• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internal Affairs investigation clears Philly police officer with Nazi tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious people bitched about athletes not standing up for the national anthem because it was disrespectful to the military.

Yet we're perfectly fine with Nazis. Guess WW2 didn't exist

Of course he cleared, internal affairs are generally useless. They are part of the same department. The blue wall of silence is too strong.

Beartruck

Internal Affairs seems like the cushiest job in the world. Just sit around all day doing nothing, then when an officer fucks up, you announce you'll look into it, spend 6 weeks sleeping at your desk, then wake up and announce they're cleared of all charges.

We don't know if there is a swastika or not.

It doesn't matter!
his whole body could be covered with Nazi Memorabilia including a swastika in his foreskin, and he would still be on his bicycle because there are no rules covering tattoos. (or no rules that tattoos must be covered either).

The department doesn't want to change. That is the message.

Kinsei

Banned
Internal Affairs seems like the cushiest job in the world. Just sit around all day doing nothing, then when an officer fucks up, you announce you'll look into it, spend 6 weeks sleeping at your desk, then wake up and announce they're cleared of all charges.

Yep.

I really wonder how all of the good cops™ feel when shit like this happens.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Police unions are some of the strongest, if not the strongest, in the nation. If there isn't/wasn't a policy on this on the books, there was no way they could fire him for it. And let's be real, it's hard enough to fire cops who have done bad things on the job. Firing one that hasn't yet because of his political beliefs?
So we're just referring to Nazism as a "political belief" now? Is that where we're at? FOH with that bullshit.

AYF 001

Yep.

I really wonder how all of the good cops™ feel when shit like this happens.

As I recall there was a thread a while back with poll results on cops' feelings about various issues by race. I think it said 75% of cops overall were unsatisfied with how little internal complaints lead to action (If someone can find the thread I'd appreciate it).

Police unions are some of the strongest, if not the strongest, in the nation. If there isn't/wasn't a policy on this on the books, there was no way they could fire him for it. And let's be real, it's hard enough to fire cops who have done bad things on the job. Firing one that hasn't yet because of his political beliefs?

Are you kidding me with this? Being a nazi is just a political belief now? How far is this going to get normalized in the next four years?

Dude Abides

Banned
The fixation over "he has a nazi tattoo" versus "he is a nazi" seems like a distraction. No one wants him fired because of a tattoo, they want him fired because there's no scenario where you'd get a nazi tattoo if you're not a nazi. The reply by the police union rep is a non-sequitur because it wasn't about the tattoo to begin with. If he can't be fired for being a nazi, that's another thing (and maybe something that should be changed!)

If there's no swastika and an eagle is a long standing symbol of Germany separate and apart from the Third Reich, which it appears to be, and he denies being a Nazi and there's no other indication he's a Nazi, I don't think you have just cause to fire him for being a Nazi instead of a dude of German background who's really into his heritage.

If there's no swastika and an eagle is a long standing symbol of Germany separate and apart from the Third Reich, which it appears to be, and he denies being a Nazi and there's no other indication he's a Nazi, I don't think you have just cause to fire him for being a Nazi instead of a dude of German background who's really into his heritage.

Yeah I really want to see the rest of that tattoo.

Does he have to cover it up?

What's the other arm, rifle and us flag?

CrU5yuPVUAAjcSM.jpg

It says, "??? and Country." I don't know what the first word is.

Breads

Banned
I like how IA is portrayed in TV shows as some draconian branch obsessed with cracking down on any cop who even glances in the wrong direction, when in real life it's all "you a Nazi? You kill black folk? No worries, we good fam, have a cookie"

Replace cookie with paid vacation.

CrU5yuPVUAAjcSM.jpg

It says, "??? and Country." I don't know what the first word is.

Really? The first one says says Fatherland.

Gattsu25

Banned
The fixation over "he has a nazi tattoo" versus "he is a nazi" seems like a distraction. No one wants him fired because of a tattoo, they want him fired because there's no scenario where you'd get a nazi tattoo if you're not a nazi. The reply by the police union rep is a non-sequitur because it wasn't about the tattoo to begin with. If he can't be fired for being a nazi, that's another thing (and maybe something that should be changed!)
+1

I know this is a late response (it's nearly 2 fucking AM what the fuck am I doing still awake???) but I agree.

