• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've left clues to new game announcements for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMephistoX

Same please. Had no idea it was even up already but I'd love an invite.

For the most part you need to be a part of a community thread on GAF and then join Discord. Check the SFV OT thread post by Karsticles for details. You have to quote his post because the mods have disabled linking to the sites somehow.

ResetEra will be a separate forum. It was only organized through GAF-affiliated Discords because that was the only place people could hang out over the weekend while GAF was down, when we didn't know if or when it would be coming back, and in what form.

Eventually it will be open to public sign-ups, but I have no idea how soon it will be. Might be weeks. I think they want the confirmed GAF veterans to get in the door first so they can set up the sub-communities properly. When it opens up, there will likely be some kind of e-mail requirement like the one here on GAF (no Hotmail/Yahoo/Gmail), but it's possible they'll waive it for people who confirm their identities through a GAF connection, in case you no longer have access to the kind of institutional e-mail addresses that got you into GAF in the first place. These concerns were brought up pretty early. I'm not the one to ask about this, though: I'm not on the team running this, I don't think the plan for the next phase of invitations has been finalized, and I can't confirm anything.

Asking for invites in this thread probably won't do anything, by the way, at least not yet. But everyone is aware that a lot of people here who were cut out of the loop are interested.
Thank you for the information. As someone who doesnt have discord its been weird not knowing whats going on since the tweet

I'd be interested in joining ResetEra, but I don't have discord and I graduated so I don't have my gaf signup email anynore. And no one here really knows me...

I'll just lurk I guess and see what's going to become of gaf and era.

I'd be interested in joining ResetEra, but I don't have discord and I graduated so I don't have my gaf signup email anynore. And no one here really knows me...

I'll just lurk I guess and See what's going To become of gaf and era.
I hope a system with Gaf PMs is set up for us less prominent who are interested

Ludovico

Asking for invites in this thread probably won't do anything, by the way, at least not yet. But everyone is aware that a lot of people here who were cut out of the loop are interested.

I never stuck to a single community, so wasn't really sure how to grab a raft via Discord...
Looking forward to the reset and hoping I can join on the new place without too much delay!

PS - EBF, always loved seeing you in threads, can't miss your avatar :"(

Jezan

Thanks for the info OP. Good luck wherever you go :)
why should I believe you

where's the proof

just someone posting rumors on the internet
I don't know if this is a side account of yours, if not, then you are a junior, you don't know OP's story about stuff posted by that account before so...
There is (or was) a reason why GAF always has info first than anyone else.

Jezan

Still assuming this thread isn't a joke, I couldn't see it being Dread. In MP3, the Space Pirate log said the project had already failed. So unless MP4 takes place before MP3 for some reason, or project Dread is resurrected, then it's not Dread.
Well there are various branches of space pirates, maybe one of the took the project, or maybe it takes place after Fusion and they have more knowledge and are trying again.

They've mentioned they're aware of many people here wanting to join. There will be an eventual system I'm sure.

I sure hope so. I wasn't around this weekend so I missed the entire ordeal. And I didn't really frequent any community threads, so feeling a bit left behind right now.

Add me to the invite list.

Damn shame if I've missed the boat in getting ResetEra membership. Life's been too all over the place to sort out all these Discord links yet.

Really hope someone can help people like me out.

knkng

Ok, I'm confused. Is ResetEra just going to be a private discord community, or are people just wanting invites for discord until the actual forum goes live? Like, is ResetEra gonna be a website you can just click on and read, or is it permanently hidden from public view?

Ok, I'm confused. Is ResetEra just going to be a private discord community, or are people just wanting invites for discord until the actual forum goes live? Like, is ResetEra gonna be a website you can just click on and read, or is it permanently hidden from public view?

I think it's a proper forum being created from the private discord. It will be invite only for the start and I guess the discord members will have priority? Not sure about that though

knkng

I think it's a proper forum being created from the private discord. It will be invite only for the start and I guess the discord members will have priority? Not sure about that though

I hope that's the case. I have no urgency to become a member (and honestly, I'm too much of a grampa to start with all this discord business), but I'd still love to be able to just browse and read the forum until memberships are opened to the public.

Hell, get me on that there Reset Era. Don’t like the attitude of people coming out of the woodworks.

I think at this point if you aren't in the discord or know someone who can get you in then you just have to wait until the system is announced. It's understandable since creating an entire forum for so many people can't be easy

KLoWn

Call me stupid, but I've never used Discord and thought it was just some voice chat thingy? It has chat rooms too?

ValfarHL

Do any of you actually get invites? If so I'd really appreciate one too. Being witness to the whole process of building a new forum of this size seems interesting, and I just wanna talk about games, man.

E-phonk

Banned
Afaik reading will be available for all. The initial members will come from the various discords, which are a few thousands atm, but anyone will be able to sign up - although it might take a few days/weeks to get everything sorted out.

If the active discords are an indication a lot of well known members from here will make the switch, but importantly: it will be seen as it's own thing.
It's not gaf nor is it anti-gaf, it's a new forum build by some of the former communities from both gaming and the OT.

EDIT: your email of gaf is not important, they wouldn't know what email you have :)

I'll just lurk I guess and see what's going to become of gaf and era.

Similar situation here, though my work email *might* be active. Haven't checked.

I've also not been a part of any community, unless being a regular in the funny pics thread / parody urge thread counts.

ZeroD

I only recently got my account approved and my life’s being going through some shit the past few weeks so ive not had any chance to see what’s been happening or be on the ball.

I haven’t been around for long but it I would love an invite to ResetEra or discord. If someone could PM me I’d be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom