• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: Nintendo Account launching today, official blog launched too

iBlue

Can you change the region of your NNID there? Mine is Canadian but I am currently living somewhere else.

Oh so this temporary discount is to entice you to register for a NNID and use it to spend money on the eShop. Good timing with shortages of Monster Hunter X ^^

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Once it launches in NOA, do we have to create a new username or can we keep or existing nnid one? I'm confused sorry.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Finally got the site to load, there's a FAQ section. Anything important there?

So that means if I want to add funs in there(assuming is not region lock) I can just use any American, canadian,etc card?

Not sure.... since for JP eshop you can always use foreign cards to add funds but not for NA eshop. I think Canadian eshop allows that as well

Shiggy

What's the point in having a new account instead of making this just an NNID feature? Honestly wondering.

Madao

Great, I was just about to purchase the Taiko WiiU3 from the jp eShop

Had the same problem, they all went to the junk folder

even my junk folder is empty.

this would be a pretty sad way to lose the chance of getting the nickname i want.

JoeM86

Thanks Joe :D

No problem buddy :)

Shame the service is getting hammered at the moment. Seems to be some sweet interconnectivity with the official Japanese website.

What's the point in having a new account instead of making this just an NNID feature? Honestly wondering.

Nintendo Account is the overarching thing from here on. It's absorbed the NNID to be your method of log in. You can create an account with FB, Twitter or Google but you won't get most of the benefits.

Shiggy

No problem buddy :)

Shame the service is getting hammered at the moment. Seems to be some sweet interconnectivity with the official Japanese website.

Nintendo Account is the overarching thing from here on. It's absorbed the NNID to be your method of log in.

So it replaces NNID for future systems?

even my junk folder is empty.

this would be a pretty sad way to lose the chance of getting the nickname i want.

you can try force them to resend if you want... just try input random number and they should send you a new one... but apparently the server is busy so that might take a while as well

I don't think nicknames are unique.
thinking that as well, considering you can change your nickname on the profile easily... seems like general social network name, where you can freely change it

So that means if I want to add funs in there(assuming is not region lock) I can just use any American, canadian,etc card?
Checked just now for you. You do it the exact same way you do for your 3DS or Wii U or whatever. It uses the same balance, same PIN (if you have one), etc.

You even have to enter in your NNID's password, I guess to prevent a little cousin from buying something dumb while you go take a piss.

Pachimari

This Nintendo Account, is that a universal one you can use for both your 3DS and Wii U? And does it function the same as a PSN and XBL account?

Sakura

I wish the transaction history was better displayed.
Looks too smart phone oriented right now, though I guess that is the whole point of the Nintendo Account.

Sakura

This Nintendo Account, is that a universal one you can use for both your 3DS and Wii U? And does it function the same as a PSN and XBL account?

Your NNID can already be used on both your 3DS and Wii U.
At the moment, the Nintendo Account doesn't really do much. It's more kind of for everything. It's what they will be using for phones and stuff. I'm pretty sure you needed a Wii U or 3DS to create a NNID.

RagnarokX

translation folks, STAT!

Dish out on the cloud!

It's a bush:
e8edjgv.png

rpmurphy

I wish the transaction history was better displayed.
Looks too smart phone oriented right now, though I guess that is the whole point of the Nintendo Account.
Yeah, at some point it would be nice to have some options for filtering or searching, but I don't see it being used all too often anyway. It's nice at least not having to use the 3DS or Wii U eShop to look at this now.

RagnarokX

What is the difference then?

They included "account" in the name so that people will stop saying Nintendo doesn't have accounts? :p

This new account system is supposed to be friendlier, with cloud-based features. It also replaces Club Nintendo and will offer rewards for purchases.

tiijj

Anyone getting this error?

リクエストされた内容に誤りがあります。

I tried registering with my NNID and another method, it kept on giving me that error.

They included "account" in the name so that people will stop saying Nintendo doesn't have accounts? :p

This new account system is supposed to be friendlier, with cloud-based features. It also replaces Club Nintendo and will offer rewards for purchases.

isn't that one is replaced by My Nintendo

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I think at this point there are very few differences. One of them, it seems, is that money can now be added to your accounts via a computer (unless that could already be done in Japan).

The biggest difference is that this account is going to house all of Nintendo's upcoming online initiatives and likely has a new backend thanks to DeNA. I think how Nintendo Account differs from NNID's services will become much clearer once Nintendo's mobile initiatives get going and once NX is revealed.

At the very least, it's a rebranding to signify a shift from the previous "closed" system that was limited to Nintendo systems to something much more open that is on many devices.

hawthorneluke

Neo Member
Anyone getting this error?

リクエストされた内容に誤りがあります。

I tried registering with my NNID and another method, it kept on giving me that error.

Say's there's a mistake in your request

rpmurphy

It's probably a way for them to eventually deprecate the NNID system in favor of a better-designed single sign-on system without impacting existing users. Consider this will likely be used for future software and services on non-Nintendo hardware like Android/iOS devices.

tiijj

I tried switching my browser (firefox) and it seems to work, it might be chrome or some extension I had with chrome.

I love surprises like this. Can you sign up for a Nintendo Account using social networks (that aren't NNID/Miiverse) yet? Just curious.

The opening of Nintendo Topics is big news too, and something Nintendo should have done sooner -- Their biggest mistake is staying silent, so hopefully they'll be able to inform and address everyone in a way that's as successful as the PS Blog is.

Hiding developer posts on Miiverse just wasn't working.

I love surprises like this. Can you sign up for a Nintendo Account using social networks (that aren't NNID/Miiverse) yet? Just curious.

Yes, you can sign up with a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account, but you can't buy anything from their site without linking to an NNID.

It's for Japanese only now, I suppose this account thing is region locked.

When signing up using my Japanese NNID, I couldn't change my country from Japan or change my timezone from Japan's.

fernoca

Eager to see how this works in NA. Hopefully we won't need to file police reports anymore to transfer licenses to new systems.
That was never an issue with the Wii U since 2012 and neither was in the late Wii years. :p

Looking forward to the NA release of this. Too bad it didn't made it sooner when I preloaded Xenoblade, but at least there are a few things coming out soon.

Top Bottom