• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minyobi

Okay, so here's the simple question from the kids at home:

"Should people who want the Xbox One feel safe in buying one at launch?"

Yeah, this is the real question here.
I'm laughing at the 720p stuff with everyone, but if it is worse than that, then I want to see some megatons like pronto.

GPsych

This situation completely sucks. All of my friends are picking up an X1, so if I want to do any online MP games with them, I pretty much have to go X1. I knew that PS4 was the better deal, but was hoping that the X1 would be decent enough to justify the price and not be massively inferior. Alas, it sounds like it's even worse than the projections. This really sucks.

Ok folks. Speculation time. I'm gonna go with the most fucked up scenario.
#Prediction - Cloud isn't up at launch.

That's bad

Feorax said:
From the vague hints dropped here, my interpretation is that the day one patch isn't ready yet, and MS don't know if it will be in time. The "ass storm" suggests that in it's current incarnation, it could even be bricking consoles, but that MS will have to risk it because that day 1 patch has to be, as you would expect, there day 1.

Pure educated guess, please do not take as gospel.

But this would be far more terrifying if I had any designs of buying a launch XB1

Welp, looks like it might be a good time to add just a tad more of dat secret sauce.

ketchup-bottle-explosion.gif
Hahaha i love this gif

Secret sauce lol.ahahahah

Megatron

720 isn't a big deal if that's what it takes to make the games all in 60FPS I guess....

Of course, we know these games aren't in 60FPS so....

MormaPope

Banned
MS fucked up their only product that had positive momentum in the last 8 years. gg

And millions of consumers still stick around when that product would break imminently. The Xbox 360 was a blessing for Microsoft. And somehow in really dumb ways they fucked it all up.

The OG Xbox and Xbox 360 are some of my favorite consoles, with Microsoft's current handling and decisions I have no faith in their future as a console manufacturer.

N.Domixis

Banned
This situation completely sucks. All of my friends are picking up an X1, so if I want to do any online MP games with them, I pretty much have to go X1. I knew that PS4 was the better deal, but was hoping that the X1 would be decent enough to justify the price and not be massively inferior. Alas, it sounds like it's even worse than the projections. This really sucks.

try buying a ps4 than get them to play it so they can experience a technology far above what they can even comprehend.

D6AMIA6N

If your primary competitor is doing it, you should be too. There's really no excuse. Coming from a predominantly 360 current gen household, MS's continued slide is just flabbergasting.

Launch is too late, surely? Isn't most peoples problem with the secrecy the fact it feels like MS are just hoping to ride into those pre-order sales based on consumer ignorance?

doesn't just 'feel like' it - it's ms' stated gameplan:

And the negativity? Well, it may not matter so much to Microsoft. Sure, core gamers complain, but the folks who don't really pay attention and who just want a fancy box will be fine with Microsoft's Xbox One. "In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details," said Mehdi. "We've seen it in the research, we've seen it in a lot of the data points."...

So, is this problem fixable? Or are reviews being delayed to reduce damage?

How are some titles running fine while others aren't?

Will it really affect scores THAT much? I mean, if performance (FPS) started taking a hit, that would be even worse.

Is this something about developers running into issues with the hardware? Can it be overcome with time/experience?

Coolwhip

Banned
Do any other industries have so much drama when it comes to simple tech products? The soap opera that is Xbox One is just amazing. Love the Office Space gif.

Just tell your friends about this and maybe they'll switch... You dont have to be the follower, be the leader lol

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.

What the fuck am i reading???

Surely no Xbone reviews coming out at the same time as PS4/current-gen reviews would still be bad for the Xbone? People will probably think something fishy is going on.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So,

I guess this guy doesn't want to work in the industry anymore?

Seems hard trolling Major Nelsons twitter is a good way to burn almost every bridge.

Who was the insider that said we would see more impressive stuff from MS at E3 and then downgrades as we approach launch? Thuway? Whoever it was... vindication to the max.

Edit:

Why are your friends blindly buying an X1? Usually when I'm about to lay down several hundred dollars I would at least dedicate 10-20 minutes of research into the competing products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom