• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 8 should cost $1,500?

Moreche

I'm jumping over to iPhone, Apple Watch and iOS next month but I won't be paying that much to do it. I'll just purchase an iPhone 7 Plus and series 2 watch.
I will wait until OLED becomes standard on iPhone and not some holy grail to sell its flagship.

Erebus

I'm jumping over to iPhone, Apple Watch and iOS next month but I won't be paying that much to do it. I'll just purchase an iPhone 7 Plus and series 2 watch.
I will wait until OLED becomes standard on iPhone and not some holy grail to sell its flagship.
Wait to see what the iPhone 7s Plus has to offer at least, surely that won't cost more than usual.

Mortemis

Banned
You guys think apple will keep the oled screen for their premium model (the 8 this year) for the foreseeable future? Idk how hard manufacturing enough oled screens for the regular iPhones is, but it would suck if next years phones and after have it and the plus with just lcd screens.

$1000 is too rich for my blood, i'd be down for the 7s but my 6s is still going strong and it doesn't seem to be a big upgrade from it (like the 8) so I think I'll wait till next year.

Blackhead

Redarse
Note 8 announced yest at 950. I expect the new iphone anywhere from 999-1200.
Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Samsung had some info that made them feel ok with that price
Actually traditionally the Galaxy Note Series has always been the more expensive. The first Galaxy Note was higher priced unlocked and also +$100 more on contract than the iPhone 4. The Galaxy Note 7 was higher priced than the iPhone 7+ last year and Galaxy S/Edge/Note prices have been creeping upwards for a while. If the new iPhone is more expensive than a Galaxy Note that would be a shock to Apple's customers
You guys think apple will keep the oled screen for their premium model (the 8 this year) for the foreseeable future? Idk how hard manufacturing enough oled screens for the regular iPhones is, but it would suck if next years phones and after have it and the plus with just lcd screens.

$1000 is too rich for my blood, i'd be down for the 7s but my 6s is still going strong and it doesn't seem to be a big upgrade from it (like the 8) so I think I'll wait till next year.
There are rumors that there will be three models next year with OLED but no clarification yet what that implies. It's possible to do the current iPhone big bezel design with OLED but I think what most people want is a bezeless iPhone for $650... A lot will depend on how Apple sells this year's iPhone '8' model i.e. will it be an iPhone 'X' (anniversary, one time special model) or will be an iPhone 'Pro' (continuously released model tier which some design features are restricted to)

I'd be ok with a $1500 phone, if, it lasted as long as a computer/laptop I could purchase at that price range. But who are we kidding, I'll ride it out for 4 years on my current phone, the previous phone, and the next phone.

I don't know how the majority of people out there can afford a new phone every year (without subsidizing it).

Everytime a new iPhone comes out, we buy one for our CEO, and his assistant (they're mobile and use their phones for a solid 8 hours a day). Besides that my old brick does just fine.

I'm just blown away at the increasing prices.

Vuze

Nahh, they are heavily investing in OLED production so they can offer the tech in higher quantity next year. Pretty sure we'll see the usual 2 models next year both with OLED and regular pricing. Perhaps a third model if this isn't an anniversary phone but a completly new line ("iPhone Pro"). It would make sense looking at Samsungs Note line.

E: That's basically what Blackhead said. nvm ha

Vamp

I like apple products (i am using iPhone and macbook) but u would never pay over 1000$ for a phone when my iPhone 6s is good enough.
I would rather buy xbox scorpio and 4k tv.

Top Bottom