Valhelm

contribute something
Fostering blind camaraderie among a paramilitary force designed to protect an unequal social order can have disastrous results? Who could have seen this coming?

Kirye

Wal-mart would give you shit to have any tattoo showing regardless of how small or innocuous it is, for a minimum wage job.

But the Police are okay with nazi tattoos in full view.

Yeah, I need to move.

Chuckie

He could be an ex-nazi!

He is not an ex-nazi, fire his ass.

Take a look at the name on his shirt
He is just proud of his family heritage. I hope. Maybe.

Even in Germany that shit wouldn't fly.
Fatherland in old German letters and an eagle?
That's so right wing that no police officer would dare to show these tats in public.
Having those tats would raise the question if you are actually pro democracy, as you have to be in German police.

lichtermancosplay.jpg

Well I think this clears everything up
He is On the left.
Or rather the far right
You know what i mean.

Can't link because fucking google amp. 5 month old article on his interesting hobbies.

Gattsu25

Banned
lichtermancosplay.jpg

Well I think this clears everything up
He is On the left.
Or rather the far right
You know what i mean.

Can't link because fucking google amp. 5 month old article on his interesting hobbies.
Err... You can just copy the URL of any google amp article...

So we're just referring to Nazism as a "political belief" now? Is that where we're at? FOH with that bullshit.

Are you kidding me with this? Being a nazi is just a political belief now? How far is this going to get normalized in the next four years?

Just so that we're perfectly clear here. I'm not saying he shouldn't be fired. I'm saying I don't think he can be solely based on him being one. I would say he actually has to do something against the rules (which having the tattoo isn't, and outside of failing a psych eval being a white supremacist/Nazi probably isn't either), except we all know that isn't the case either. The only way he gets fired is if the officers around him want him fired.

Found a transcript of the investigation.

"Are you a Neo Nazi or any other type of white nationalist?"

"Some of my coworkers are black"

"Ok, report back to your desk"

Just so that we're perfectly clear here. I'm not saying he shouldn't be fired. I'm saying I don't think he can be solely based on him being one. I would say he actually has to do something against the rules (which having the tattoo isn't, and outside of failing a psych eval being a white supremacist/Nazi probably isn't either), except we all know that isn't the case either. The only way he gets fired is if the officers around him want him fired.

I hear what you're saying but I think you left out a sentence where you clarify that nazi is not just a political belief. We should not be normalizing that.

And imo you can not serve and protect the public and be a nazi. It's a no go.

I hear what you're saying but I think you left out a sentence where you clarify that nazi is not just a political belief. We should not be normalizing that.

And imo you can not serve and protect the public and be a nazi. It's a no go.

I agree with you, except that if you're going to fire him for being a Nazi, you're going to have to come up with more proof than he has a tattoo, or the police union is going to laugh at you as soon as you bring it up, and that's even if they weren't a corrupt organization that protects its own above all else.

this is america. you can't rely on common sense.

they need to make a policy prohibiting this kind of stuff if they don't want this kind of stuff

I agree with you, except that if you're going to fire him for being a Nazi, you're going to have to come up with more proof than he has a tattoo, or the police union is going to laugh at you as soon as you bring it up, and that's even if they weren't a corrupt organization that protects its own above all else.

Isn't that a picture up there of him in nazi reenactments? The article also mentioned he was a member of Blood and Honour, a network of neo-nazi sites.

Isn't that a picture up there of him in nazi reenactments? The article also mentioned he was a member of Blood and Honour, a network of neo-nazi sites.

I don't think the picture with the rebel flag in this thread is of him, and other than that I don't see any pictures of him except the one taken at the parade. I also don't see any mention of Blood and Honour anywhere in the article linked in the OP.

mlclmtckr

Banned
guys what if he was undercover in a white nationalist gang and had to get those tats as part of his mission

oh wait never mind he literally dresses up as a nazi soldier for fun on the weekends

it really does pay to be white in this country. Leading man in everything, always get the benefit of the doubt, first choice in jobs, women, politics, can do and say anything you fucking please. Can steal from other cultures, can abuse other cultures, anything and everything goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom