gotten The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl. I think they'd be missing out if they didn't do that.

Any speculation that many of the DC characters from CW will have special costumes based off of their shows? Arrow had on in Injustice 1, but that was the only show at the time. Since then, we've gotten The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl. I think they'd be missing out if they didn't do that.
Someone did mocap for something a while back. Most guessed they were scanning her in to use her likeness as a skin/gear set for the game.

Yeah it's pretty likely. WB loves cross-promoting their properties. There has been CW-show based DLC in just about all DC-based games that came out since Arrow started airing.

Yeah it's pretty likely. WB loves cross-promoting their properties. There has been CW-show based DLC in just about all DC-based games that came out since Arrow started airing.

Well, then I could then easily see a premium CW DW Universe DLC pack. If I recall the Arrow DLC was free with Injustice 1. I don't think similar DLC will be free this time.

Ugh. Not a fan of the pre-order DLC. I don't know if that alone is enough to stop me from getting it but if this thing goes the whole "loot box" route, I may be out. I really love NRS's fighting games, but Warner's shady DLC practices make them harder and harder to support.

Spinky

Would be a waste of everyones time. They would not do it in house or continue to support it.

Also there was another fakish leak, though this one was awhile back, and it was actually about Injustice 2 mobile, someone saying they worked on it said some of the characters that would be in it.

Including
Damian Wayne
Swamp Thing
Captain Cold
Mr Freeze
Poison Ivy
Bane
Catwoman
Cheetah
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Brainiac
Black Adam
Zoom
Dr Fate
Power Girl.

He also posted some art which might just be fan art, but I didn't look hard enough to confirm.
Please, God. PLEASE.

I need to know whether Hal is in or not so I can sleep at night.

It's likely but I wouldn't put it past NRS to use a different GL instead this time.

Oh, also, pre-order DLC characters suck, but I was always gonna pre-order anyway.

Ryce

I'm starting to think that list might be legitimate. I haven't been able to find that Harley Quinn art anywhere.

Mr. Freeze, Cheetah, John Stewart, Zoom, and Power Girl are most likely the alternate costume character changes that Ed Boon mentioned.

With that "leaker" I dont know if they are claiming all those characters were playable or just that they've seen art of them

Scarecrow on the roster would have me laughing all the way to the bank

Khezu

Oh on the subject of that mobile leaker guy.

He also mentioned that the game was an improvement over Injustice 1 and MKX mobile and you had more control of your character, similar to CoC.

I think anyway, just remember him saying it was different then the first game.

If this "leak" is real its mostly only for mobile and they are costumes.

There would be no way in hell the game roster has 2 green lanterns and 2 ice characters in it especially with Sub-Zero being a obvious lock as DLC.

If this "leak" is real its mostly only for mobile and they are costumes.

There would be no way in hell the game roster has 2 green lanterns and 2 ice characters in it especially with Sub-Zero being a obvious lock as DLC.

The list is 22 characters which added to the 10 revealed so far is too many.

But if you cut off John, Cheetah, Power Girl, Zoom, and Mr. Freeze as custom gear for Hal, Catwoman, Supergirl, Flash and Captain Cold respectively, then you have 17 characters.

Then with Darkseid confirmed is the full 28.

Ryce

The biggest red flag of the "leak" is the lack of Martian Manhunter. He's unlikely to be DLC since he was DLC in the first game (I believe Boon has a policy against reusing DLC characters).

Because he is Martian Fucking Manhunter.

Also i think with the demand for him in the first game and they knowing they fucked up with excluding him from the base roster is indication that they do right this time.

Meeeeeh, outside of the big guns (Supes, Bats, WW, etc) I don't think anyone has a safe spot. But you are right, he has his fanbase.

I was on that thread back then and while I still hold my doubts about its legitimacy, the guy did admit it was highly likely the mobile game would have a different roster to that of the full game.

Khezu

There's no way that leak is real. No Black Canary or Starfire?

Black Canary was actually part of it, I just didn't remember everyone.
Someone else posted the full list earlier.

joker,bane
poison ivy
swamp thing
black canary
catwoman
cyborg
green lantern (hal)
green lantern (john)
cheetah (i don't know why either)
firestorm
flash
scarecrow
green arrow
captain cold
brainiac
damian
black adam
doctor fate
peegee
zoom
victor fries

Spinky

The list is 22 characters which added to the 10 revealed so far is too many.

But if you cut off John, Cheetah, Power Girl, Zoom, and Mr. Freeze as custom gear for Hal, Catwoman, Supergirl, Flash and Captain Cold respectively, then you have 17 characters.

Then with Darkseid confirmed is the full 28.

Pretty sure Darkseid won't count as part of those 28, Goro was the same IIRC.

delSai

That leaked roster would be disappointing for the most part, someone like Scarecrow or Fries seem perfect for stage transition/interactables, like Scarecrow in I1.

Ryce

That leaked roster would be disappointing for the most part, someone like Scarecrow or Fries seem perfect for stage transition/interactables, like Scarecrow in I1.
Freeze would likely be an alternate form for Captain Cold and/or a story mode enemy that uses Cold as his base. The same goes for Flash/Zoom, Hal/John, Supergirl/Power Girl, and Catwoman/Cheetah.

I think Scarecrow could be a fun fighting game character. He'd fight mainly with his scythe and use fear toxin in his trait and super move.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Not entirely sure why anyone here is giving the "leaked" roster even the slightest amount of credence, considering that Power Girl has been explicitly de-confirmed by the developers and that some journalists who previewed the game already saw that the character would only be included as an "alternate costume" for Supergirl.

Ryce

Not entirely sure why anyone here is giving the "leaked" roster even the slightest amount of credence, considering that Power Girl has been explicitly de-confirmed by the developers and that some journalists who previewed the game already saw that the character would only be included as an "alternate costume" for Supergirl.
The supposed leaker worked on the mobile version of Injustice 2, where it's possible that those alternate costumes have been made into separate characters. The mobile version of Injustice 1 has a bunch of clone characters.

opricnik

Banned
No idea why people seeing leaked version as if it was for console version. Mobile versions generally holds some characters to spread out in year. Some characters wont even come t Mobile and Viceversa.

i think we can even cross list for most clones in Mobile leak , they wont be in normal version i assume.
bane
poison ivy
cheetah (i don't know why either)
firestorm
scarecrow damian,peegee,zoom,victor fries

i dont see those listed ones playable in I2

Gleethor

Scarecrow could gas the opponent in the intro dialogue, and then appear differently depending on who he's fighting, manifesting as their "worst fear" from the opponent's point of view. Could be cool.

delSai

Freeze would likely be an alternate form for Captain Cold and/or a story mode enemy that uses Cold as his base. The same goes for Flash/Zoom, Hal/John, Supergirl/Power Girl, and Catwoman/Cheetah.

I think Scarecrow could be a fun fighting game character. He'd fight mainly with his scythe and use fear toxin in his trait and super move.

You're probably right about the alt. versions. And thinking about it a bit more, Scarecrow could indeed be an interesting character.

I guess we will see how real this leak is soon.

Harpoon

Eh, I'd be pretty happy with it. Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, and Captain Cold would probably be enough for me.

Top Bottom