• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Silent Hills a multiplatform title?

RayMaker

Banned
I think there's a good chance it could go either way.

It would be a big catch for Sony and a foolish mistake for MS to let slip through there hands.

If it does come to the X1 and is 720p I will loose a lot of respect for konami.

RyuHei

I think there's a good chance it could go either way.

It would be a big catch for Sony and a foolish mistake for MS to let slip through there hands.

If it does come to the X1 and is 720p I will loose a lot of respect for konami.

You better start loosening those respects. You might lose your sanity afterwards.

JP

For all that's been said here it's nothing but guesswork at the moment, unless I've missed something we don't yet know the reasons behind PT ending up on the PS4 only. Recent moves by Sony could possibly mean that they're working with Konami in some way and I'm guessing that MGS was something that Sony wouldn't be able to touch even if they wanted to and I suppose Silent Hills doesn't carry as much weight so it would be a little easier for them to work a deal with this if they wanted to.

I'd be surprised though, I was surprised with Street Fighter but in some ways this is quite a bit bigger, not because of Silent Hill but because of Kojima.

There are benefits to it being single platform as well as it being multi-platform, if it's on all systems then more people get to play it but if it's on a single platform then hopefully it would take advantage of that specific hardware (whichever platform) and it should benefit from that.

Whatever happens in the end, I'm not buying any new hardware to play it but if it's released on a platform that I own then I'll be very happy to play it.

My favorite Trilogy of all time ( and the most underrated as well ) Xenosaga in HD is coming? OMG if that happen I will cry out of joy, no kidding tears will come out of my eyes ;_;

FFXII HD? I hated it so much when if came out, but after FFXIII's Trilogy I'm so willing to give it another chance because I do remember the battle system were excellent.

A Final Fantasy spin-off for consoles? anything on consoles are most welcome even if they ported FFIV and other FF from mobile to consoles are most welcome too.

A new Suikoden? take all your time even if is going to be released years later, at less we are getting a new one... now just give us Wild Arms 6 for PS4 and my wish list would be complete.

This is the best things I've heard in a very long time, really made my day :)

and oh... DQVIII will looks godly in HD if that ever happen, I hope it does.

Melchiah

There are benefits to it being single platform as well as it being multi-platform, if it's on all systems then more people get to play it but if it's on a single platform then hopefully it would take advantage of that specific hardware (whichever platform) and it should benefit from that.

That's certainly a benefit, as this is the game I wouldn't wish to see being shackled by parity. I think it's an interesting thought, that Silent Hill series has been pretty much dead, and the status of the franchise was at its lowest after all the mediocre entries and screw ups, then after all this time its exclusive demo is stealthily revealed at Sony's conference.

For all that's been said here it's nothing but guesswork at the moment, unless I've missed something we don't yet know the reasons behind PT ending up on the PS4 only. Recent moves by Sony could possibly mean that they're working with Konami in some way and I'm guessing that MGS was something that Sony wouldn't be able to touch even if they wanted to and I suppose Silent Hills doesn't carry as much weight so it would be a little easier for them to work a deal with this if they wanted to.

I'd be surprised though, I was surprised with Street Fighter but in some ways this is quite a bit bigger, not because of Silent Hill but because of Kojima.

Whatever happens in the end, I'm not buying any new hardware to play it but if it's released on a platform that I own then I'll be very happy to play it.

MGS GZ had like 80%+ sales on Playstation. Its kind of like the FF situation where that fan base is already predominantly on Playstation and buy playstation for those franchises so why spend so much to make them fully exclusive. We saw how Destiny gave a bigger bump to PS4's than Halo 3 did for the 360 and that was a multi platform title.

I think the major benefits for Japanese companies is getting their next gen engine running and getting a title out there. We see SCEJ helping FROM with Bloodborne, Capcom with their next gen engine as well and perhaps even smaller devs like Level 5 in order to make the transition to next gen smoother and quicker. I think such partnerships whether its Sony, MS or Nintendo are a good thing especially if the venture turns out to be successful and franchises are revived or notable ones are created.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Is this a big Budget Game that will also catch the interest of non Japano Fans...Or this is more on of those mid-budget games for japanese audience (tales of , Persona )

Do you guys remember this from Verendus?

I had some second thoughts about doing this, but what the hell? I don't think it will matter if it's like this. Sony has exclusive games coming from the following:

- Sega
- Capcom
- Level-5
- Namco Bandai
- Lockstarter (lol)
- Lazyeye (lol)
- Warner Bros.
- Koei

Some others too but will not say those just yet. This isn't including partnerships which wouldn't really be third party. It's okay though guys, Sony doesn't have any money. Poor people for a reason. Lockstarter? Who has even heard of them? Exactly.

Having said that, the larger focus is on improving their first party teams and taking things from there.

Edit -

Someone in the list who shouldn't be. Removed for now...
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=79992793&postcount=392

Warner Bros developing that Superman Game exclusive for Ps4??

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

Oh god, I think my heart just skipped a few beats.

David___

Banned
Is this a big Budget Game that will also catch the interest of non Japano Fans...Or this is more on of those mid-budget games for japanese audience (tales of , Persona )

Do you guys remember this from Verendus?

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=79992793&postcount=392

Warner Bros developing that Superman Game exclusive for Ps4??

Has Verendus ever clarified who Lockstarter and Lazyeye are? I know the common beliefs are Activision and Rockstar but I just don't see either of them, especially Activision, making an exclusive.

Has Verendus ever clarified who Lockstarter and Lazyeye are? I know the common beliefs are Activision and Rockstar but I just don't see either of them, especially Activision, making an exclusive.

they are pretty big studios, i dont know why else he should hide them under codenames.

So they are obviously Activision and Rocktstar Games.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just a reminder. Because of the framebuffer demands of Fox Engine that was showcased at GDC 2013, if this game ends up being multiplatform Xbone will most likely again be home to 720p version of this game. Same as with GZ, PES and almost certainly TPP.

Just a reminder. Because of the framebuffer demands of Fox Engine that was showcased at GDC 2013, if this game ends up being multiplatform Xbone will most likely again be home to 720p version of this game. Same as with GZ, PES and almost certainly TPP.

Other deferred rendered games have been above 720p on the xbone.

Biker19

Banned
So far, Japanese 3rd party support has been improving a lot on PS4 than on PS3. :)

I thought the PS4 was the standard dudebro console this gen?

Playstation was never about targeting "Dudebros," it was about targeting all genres of gamers, including those like myself who are into a ton of single player games.

Sorcerer

Isn't Silent Hill in the toilet as of the last game?

Perhaps it was easy for Sony to snatch this up exclusively because "Silent Hill who cares?"

Maybe Sony even suggested Kojima and Deltoro for it (or something special for the game in general) and paid Konami up the wazoo to make it happen?

Isn't Silent Hill in the toilet as of the last game?

Perhaps it was easy for Sony to snatch this up exclusively because "Silent Hill who cares?"

Maybe Sony even suggested Kojima and Deltoro for it (or something special for the game in general) and paid Konami up the wazoo to make it happen?

If Silent Hills is anything like P.T Minus the puzzles it will be probably the best horror game in a long time.

no he said we should decode them. He also said, those who shall not be named..

So he meant some pretty big studios.

Oh, I knew I was missing something. What makes people think it's Activision and Rockstar? I guess R* is possible if Agent is still a thing, but I really don't see Activision making an exclusive game.

Sorcerer

If Silent Hills is anything like P.T Minus the puzzles it will be probably the best horror game in a long time.

No doubt this game is going to be something special.

I was just saying it was perhaps smart of Sony to snatch up a Silent Hill for itself while its down and add all this amazing talent behind it to ensure it would be a quite the catch for them to have exclusively.

Oh, I knew I was missing something. What makes people think it's Activision and Rockstar? I guess R* is possible if Agent is still a thing, but I really don't see Activision making an exclusive game.

LazyEye = Active Vision its the opposite (more or less)

I mean there aren that many big studios out there right? What else could it be...^^

Endo Punk

Wouldn't surprise me if Sony decides to lend a hand with the game. Silent Hill's value as an IP has dramatically dropped in the past 10 years. And although the horror genre is making a resurgence a AAA survival horror is still a wild card. Konami/Kojima will need all the help they can get. Maybe Kojima gets the og creator from SCEj on board, that would be a dream come true.

JP

That's certainly a benefit, as this is the game I wouldn't wish to see being shackled by parity. I think it's an interesting thought, that Silent Hill series has been pretty much dead, and the status of the franchise was at its lowest after all the mediocre entries and screw ups, then after all this time its exclusive demo is stealthily revealed at Sony's conference.
That's the way I see Silent Hill too, I just don't see it the Silent Hill name having the power it used to have. That's why I think it's maybe within the grasp of Sony to secure a "working relationship" with Konami with this title as seems to be a way that they like to work now.

I don't think that anything would have livened up this franchise to the extent of what could happen with the Kojima announcement.

How long has Kojima been talking about moving away from MGS? I'm not suggesting that it's happened but I wouldn't be too surprised that he'd jump on the chance of trying something new and Konami NEED something new to happen to the franchise as it's pretty much dead money for them at the moment.

Although again, I'm not saying that it has happened but Sony's new practice of working on third party games that may well never have existed without them, Kojima wanting to do something new, Konami probably not wanting to waste any more money on the franchise and all the hints of old PlayStation franchises coming "back to PlayStation" may suggest that something interesting is happening here.

For what it was the PT demo was a pretty major stealth announcement at the show which could also be a really good way of testing the water for Silent Hills and I'd assume that both Sony and Konami would be very pleased with the amount of chatter and positivity it created online.

Of course, we don't really know anything at the moment.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

All of these sound wonderful and I hope things fall through.

Your Knack clones are creepy though...I thought it was just one person and then I started seeing them everywhere, with different usernames...

EDIT
Silly me. I wanted to type something along the lines of "these plans will go through and happen" (knowing how plans don't always go as planned) lol...

At first I wanted to rule out exclusivity of SH based on GZ/TPP, but when I think about it...

MGS = strongly connected to the PS brand. Sales ratios kinda reflect that I guess? But still they put out GZ, TPP and the HDs on Xbox and even PC. Likely because the IP itself has a strong pull so even relatively lower sales on the other platforms are still a lot of profit. Enough to be too expensive for Sony to make any deal with Konami about it.

SH = weak affiliation with PS. But the series and its sales went down the drain. So for Konami to risk developing it in house again could mean that they get help&funds from Sony. The very successful P.T. marketing stunt from both Sony&KP might have only strengthened any possible deal.
So yeah, I would not be surprised if it's PS4 only. Maybe a PC version as Sony doesn't seem to mind for IPs they don't own, but could be coming much later.

No way they keep a AAA survival horror game exclusive in 2015-2016. They stand to make far more money putting it on multiple platforms.

No way they keep a AAA survival horror game exclusive in 2015-2016. They stand to make far more money putting it on multiple platforms.

Depends. The horror genre has been weird recently, with the smaller indie titles having much more impact (think Amnesia) while AAA games have stumbled a little. Silent Hill, as a brand, has certainly seem better days, so some sort of collaboration with a platform holder may not be the craziest thing in the world, especially if they're willing to cover marketing costs and assist in development of the title in some capacity. With Konami basically living on MGS and PES, someone else may have to kick them into gear with their other franchises.

BONKERS

PC MGS HD collection huh? I'd really appreciate an option for a stable 30FPS lock and an option to play MGS2 @60FPs but cutscenes at 30. It'd also be nice if they fixed all of the added bugs and typos introduced in those versions. Not to mention the fucked up sequenced music missing reverb in MGS2. (Go load up the PS2 or original Xbox version, go to basic actions, listen to the music. Then listen to the same in the HD version. Reverb be gone!)

MGS4, i'd love this, but only if they don't ridiculously over compress the information and any FMVs like the intros. If the game took up nearly 50GB on PS3 on blu-ray, it better damn do the same on PC.

FFXII HD would be amazing, hopefully they smartly release it on PS4/PS3/PC.
Uncompressed, lossless English audio (No low sample rate/low bit rate crap. I'm sure the sources exist) and re-done music with a proper budget (meaning the entire soundtrack done with a live orchestra) AND an option to use the original music if wanted. Some ACTUAL Anti-Aliasing and 16xAF would be great too. (FFX HD, as much as improved the textures are, detail dies off quickly at angles due to lack of AF)

Xenosaga HD< https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CYzT_ZTye1A/UO5HFdKKkzI/AAAAAAAAAi8/saG2vZgwdpw/s1600/YESPLEASE.png

PS3/PS4> any other platforms to help increase audience and sales. I worry about Xenosaga I though, just because IIRC a large portion of the cutscenes are actually FMVs rather than Real Time! (Similar to how it's common practice these days. Which is nutty)

I think it has more to do with the X1 running Fox Engine like absolute garbage than a real deal.
I'm sure Hideo didn't want the unveiling of the scariest hallway simulator ever to be running at 720p with a variable framerate.
I think Fox Engine running like garbage on XB1 and PT being exclusive are both because KojiPro (or whatever the fuck they are now) aren't putting much effort into the platform in general.

It's an afterthought.

Top Bottom