• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Avery Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Terrible news to wake up to for the New Year. Great actor and I'm sure an even greater person off set. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air remains as my favorite sitcom ever thanks to him and the rest of the cast. Rest in peace Uncle Phil :(

Madness

I swear I'm not making this up but literally two days ago, I was thinking, imagine the say uncle Phil dies, would he be remembered like a Paul Walker, would there be a forum post for him on GAF where people post his best scenes from show etc.

And this was literally like two days ago I was thinking this randomly. I don't even know why I was thinking it, I mean who thinks of something like that. I did see the episode with Will's dad like 6 days ago, so subconsciously I might have had him in my mind. And he actually passes away.

Rest in Peace, James. You had one heck of a performance in Fresh Prince.

I almost never care when I hear of a actor dying. But this news seriously made super bummed. Uncle Phil was so dear to me, I know he was acting, but it always felt genuine like he really cared about his TV kids and nephew. It was like a camera following around a kooky, fun and sweet family that actually existed. The chemistry across the whole family was that genuine.

Such a shame to lose someone so great :(

I almost never care when I hear of a actor dying. But this news seriously made super bummed. Uncle Phil was so dear to me, I know he was acting, but it always felt genuine like he really cared about his TV kids and nephew. It was like a camera following around a kooky, fun and sweet family that actually existed. The chemistry across the whole family was that genuine.

Such a shame to lose someone so great :(

Well...except Aunt Viv

MechaX

Well...except Aunt Viv

It's kind of like a spin on the scenario of the old Family Matters mother; in that case, it was less drama amongst the cast, but more executive and producer meddling. In Aunt Viv, well...

And no, I'm still not over this news. Fuck, 2014 is off to a bad start.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Uncle Phil, you were the best. Thank you for the laughs
ilfykcT3XDAg7.gif

Despera

Banned
Me and my friend just finished re-watching Fresh Prince today... and then we read this piece of news... dammit man...

RIP :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom