• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've left clues to new game announcements for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Odd, the polygon article made it sound like he was the head honcho.

I'm curious who else is involved and in what capacity, but don't want to make it easier for doxxers. Durante gives some faith. Maybe if Aenea was also.

Kswiston made essential rpg on GAF for years.

Cheesemeister made goty voting threads.

I like both of them, rational posters.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Not a drive by. I've read that Shinobi will be involved (https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/16536652/neogaf-resetera-forum-scandal-malka). Also seen rumours Slayvern will be a mod (not sure if true) plus other moderators who defected from GAF. Some of these moderators were terrible for building communities around themselves and didn't help foster an inclusive community here. If it's a new site it needs new blood in the mod team, not ‘personalities' who are celebrated and cheered for being rampant with the ban hammer and not being impartial.

That's enough of a warning sign for me. Both people mentioned above have in the past displayed tunnel vision and better than thou behaviour (”I'm right, your opinion doesn't matter") and both have an ego problem from what I've seen before. And they could be moderators? Fuck that. Just my opinion and that is enough to keep me away.

And like mentioned above, some of the sick stuff people have been doing here asking for bans, if they're the type going there; I'm out.

None of the upcoming moderators on ResetEra have been NeoGAF moderators. There are some ex-GAF moderators on-board, but they serve just in an advisory role in the RE Discord to set things up right.

sonto340

Not a drive by. I’ve read that Shinobi will be involved (https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/16536652/neogaf-resetera-forum-scandal-malka). Also seen rumours Slayvern will be a mod (not sure if true) plus other moderators who defected from GAF. Some of these moderators were terrible for building communities around themselves and didn’t help foster an inclusive community here. If it’s a new site it needs new blood in the mod team, not ‘personalities’ who are celebrated and cheered for being rampant with the ban hammer and not being impartial.

That’s enough of a warning sign for me. Both people mentioned above have in the past displayed tunnel vision and better than thou behaviour (“I’m right, your opinion doesn’t matter”) and both have an ego problem from what I’ve seen before. And they could be moderators? Fuck that. Just my opinion and that is enough to keep me away.

And like mentioned above, some of the sick stuff people have been doing here asking for bans, if they’re the type going there; I’m out.
It’s mostly people uninterested in era from what I can tell doing shit like that. The temperature in the discord seems to be to hang on to their gaf accounts in case they’re needed for one thing or another or in case the community recovers or whatever. But I’m sure you e got some information that trumps actually talking to people that are moving to the new forum and it’s not just tales from my ass 💁

NeatoKuni

Really excited to see themes, being tied to amiibo is a cool way to give us more value, I’d hate to see it locked though.
Also can someone pm me an invite to resetera pls+thanks

Pepboy

Aeana is in in an advisory capacity.

A forum. People just got to be a little bit more patient until it's up.

Kswiston made essential rpg on GAF for years.

Cheesemeister made goty voting threads.

I like both of them, rational posters.

Ah thank you both for info. I'm probably going to stay here for time being, but those names are worth some attention. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit: aeana bit seems incorrect

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aeana/status/922964158676643840

Lakuza

Really excited to see themes, being tied to amiibo is a cool way to give us more value, I’d hate to see it locked though.
Also can someone pm me an invite to resetera pls+thanks

theres no invites. You will be able to sign up as normal on the day it goes live.

fuzaco

Here's the full staff:

Admins:

Cerium
Emily Rogers
Methuselah
Nibel
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole
ZhugeEX

Moderators:

Ana
Brazil
BronsonLee
Cheesemeister
Durante
Hecht
Kagari
kristoffer
kswiston
Kyonashi
Matt
MaverickHunterAsh
MiraculousSwidge
Morrigan
RASCAL
Rowlf
Royalan
Slayven
Spider
Steve
Supernorn
Sylverstone

I don't know most of them, but I'm sure they can't be worse than Evilore.

NeatoKuni

theres no invites. You will be able to sign up as normal on the day it goes live.
Gotcha. Is there a discord or anything? I’d love to help in any way I can. (I was a mod for a couple months for Kinda Funny!) Also if you know, can people register with common emails? I lost access to my private one a while back so i might be SOL.

Lakuza

I was reading invites are being sent out in waves? Am keen to get involved.

invites only for like the first hour of registration and those are locked in now.

Its basically to ensure that the site doesnt crash once its live and gives the community and official topic creators enough time to set their threads up so that when everyone else starts to register they have threads ready to post in (and everyone will be able to register on the same day so theres no need to panic)

Gotcha. Is there a discord or anything? I'd love to help in any way I can. (I was a mod for a couple months for Kinda Funny!) Also if you know, can people register with common emails? I lost access to my private one a while back so i might be SOL.

The discords are locked right now as the sites will be going live some time today so theres not much to help out with right now. All the community reps are just waiting right now whilst the admins and mods set things up. It will be paid emails like gaf (.edu emails might work from what i remember reading).

Lol Slayven confirmed. Gonna be fun to watch that shit unfold. Actually it won’t because I won’t be there 🤔

Can't be much worse than Amirox or what's been happening the last week or so.

Kinda telling how people are trying to downplay new ventures.

Also seen rumours Slayvern will be a mod (not sure if true) plus other moderators who defected from GAF.

1. Slayven wasn't a mod

2. Slayven didn't build a community around himself, anytime any remote question or reference to a comic book came up on Gaf, Slayven was there with an answer or panels within minutes.
The Gaf community made him the Neogaf comic guy

sora87

Shame it's only paid emails again, hope the email i used for gaf still works (haven't logged into it for years)

SegaShack

Why does every thread turn into people advertising another website. I live for these sort of leak threads, they make my day.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Only paid emails? Where was this confirmed? I used Gmail here.

Not paid, but particular/work/educational emails.

You used gmail?! When i joined it wasn't possible to use free email sites, as to limit the amount of burner accounts.

Here's the full staff:

I don't know most of them, but I'm sure they can't be worse than Evilore.

If I trust Aeana (which I 100% do) then I'm not trusting the list since Kagari is an ex-mod.

Not doubting that some kind of a new forum will eventually go up, but the who's-doing-what rumors circulating may be false or spread by trolls.

fuzaco

If I trust Aeana (which I 100% do) then I'm not trusting the list since Kagari is an ex-mod.

Not doubting that some kind of a new forum will eventually go up, but the who's-doing-what rumors circulating may be false or spread by trolls.

It's from the official discord, posted by one of the admins. Aeana is also on the discord as a contributor.

Makes me really sad reading a final leak thread

Really looking forward to Resetera
Meh probably not the last but yes it is sad

actual forum, once it goes live, people can register on the same day. no invite needed.
Cool

This is the admin/mods list if anyone wants to know who they are:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252831601&postcount=53

Not bad I'd say. From the ones I know I'd say maybe there's more Nintendo fans than anything else :)D) but there're several good contributors from GAF so it does look good for now. Good luck to everyone involved!
Some personalities in there! It will be interesting but I hope it works out for them. So good luck guys!

Astral Dog

So no more GAF mods?.

Ill wait to see whats up.promises its GAF without the bullshit :D

Not a drive by. I've read that Shinobi will be involved (https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/16536652/neogaf-resetera-forum-scandal-malka). Also seen rumours Slayvern will be a mod (not sure if true) plus other moderators who defected from GAF. Some of these moderators were terrible for building communities around themselves and didn't help foster an inclusive community here. If it's a new site it needs new blood in the mod team, not ‘personalities' who are celebrated and cheered for being rampant with the ban hammer and not being impartial.

That's enough of a warning sign for me. Both people mentioned above have in the past displayed tunnel vision and better than thou behaviour (”I'm right, your opinion doesn't matter") and both have an ego problem from what I've seen before. And they could be moderators? Fuck that. Just my opinion and that is enough to keep me away.

And like mentioned above, some of the sick stuff people have been doing here asking for bans, if they're the type going there; I'm out.
Lol. No one come close to EviLore when talking about holier than thou behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom