• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if its just our internet echo-chamber, but I've never really seen the importance of 70mm marketed ever before like it is here. It really does make you wonder about the future.. I just watched The Avengers on Netflix last night and I see such a perfect dichotomy between the two. One is all digital, incredibly product driven and heavily influenced by television. The other is an a larger than life piece of art with reserved seating. Both big budget blockbusters about the fate of the planet but starkly contrasted.

Something just seems so royal about Interstellar's premiere. Straight up old world Hollywood. Who knows.

The Master got a relatively big push for 70 mm (especially since it was the first film since 1996 to be shot entirely in the format). Obviously nothing near Interstellar since this is a massive blockbuster but it was still marketed.

I'm sorry Ex, but I find that hilarious coming from you. :)

I haven't watched a piece of media since the first theatrical trailer launched. Keeping my eyes and ears closed during pre-movie trailers has been a royal pain.

Hey! I don't watch TV spots, ever. Interstellar is the first film that has caused me to black out after the first two trailers. Did so for Inherent Vice and felt fantastic. Will probably do so for films I'm really looking forward to from now on.

I read the old script so for me it's like... I'm already on the other side brotha.

Isn't this script wildly different?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The Master got a relatively big push for 70 mm (especially since it was the first film since 1996 to be shot entirely in the format). Obviously nothing near Interstellar since this is a massive blockbuster but it was still marketed.
Just a nitpick correction...The Master wasn't entirely 70mm. A few interior scenes on the boat were 35mm and looked more grainy on the print I saw.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Isn't this script wildly different?

Judging the trailers we've seen so far I'll say that the 1st act is intact and part of the 2nd one is really close, I don't see anything from the 3rd so is hard to tell if he changed something big for the last part of the film, but I sure hope so! (not because it was bad but because I wish I didn't know).

That Oculus Rift thing was cool lol
GenerousCriminalAttwatersprairiechicken.gif

At London Comic Con (also at BFI IMAX).

It's a virtual tour of a spaceship and omg I want this for other spaceships now. I was expecting a CGI mockup of the sets but I guess 3D cameras were used so it's all real, which explains why it was on-rails. Quite a bit of chromatic aberration. Not sure if it was 1080p but who cares because it's not a game or something that will be available to the public. The set design reminded me of Alien, lots of detail. Dude, when things are coming at you in zero G I couldn't help but try to grab them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom