• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt by Gamespot

tuxfool

Banned
While I like these little videos, I also think it is amusing how they have to cut up footage into small 10 minute chunks so that the Gamespot audience doesn't start moaning that they're too long.

I hope that they didn't go all the way to Poland just to get 30 minutes of footage.

Xando

While I like these little videos, I also think it is amusing how they have to cut up footage into small 10 minute chunks so that the Gamespot audience doesn't start moaning that they're too long.

I hope that they didn't go all the way to Poland just to get 30 minutes of footage.

They played 12 hours so i'm guessing they will have footage, previews and interviews. Similiar to what Gamestar did.

Ricker

Going PS4...The minimum requirements on Steam for the game mentions a 660 and I still have a 560 Ti...I know it will run just the same but it will probably look a little better on the PS4...plus trophies and all.

Wow, so CD Projekt educated gamers in a piracy-rampant country about the value of buying games and gave extra physical goodies (my Witcher 2 box is pretty rad). I really wish companies/stores spring up in countries like my own Pakistan and dozens of others that are inspired to work in similar ways with reasonable pricing (many countries don't even have Steam), physical goodies, and showing improvements if they paid for the game while a torrented version might give them technical issues.

Marcin Iwinski on free DLC: "Honestly speaking, what does it cost us to make a set of armour? Several hours? Maybe 1, 2, 3 people. Considering the scale of the game and considering the investment people will be taking in the game, spending the hours, hey let's make it more fun for them."

OMG Marcin why are you so anti-capitalist? Don't you want to exploit the fanbase? Don't you want to make more profit like Capcom and Tecmo and EA, etc.?

Thank you :)

Denton

Wow, so CD Projekt educated gamers in a piracy-rampant country about the value of buying games and gave extra physical goodies (my Witcher 2 box is pretty rad). I really wish companies/stores spring up in countries like my own Pakistan and dozens of others that are inspired to work in similar ways with reasonable pricing (many countries don't even have Steam), physical goodies, and showing improvements if they paid for the game while a torrented version might give them technical issues.

Marcin Iwinski on free DLC: "Honestly speaking, what does it cost us to make a set of armour? Several hours? Maybe 1, 2, 3 people. Considering the scale of the game and considering the investment people will be taking in the game, spending the hours, hey let's make it more fun for them."

OMG Marcin why are you so anti-capitalist? Don't you want to exploit the fanbase? Don't you want to make more profit like Capcom and Tecmo and EA, etc.?

Thank you :)
Marcin is, if anything, wonderfully capitalist, a true entrepreneur ;). CDP have done wonderful work in central europe for almost 2 decades now.

DOWN

Banned
Uh oh. So the final HUD is an opaque multicolored mess? Looks a bit MMO. When will they learn from Skyrim, Halo, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Praying for opacity options and that in the future we don't end up with several primary colors, beige radar maps, and animated color icons for everything.

TheAssist

I actually didnt know too much about the history of CDPR. Its cool to see where they are coming from with their policy.
Other publishers should have a good look at their mindset when it comes to DLC and offering value to your customer.

I mean CDPR managed to sell games in a country where literally everyone was able and allowed to pirate games. Hear that Ubisoft?

DOWN

Banned
I hope they someday feel free to rename themselves PROJEKT RED and drop the CD. The perfect time would have been before Witcher 3's release.

Kvik

Does anyone have the direct Gamespot CDN link for Part One? I'd rather not scrape the Youtube link and be in pixelation hell.

Uh oh. So the final HUD is an opaque multicolored mess? Looks a bit MMO. When will they learn from Skyrim, Halo, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Praying for opacity options and that in the future we don't end up with several primary colors, beige radar maps, and animated color icons for everything.

They will have options for HUD on consoles as well.

Always the last month of waiting and the hype building is absolutely devastating to my mind... I simply am having too much trouble waiting for this shit. ARG.

Top Bottom