• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

Has anyone ever seen an actual award show?

Every year someone at the Oscars will do some shtick like

"my costar in X movie is such a jackass,

naaaaah they're great though"

People are missing the point of these kind of shows. They aren't about recognizing excellence, they're about hanging onto the edge of your seat waiting for a drunk celebrity to mess up.

Dennis

Banned
I find it funny that anyone genuinely thinks Sutherland cares. The guy is a seasoned Hollywood actor and has been at the top of both Cinema and Television. Someone saying he wasn't the best videogame character voice actor is not going to make him lose sleep lol.

Well, for some delicate sections of GAF this was a joke that went too far. They were furiously clutching their pearls.

Lelcar

Jade also mentions on her twitter that the teleprompter was acting up. It seems like she just got unlucky and a bunch of things went wrong during her segment.

The Hayter joke was weirdly passive aggressive, but I doubt that Sutherland even realized or cared what happened there.

Sayad

Who cares if she was drunk? What relevance does that really have to the misprinted card and the scripted joke?
That's the thing, some thought the joke and the mistake were made because she was drunk. Honestly, Jade and the Konami burn were the only things that made me laugh last night.

wijwzm.gif

Who is this exactly?

She still has the best shots fired of the night.

Haha, yup.

Who knows if it was off script. She was obviously drunk. It's not exactly a conspiracy theory I mean Mark Hamill was three sheets to the wind too.

I didn't think Hamill was, he was pretty on the ball and he always throws in some cool voice over jokes and those two Joker ones were freaking great. If he was he did damn good.

Aaron Paul

Is that really him? I googled him and he looks different and it says that he's an actor. I assume he was there to accept the award and if he's an actor, not the one for nomination then why would he be there?

Googling him with the awards show and reverse image searching also just brings me back here.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is that really him? I googled him and he looks different and it says that he's an actor. I assume he was there to accept the award and if he's an actor, not the one for nomination then why would he be there?

Googling him with the awards show and reverse image searching also just brings me back here.

He's one of the people who worked on The Witcher 3.

He looks super confused since they called out Her Story's actress' name but said she was in TW3. You can see her freaking when she heard her name in the lower left.

Dingotech

They're joking. :p

I don't know their name, but they're a developer for CD Project Red.

Meth destroys people.

The Hayter thing was just poor timing. Sutherland was just on stage minutes ago receiving an award on behalf of konami right before Geoff blasted them for banning Kojima. Whether it was her intention or not it looked like she was dog piling on Konami further at Sutherland's expense. He probably didn't care but boy it must of been awkward being there as someone affiliated with the project.

Krabboss

Has anyone ever seen an actual award show?

Every year someone at the Oscars will do some shtick like

"my costar in X movie is such a jackass,

naaaaah they're great though"

People are missing the point of these kind of shows. They aren't about recognizing excellence, they're about hanging onto the edge of your seat waiting for a drunk celebrity to mess up.

There was a journalism award show in Australia a couple nights ago. It was mostly a trainwreck.

sappyday

Whoa I didn't know about the Sutherland shade. lol sort of disrespectful. But that was no way ad-lib so I'm surprised Geoff allowed that to happen. I'm assuming the delivery was to suppose to show respect but it shouldn't been brought up at all considering it's a touchy issue.

I don't know. Weird all around. Funny though.

This incident is why I never watch award ceremonies of any kind. There is way too much opportunity for awkwardness and cringe, I just can't

Top Bottom