• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.

Not quite as subtle as some of your previous troll posts, Sethos, but still a good one.

Obviously, people will still fall for it.

Kolgar

Even if all we get is the teasing, I am grateful to Bish and CBOAT. All will be revealed eventually.

In the meantime, the anticipation is so damn delicious!

todahawk

YG6AOBH.gif

CBOAT knows where the exhaust port is but is waiting for the Death Star to become fully operational... :(

mhayze

So why is Forza 1080p when COD is 720p?

Wouldn't doubt if MS told them every trick in the book, and worked with them as well, to make it 1080p. Maybe it's one of those stupid things where "only we know how to make it 1080p."
Nope.

Turn 10 owned by MS so they got the hardware before anyone else. Plus unlike IW with CoD games, they dont need to spend time and resources making 5 other versions of the game.
And even so, people who played the demo were saying that there's a lack of AA. Hopefully that demo is old though
Nope.

Forza has very little things to render.. Ghosts has an entire world. Forza has a set track (you can't go anywhere in the world), Ghosts has more open-world.
More like it, IMHO. Racing games are easier to make playable at a higher resolution.

Feorax

From the vague hints dropped here, my interpretation is that the day one patch isn't ready yet, and MS don't know if it will be in time. The "ass storm" suggests that in it's current incarnation, it could even be bricking consoles, but that MS will have to risk it because that day 1 patch has to be, as you would expect, there day 1.

Pure educated guess, please do not take as gospel.

The ass storm approaches

If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

??

um yess butt thiasisnt it. wWati for laucnh.

Thread is amazing

Honestly, I don't see the problem. No one can see the difference between 720p and 1080p - We're talking about a minuscule difference in pixels. It's obvious what Microsoft were trying to do and they achieved it; create a gaming machine that is extremely versatile with the right performance for the market. The Playstation 4 is just expensive and decadent, like a giant phallus symbol just reaching into the heavens. Barely half of that 8GB GDDR5 is even available to the developers -- All show, no go!

I honestly can't believe the fuss being kicked up about this. Microsoft still have amazing technologies like Kinect and stuff. Xbox is a great brand these days and no one really cares about Sony anymore so no matter who has the bigger numbers, Xbox will be the victor.

oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

EvB

The "ass storm" suggests that in it's current incarnation, it could even be bricking consoles, but that MS will have to risk it because that day 1 patch has to be, as you would expect, there day 1.

Pure educated guess, please do not take as gospel.

Educated guess or baseless speculation?

I wish they would just spill the beans, why are the mods keeping anonymous cboat's anonymous information totally secret?

Mr.Speedy

Banned
Oh my gosh I thought surely it couldn't be true. I don't know if I can handle all of this excitement. I hope bish has extra room in his bunker. The meltdowns will be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom