• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It appears Target has made a horrendous business decision (regarding Garth Brooks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaly

Checked out the clearance at my local target today.

ilPyAhD.jpg

Yeah, Shipwreck RT my picutures- my Target in New Jersey has over 200 of them strewn throughout the store

I'm sure there are parts of the country where this sold just fine, and Target is a national chain, but maybe you shouldn't be sending hundreds of country CDs to states that voted for Hillary?
Garth Brooks is super liberal

bengraven

My local Toys R Us had dozens and dozens of these $200 monstrosities for years. They took up an entire aisle by themselves and were away from the other figures in a lonely aisle that eventually became the toys to life aisle.

star-wars-droid-carrier-vehicle-500x500.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
For $10 I might actually bite. I'm not a huge country fan but he's really good.
I'll have to check out one of my local Targets, a big boxed set for the price of an album is a good deal. I'm not a country listener, but Garth Brooks has some good songs.

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

NotSelf

I might try it i've been choping up sampling music for the last year and country music is the only genre I stay away from but I learned that you can make anything sound cool with effects and a little bit of imagination.

Rest

someone tell an uninformed person like me what the problem is with garth brooks?

Nothing. No one is going to buy a box full of CDs for $40. $10 is the price for CDs, it doesn't matter how many there are (unless you're Metallica.)

rjinaz

someone tell an uninformed person like me what the problem is with garth brooks?

Dude is a talented artist and one of the best selling of all time.

But in 2017 ain't nobody buying expensive cd sets with digital and streaming existing, even if his songs aren't widely available digitally.

This reminds me of going to a WalMart in, late summer, I believe, and they had 50-100 copies of Brooks' special box set that was from the previous Black Friday. This was maybe 10 years ago or so now.

Brooks' agents must make some good deals for Target to make the same mistake.

rpmurphy

But in 2017 ain't nobody buying expensive cd sets with digital and streaming existing, even if his songs aren't widely available digitally.
Yeah, he was one of the last big holdouts on digital distribution of music, and eventually launched his own overpriced digital marketplace... which I just checked and it's shutting down on March 3rd. 😂

Yeah, nobody is really shit talking Garth Brooks in here, we're just chuckling at the difference between what Target thought this would sell and what it actually sold. That's just funny regardless of what the product is.

noquarter

Saw a bunch of these at Target as well. Would have bought one if it had studio albums, but looks like mostly crap, unless you are a Garth Brooks fan, which I'm not too much of.

Buy out the entire inventory. Become the white elephant dude who always brings Garth Brooks. Profit in life.
Should head back. Do need to profit in life.

Rest

Buy out the entire inventory. Become the white elephant dude who always brings Garth Brooks. Profit in life.

Saw a bunch of these at Target as well. Would have bought one if it had studio albums, but looks like mostly crap, unless you are a Garth Brooks fan, which I'm not too much of.

Should head back. Do need to profit in life.

The great thing about this is that you can put it in different sized boxes, add noisy fillers, and do things to make people think "okay, he didn't bring it this time," and then BOOM! there it is, Garth Brooks!

There should be a machine that stamps Garth Brooks CDs and also has a mechanical arm that can chuck them right into a giant toilet that can accommodate the size and shape of millions of Garth Brooks CDs.

Funny bump. I work at a goodwill. A woman just came in asking if we had this boxset. She went to our local Target and they told her they donated them all to goodwill, so she came here looking for them. There are two Goodwills in town, the other being right down the street from target whereas mine is on the otherside of town. We didn't get them, so they must have donated them all to the one closer to them. Pretty funny. Wonder how many they got.

Aselith

Funny bump. I work at a goodwill. A woman just came in asking if we had this boxset. She went to our local Target and they told her they donated them all to goodwill, so she came here looking for them. There are two Goodwills in town, the other being right down the street from target whereas mine is on the otherside of town. We didn't get them, so they must have donated them all to the one closer to them. Pretty funny. Wonder how many they got.

I bet they're a dollar a piece or w/e. You could do this. You SHOULD do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom