• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki: I WILL RELEASE Devil's Third in North and South America

Deku Tree

Why can't NoA just release it digitally on the eShop with minimal or no marketing dollars? Is there some reason not to do that?

I have no interest in this game, but I'm always up for an NoA hatefest. They're the fucking worst. Reggie was a mistake, he's nothing but trash.

Ridley327

I thought NoA was just a marketing arm of NoJ that made no real decisions and had no real power?

I feel like that NoA is a great deal more autonomous than they get credit for, but the lack of greenlight power to pursue their own productions makes a lot of people think that they're just NCL's English-speaking puppet.

NotLiquid

Uh oh.

According to Tamaki (Unseen64), NoA completely canceled it's release plans because pre-release reception was overwhelmingly negative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWfcPfxnmc

It's all dependent on them finding another publisher willing to take over.

A preview embargo is allegedly going to be lifted July 15, and they're not expecting kind things to be said about it.

Brofield

Uh oh.

According to Tamaki (Unseen64), NoA completely canceled it's release plans because pre-release reception was overwhelmingly negative.

A preview embargo is allegedly going to be lifted July 15, and they're not expecting kind things to be said about it.

Well, that's depressing.

I mean, XSEED seems to be the likely source, but given how they turned down Earth Seeker from the Wii era due to poor sales, I feel they might wait for the review embargoes to lift before completely coming out saying they won't.

That being said, fuck Nintendo's region-locking. Let me decide for myself if the game is worth my time. The mid-tier games have completely fallen out of favour and the void they left meant our only options as gamers are either AAA or Indie titles. Both fun, but very little out there that provides a happy middle ground for an exclusively console gamer. Devil's Third and Project Treasure seem to be the only games providing this experience (at least on Wii U) and I want something cheesy I can laugh with/at.

Bl@de

Hmm always looked like a fun trash game. Thought it would be fun. Still hope it's good. At least here in Europe I can buy it^^ But the video sounds like it has a lot of problems

jmizzal

Uh oh.

They compare it to the Disaster Day of Crisis situation which Key members of NOA didnt like, but Disaster was a very good game so I could care less let me judge the game myself.

This doesnt explain why NOA didnt want to publish the best JRPG of last gen and one of the best games of all time, Xenoblade and made it a retail exclusive.

Thats just dumb

L Thammy

Uh oh.

If this is true, I hold every gaffer who has not posted in this thread directly responsible for this. Also several of the gaffers who have posted in this thread.
:|

69wpm

Man, I couldn't care less about the graphics. But if the frame-rate and the aiming is bad I'm not gonna be happy about it.

Top Bottom