• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

I think this image is 720 vs 1080, can't find original post

DKomsqx.gif

I made a new one recently. This one uses bilinear filtering for the Xbox One res shot, which is being charitable.

Click here for full res.

5SJslNY.gif

betterman

Banned
The thing is,.. MS can save this with a $299 price tag and take the financial hit (which they can afford).

come on MS, just say fuck it and go straight loco. The landscape would change drastically with this move..

It will not happen but MS has made a similar thing when releasing OG Xbox. (Halfing the price after two weeks.. At least in EU.)

Companies make money, not charity.

I like CBOAT as much as the next guy but they should come out and confirm every little rumour that comes out.

For one its a great way for them to get caught if someone at MS is spreading false rumours internally to catch leakers and another point would be only a small number of people might know what they know so leaking something real specific would narrow down who they are.

They did comment earlier in the year that the OS was a mess and the rebuild to remove the DRM would only set MS back on development that was already behind so I am not shocked at the recent rumours of that being true.
The only questions seems to be how much of a shit show it will be day 1. Was there talk of match making still being busted or was that just more speculation?

Loakum

Banned
...this thread has made me almost fall from my chair from laughing so hard (conrad's tweets)....now my mind is blown reading cboats and bish's comments. THIS THREAD DELIVERS!!!

Pain

Banned
I would not worry, games should eventually look even just like with the ps3.
Better than launch? Of course!
Better than PS4? No.

Devs will gain experienceon both platforms over time and both platforms will be pushed further and further every year.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.

Love this post. More posts like these!!

Where's the gasoline when you need it!?

Corto

Why is Bish allowed to tease this stuff but when other non mods do it they get banned?

Should either spill it or keep quiet.

As someone who is getting an Xbox One I still want to know this stuff.

You answered your own question in your post. Read it again more attentively.

Iacobellis

My weekend was just fucking made with this 720p uproar. God damn... Am I more hyped for the 15th or 22nd now? I want to see how half-assed this launch will be!

GeoramA

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.
You had me going for a second :lol

TaKeRx

Kinda salty there.. but I'm stil getting exclusives on Ps4 only and all multiplats on XB1. Too many people I know are going to get it and I know they have no idea about resolution. sucks...

Eusis

I wonder if we're seeing Wii U x2 for launch or something? That is, everyone has to download a giant update that takes up quite some time, and should the system go off at any point in this it'll take the system down with it?

"9 minutes new footage killzone SF !" 10 pages in 2 days
"New Forza direct feed !" 5 pages in 3 days
"Half life 3 announced ! Is the best game ever !" 15 pages in 24 hours

"Xbox one game 720p !" 100 pages in 5 hours.
Haha, more like 15 pages in 3 minutes before the GAF server explodes and takes 24 hours to replace.

Pain

Banned
Do you think that casuals will care about resolution at all? They will put the discs on their X1 and marvel at their shiny new cod ghosts upscaled to 1080p and make fun at their friends who still have the 360 version.
DRM problems were known by casuals.
Resolution-gate will to. They may not fully understand what it means but they will know that the PS4 version of COD is better.

I love social media.

IN&OUT

Banned

What in the effin eff...is this! you lost your mind Sethos...calling mental help!

How come people seem so generally happy to hear about bad news for the XB1?

I don't think people are happy per se, well at least most people. From an academic standpoint, I find it utterly fascinating watching a company basically losing its brand power over the course of a few months because of idiotic decisions and design flaws. It's like a train wreck or a car accident. You want to look away, but you can't. The same thing happened with Sony at the start of this gen.

Wut ?

Someone junior this guy

beast786

Oh boy, please tell me you forgot /s

Samyy

I think he's saying devs will overcome the esram issue and the multiplats will be equal with the PS4 version. Like what happened with the PS3 versions over the course of the generation.

These vague hints are killing me. Oh November will be fun indeed.

I think what cboat was trying to say was that its unlikely they'll ever hit the PS4

Loakum

Banned
Launch is too late, surely? Isn't most peoples problem with the secrecy the fact it feels like MS are just hoping to ride into those pre-order sales based on consumer ignorance?

*eats popcorn* yes, basically. And it's probably is gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom