• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki: I WILL RELEASE Devil's Third in North and South America

duckroll

My suggestion would be pool a bunch of questions together from the forum and contact that email as a representation of NeoGAF on a whole requesting if they would like to address questions directly from fans. Also indicate that the replies would be posted in full, so there would be no paraphrasing, which they seem afraid of.

jmizzal

I don't really like teasing too much, so yeah, I'll say that as far as I know, there's good reason to believe that NoA is not publishing this and that another publisher will be releasing the game, which should mean that it is not a digital only release. Hopefully the plans don't change or fall through.

Itagaki has the worst luck ever on this project. :/

Good I hope XSeed picks it up, they do a great job with games they published, Rodea and The Last Story got great collector editions

screw off NOA

synce

Is this real life right now? Is NOA seriously going to fuck over Itagaki this hard? At least have some respect for the devs who've been working on this game for 30 years.

jmizzal

Uhhhh might want to take another look at Rodea.

Ok it wasnt XSeed but it still has a great collectors edition lol

Edit
Interesting tweet from Xseed

"XSEED Games ‏@XSEEDGames Jun 5
And if you want see a full picture of XSEED's 2015 (so far), well...here you go. We're crazy. "

https://twitter.com/xseedgames

Notice the "so far", they make a point of it in the picture also

hmmm maybe Devlis Thrid get added

when people look at this game it looks fun but often you see post questioning the quality or how the game looks

it was a shock that this was heading to Wii U but it is even stranger that it is have that much of a hard time getting a decent retail release

exclusive to Amazon Japan? WTF is that about?

My suggestion would be pool a bunch of questions together from the forum and contact that email as a representation of NeoGAF on a whole requesting if they would like to address questions directly from fans. Also indicate that the replies would be posted in full, so there would be no paraphrasing, which they seem afraid of.

Well I'll offer a few:

1. Itagaki-san since E3 2014 to even to beginning of this year you have stated that a key component of Devil's Third is large-scale multiplayer action. Do you still have such goals for the multiplayer portion in terms of having a large player-count? If you do how do think you can achieve them?

2. Itagaki-san were there any plans to make Devil's Third a free-to-play game and monetize cosmetic items in order to attract a larger player-base?

3. How is the singleplayer portion of the game compared to your past games? Is it longer? Is is structured differently? How similar is the combat?

4. During the demo at E3 last year I saw a Score Attack option for missions, is that still present? Are there leaderboards for Score Attack mode?

5. Does the story in Devil's Third have a definitive end? Do you plan on exploring the world and characters in a later game?

6. Does Valhalla Games have the IP rights to Devil's Third?

7.Can you share any comments on your current relationship with Nintendo?

Finally I'll like to say I plan to get your game Day 1 Itagaki-san. I am hoping for a physical release in North America and feel it is important in order to attract as many players as possible. I can't wait to experience Devil's Third. I am hopeful for your future success.

benzy

The man's unwillingness to give this up is very admirable. Game sounds like it went through hell and somehow came out a live, in the form of Devil's Turd. Might get this just to back his ass even if I have no plans to get a Wii-U.

jgvgddjckx.jpg

@MUWANdo

Banned
One question that springs to mind: the latest footage from the Japanese overview video seems to be missing a lot of the graphic violence from earlier build, including dismemberment. Is that a Japanese censorship issue or has the entire game been toned down?

It doesn't bother me either way, just curious.

Edit

And if you want see a full picture of XSEED's 2015 (so far), well...here you go. We're crazy. "

The Tweet is from June 5 though, before E3 and the latest anime con.

Though Xseed would be the best.

Shizuka

Edit

No, it's probably Xanadu Next, the only game that XSEED is involved but yet to be properly announced at this time.

L Thammy

Well, if anyone is willing to ask, I've got some questions that have nothing to do with the publisher.

- Devil's Third has been billed as a shooter, but we've also seen a lot of melee weapons. What sort of attack, maneuvers, and other tools do we have available for us in melee combat, and how does it compare to other shooters and action games?

- Similarly, what does gunplay add to the game? Is the player supposed to have a choice between playing like a shooter and playing like a character action game, or is the player expected to make full use of both?

- We've seen some prominent Buddhist imagery in the game. What is the purpose of that? Is it meant to give the game a distinctive Japanese style, or does it reflect the game's themes?​

I'm a little more interested in how the game will turn out than who is publishing it.

oh gosh...!
what could be more modern than a Wii game?
I'd say just 3Ds or Wii U game...
are there "uncompleted" 3ds or wiiu games yet to be confirmed?

Zelda...or Pokken? (can't think anything about the 3DS)

Maybe the Wii U Japanese garden demo was part of a cancelled game.

G0523

are there "uncompleted" 3ds or wiiu games yet to be confirmed?

Zelda...or Pokken? (can't think anything about the 3DS)

There was that casual trivia game from Ubisoft that they said was basically finished but withheld because of how poor other games have been selling. But it's not like a casual trivia game on Wii U would've sold a lot anyway.

69wpm

Review copies seem to be out since Saturday, but embargoed until August. I didn't expect the game to be finished already.

tumblr_nr2rz8lnJo1tvi61po1_1280.jpg

I can't believe the bad rap this is getting based purely on the visuals. People seem to be disregarding the fact that the Wii U couldn't do much better visually anyway!

You could argue that it's lengthy development doesn't bode well (ala Duke Nukem Forever), but this is different because the team hasn't changed, nor has their vision.

I don't see how the game can be anything but great, considering it's by the creator of one of the best action games ever, and has had Nintendo assistance for at least a year on top.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
By the will of Itagaki make it happen!

Broritos

I can't believe the bad rap this is getting based purely on the visuals. People seem to be disregarding the fact that the Wii U couldn't do much better visually anyway!

You could argue that it's lengthy development doesn't bode well (ala Duke Nukem Forever), but this is different because the team hasn't changed, nor has their vision.

I don't see how the game can be anything but great, considering it's by the creator of one of the best action games ever, and has had Nintendo assistance for at least a year on top.

There are many games that are on Wii U, PS3 and 360 that look better than Devil's Third.

The Wii U is certainly capable of better visuals.

@MUWANdo

Banned

Their vision clearly has changed--the main character and some of the other over-the-top aesthetic elements like the music are a direct result of the publisher change.

People are focusing on the visuals because Nintendo isn't giving them anything else to talk about. Y'know what NOE has done since announcing this game (with a 10-second video of the main character playing a drum solo on Facebook)? Answer: nothing; maybe a couple tweets, that's it. They're very conspicuously sending this game to die and we can't discount the idea that it's because it simply isn't much fun.

Considering the way Nintendo is rolling this game out, why the hell did they fund it in the first place? At least NOJ and NOE are actually releasing it. I don't like idea of having to appeal to a company to release a game, especially during a month that Wii U has nothing in North America.

tbd

Looks around Metal Gear Rising level if not better, graphics-wise. Don't get the hate the graphics get. Gameplay looks decent, too. Just finished GTA V and I doubt the shootouts will be worse and this is considered one of the best games ever made by so many.

I expect 5/10 reviews scores, though.

I don't even think I'll pick it up myself, but I still want Devil's Third to come to the Americas, if only because I get the impression that the resulting Miiverse community could turn out to be as entertaining as one for that AVGN game.

(and yes, I know there'll be European and Japanese communities for the game, too, anyways, but an American one would mean that I wouldn't have to translate as high of a proportion of the posts in it...)

hatchx

Banned
I want this game. I think it looks fun. If this doesn't come to NA, it'd affect me more than the Operation Rainfall games.

I have faith it'll come to NA if Itagaki promises it will. I doubt it'll have much of an online presence the way its being sent to die.

Top Bottom