• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup Announced

I mean Zelda is great and all but...
raw

Tagg9

It's hard to imagine that they ever considered NOT bringing out Zelda at launch. They'd have virtually nothing without it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
That doesn't strike me as a good lineup for Japan. Zelda isn't exactly a big seller. They needed Splatoon 2.

Kyry

1 2 Switch is something you have to buy? I thought it was a pack in. Its like a glorified Rock Paper Scissors

The odds of DQ: Heroes 1 and 2 coming out over here at launch (maybe ever) are slim so it will probably just be Zelda that I'll buy.

I think ARMS looks really cool actually, I just can never really put much time into fighting games.

Pretty disappointing.

Ōkami

That's not good at all, particarly in Japan where Zelda isn't that popular.

A Monster Hunter game comes out on 3DS two weeks later so all attention will go to that.

Nothing announce to release from launch until Mario Kart in April.

Wii U:

Japanese launch: December 8, 2012

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
FIFA 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
ZombiU

Wii:

Crayon Shin-chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii
Elebits
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Kororinpa
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Machi-Kuru Domino
Necro-Nesia
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Super Swing Golf
Tamagotchi: Party On!
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Wing Island
Fifa was on Wii U?

Why did they have it in the press conference then?

HardRojo

Focusing on a single console was going to help building a bigger library, no? Anyone? Seriously Nintendo, I wasn't hyped for the console, but now I'm not even interested for some time.

18-Volt

Minus DQH1+2, plus Rayman Legends, that's your western launch:

-Zelda
-Puyo Puyo Tetris
-Rayman Legends
-Bomberman
-Disgaea 5
-I Am Setsuna

emb

Was really hoping they'd have a section at the end just for launch titles. Guess almost nothing is ready. I'm honestly really ok with it though, because Zelda is and the sooner I get my new hardware and my Zelda game, the better.

1 2 Switch seemed like a launch title, but I didn't catch a mention of date in the presentation. Glad to hear. Seems neat. Guess it's not a pack in though? Hard to see myself paying for this one on its own. Still the concept is interesting-ish and I'm cautiously curious.

ranmafan

There's some great games in there for sure but way way way too many ports Not sure how well any of them will do, especially when you can get most of those games now used and in some case new on other systems at low prices. Should be more new stuff on that list.

Narroo

Yes, its more than two games:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/software/switch/index.html

- Zelda Breath of the Wild
- 1 2 Switch
- Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
- Nobunaga no Yabou Power Kit thingy
- I am Setsuna
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Disgaea 5
- Super Bomberman R

A rather polarizing line up. If you like JRPG's and alternative games, this can keep you occupied for awhile. It's worth noting that Puyo Puyo and Bomberman are rather well respected games in their circles.

But, if you're not a JRPG fan, or a arcade/puzzle game fan, then you're out of luck. If I were buying the Switch at launch, this would be enough until more games started coming out a month or two later, though not the best line-up.

Raw64life

Gonna assume that DQ Heroes double pack isn't part of the North American launch. In fact, no sign of Dragon Quest on the NA Switch site whatsoever. Not surprised, just disappointed.

Wii U:

Japanese launch: December 8, 2012

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
FIFA 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
ZombiU

Wii:

Crayon Shin-chan: Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii
Elebits
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Kororinpa
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Machi-Kuru Domino
Necro-Nesia
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Super Swing Golf
Tamagotchi: Party On!
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Wing Island

In comparison that's really not a bad launch line-up, especially considering this is for Japan.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
I mean...how about compare to vita?

Murugo

I mean, you could wait a few months for the good games to come out.

But then your online subscription trial expires.

HardRojo

The odds of DQ: Heroes 1 and 2 coming out over here at launch (maybe ever) are slim so it will probably just be Zelda that I'll buy.

I think ARMS looks really cool actually, I just can never really put much time into fighting games.

Pretty disappointing.

ARMS ain't even a launch title. Wait, 1 2 Switch isn't a pack in game?

Izayoi

Banned
Setsuna and Zelda, of course.

Keep in mind everything is REGION FREE now.

You can play any of these on an NA console.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So hypothetically, I blow through Zelda in, let's be generous given the scope and say 2-3 weeks....then I wait for some WiiU ports, or until Fall-Holiday 2017 for any big new stuff?

Yikes.

What games indeed, Reggie. What games indeed.

Fucking hell.

Which I'm saying a lot this morning, sadly. The more we learn, the more and more this looks like a fucking train wreck of both a conference and a system launch.

Top Bottom