• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Silent Hills a multiplatform title?

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

1. Sounds plausible. Konami just re-released 1/2 so I would imaging they're gauging the audience for this.

2. I don't think this is a Rocksteady game but at the same time WB Montreal are probably working on that Suicide Squad game. But Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman are coming out so I can see them making a Superman game to capitalize on it.

3. Considering we're getting new or just had new Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, Tekken and Dead or Alive games so this makes sense.

4. I hope this is true. MGS is long overdue for the PC.

5. I loved FFXII and haven't played DQ8 so I really hope this is true. Though considering DQ8 just got a mobile port I don't know how likely that is.

6. Please do this Namco. I've played Gears and Blade and loved them to death but I want to try Saga.

7. Sounds obvious enough.

8. I'm going to guess Shenmue. Sony really seems to be helping publishers get games people wanted off the ground (see Grim Fandango and Suikiden) plus Shenmue is complicated to begin with so I would imagine we're going to see Shenmue in some form.

9. I was going to guess a new IP but it seems like a new Assassin's Creed to me.

10. New IP?

11. I always wanted a Bonnie and Clyde game.

12. "Coming Home" yeah it's crash probably.

If your rumors do pad out (I don't know how accurate you are but you're Avatar looks trustworthy) it sounds really exciting.

Qwark

11. I always wanted a Bonnie and Clyde game.

Anybody remember the ill-fated Faith and a .45?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKx-iwn0vQ

I was so pumped for this game. Honestly it looked a little weak mechanically, but the style looked great. I was really bummed when it got canceled. It's probably a long shot but I would be so happy if somebody revived it. I mean it already resembles Red Dead Revolver, it would be pretty fitting if it came back from the dead just like Revolver did.

Top Bottom