• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Montana Football 16

Wah wah wah, moving goal posts.

Fable 2/3 were huge on Xbox 360 and those are just the first two announcements along with the other load of games Microsoft have just been releasing on PC like Ori, State of Decay, Max, Kalimba, Lococycle, Fable Anniversary, Halo Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike, Rise of Nations Extended Edition, Age of Empires II HD and Age of Mythology Extended Edition.

More will come, but they aren't going to blow their load in 1 event

Wow, Fable, which except for 2 has always come to PC, a bunch of indie/downloadable games that have always made it to PC as well, and a bunch of re-releases... of PC games...

Wow! That commitment!

Wow, Fable, which except for 2 has always come to PC, a bunch of indie/downloadable games that have always made it to PC as well, and a bunch of re-releases... of PC games...

Wow! That commitment!

People want Xbox games on PC, they're getting them. Ryse and DR3 also came to PC after MS funded them too, they've made their strategy games as well, there is more to come.

Welfare

Wow! That commitment!

What do you want them to do? Just release everything they have right now while it's being developed?

Some of you guys I swear.

People want Xbox games on PC, they're getting them. Ryse and DR3 also came to PC after MS funded them too, they've made their strategy games as well, there is more to come.

Of which MS had nothing to do with bringing them to PC, so it's a moot point.

What do you want them to do? Just release everything they have right now while it's being developed?

Some of you guys I swear.

No. I was just making the point that we haven't really seen this so-called "upping of support" steve is talking about, rather just them maintaining the status quo they've had for the last few years.

In other words, I'll believe it when it see it.

Doffen

No. I was just making the point that we haven't really seen this so-called "upping of support" steve is talking about, rather that they're just maintaining the status quo they've had for the last few years.

In other words, "I'll believe it when it see it."

What would be upping the support?

"Halo, Forza, and Gears of War day and date with the Xbox versions"

that's basically what I think this is all code for, lol. They could release 50 other PC/Xbox games, but if those 3 aren't there at the exact same time as the Xbox version, it doesn't count as "PC support".

You've heard it a million times at this point, but what's one more I guess? Putting games like Forza Horizon 2 or Sunset Overdrive on PC (notice I didn't say Steam). I'm not even asking for their biggest IPs like Halo or Gears or even the mainline Forza games (though it would be nice of course). I don't even care if they release them a year late. Yeah I know, "MS wants people buying Xboxes," yada yada. That's why I mentioned games like Forza and SO, which didn't move many consoles. Games like that would only provide them extra revenue if they, say, were to release them on the Windows 10 Store.

Also, I should note that I'm not too invested on whether Microsoft puts their IPs on PC or not. I mostly just replied because of steverulez' post and wanted to correct it, especially since MS has spouted the same empty rhetoric time and time again without changing much of anything. If they do it, cool, I might buy the games. If not, whatever.

"Halo, Forza, and Gears of War day and date with the Xbox versions"

that's basically what I think this is all code for, lol. They could release 50 other PC/Xbox games, but if those 3 aren't there at the exact same time as the Xbox version, it doesn't count as "PC support".

Nice try, but no.

I don't care what this game may or may not turn out to be, but Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe better return as announcers or I will probably lose my shit.

Doffen

You've heard it a million times at this point, but what's one more I guess? Putting games like Forza Horizon 2 or Sunset Overdrive on PC (notice I didn't say Steam). I'm not even asking for their biggest IPs like Halo or Gears or even the mainline Forza games (though it would be nice of course). I don't even care if they release them a year late. Yeah I know, "MS wants people buying Xboxes," yada yada. That's why I mentioned games like Forza and SO, which didn't move many consoles. Games like that would only provide them extra revenue if they, say, were to release them on the Windows 10 Store.

I don't think we would see games such as Forza Horizon or Sunset Overdrive from Microsoft if they didn't believe it would sell Xbox. Most of the games they publish are in hopes that they will gain new consumers that will eventually buy more products from them.

The PC digital store market is quite crowded and I don't believe even Halo 5 1 year later would gain them core consumers on Windows Store. Games as a service might help. Didn't Steam see an increase of active users after Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2?
Fable Legends and Gigantic are both games in the service category, I think we will eventually see Killer Instinct join in as well.

I don't think we would see games such as Forza Horizon or Sunset Overdrive from Microsoft if they didn't believe it would sell Xbox. Most of the games they publish are in hopes that they will gain new consumers that will eventually buy more products from them.

The PC digital store market is quite crowded and I don't believe even Halo 5 1 year later would gain them core consumers on Windows Store. Games as a service might help. Didn't Steam see an increase of active users after Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2?
Fable Legends and Gigantic are both games in the service category, I think we will eventually see Killer Instinct join in as well.

I'm not saying those games pushed zero units, but we know they don't push consoles like Halo or Smash. They seemed to push a few thousand or so and they sell consoles in the sense that the games help bolster the Xbox's library, but I don't think putting them on PC eventually would affect it's sales much at all.

I mean I don't really know what MS' plans are. I just know the precedent they've set over the last few years. And it's not an optimistic one in my eyes. We'll see though.

Given the games existed because Microsoft financed them and didn't come to PS4, Microsoft obviously signed a deal that allowed them to go on PC after launch

I mean I guess? if you really want to think about it like that, but Crytek has released all their games on PC, and Capcom has been releasing 95% of theirs on PC too for the past 6 or 7 years or so (except for Dragon's Dogma for some stupid reason and Monster Hunter), so I can't say it was too big of a surprise for either to end up on PC, especially with both owning their respective IPs. Even still, I wouldn't call that Microsoft being proactive.

belushy

Banned
So Damon Grow updated his bio earlier. Instead of "super secret sports company" it now says "Superstar Games" and noted that Joe Montana owns it and that "all will be made clear tomorrow". I'm assuming that means during the Microsoft conference.

ekim

So Damon Grow updated his bio earlier. Instead of "super secret sports company" it now says "Superstar Games" and noted that Joe Montana owns it and that "all will be made clear tomorrow". I'm assuming that means during the Microsoft conference.

So not 2k?

on the youtube stream, Peter Moore says he knows nothing about the joe montana game and they hold the exclusive licence so he does not know whats going on

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
on the youtube stream, Peter Moore says he knows nothing about the joe montana game and they hold the exclusive licence so he does not know whats going on

It'll be a massive swerve when they reveal it's actually at the Sony presentation!

Afrikan

he didn't mention for how long did he?

EA is so embarrassed to tell everyone how long they have the deal for.

just say it.

he didn't mention for how long did he?

EA is so embarrassed to tell everyone how long they have the deal for.

just say it.

No. Geoff pressed him about what he knew. Said he knew nothing about it. Then geoff basically made him confirm the only place the nfl licence can be, is in a Madden title.

Followed by a quick plug for how great the new Madden is lol

If this were a real product, NFL license or not, I feel like the time to announce it will have passed. Not only do they have to beat Madden on release date, but they have to beat Madden preorders which EA is surely going to start pushing hard if they haven't already. Once people plop down that deposit it's going to be hard to get them to look at anything else.

C-Drive

If this were a real product, NFL license or not, I feel like the time to announce it will have passed. Not only do they have to beat Madden on release date, but they have to beat Madden preorders which EA is surely going to start pushing hard if they haven't already. Once people plop down that deposit it's going to be hard to get them to look at anything else.

I feel like they have no chance to beat Madden anyways, license or no. Madden fans will buy Madden.

I do feel like they've missed the boat on coming out and making it clear there is no license before revealing there isn't one. I think that's going to make a lot of people "nope" out real quick after all the rumoring that it might have one.

If this was real in the way we want it to be then Madden would have looked a hell of a lot better then it did yesterday. If there were legitimate competition they would throw money at the Madden studio and crush the competition then roll back to business as usual. This is probably some kind of Football manager or fantasy football thing.

That said, this is possibly the craziest E3 I've ever seen. If it was going to happen this would be the E3 for it to happen.

Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif

KissVibes

Banned
I'm betting the development team themselves pushed all those bullshit rumors. Nobody would give a single fuck about this otherwise.

NHale

I'm betting the development team themselves pushed all those bullshit rumors. Nobody would give a single fuck about this otherwise.

Of course they did.

Leak it as affiliated with 2K (to grab NFL 2K fans) and console exclusive (to grab warriors attention) and watch the evangelists pushing the game for them. And as always people fell to this strategy, proving once again people believe anything they want to believe no matter how silly it is.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Of course they did.

Leak it as affiliated with 2K (to grab NFL 2K fans) and console exclusive (to grab warriors attention) and watch the evangelists pushing the game for them. And as always people fell to this strategy, proving once again people believe anything they want to believe no matter how silly it is.

image.php

Top Bottom